Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16 April 2024, 11:25

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Future Talk: Guidelines and Purpose
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Future Talk: Guidelines and Purpose  (Read 2856 times)
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« on: 29 August 2008, 20:17 »

Pay close attention because I don't want to have to keep referencing this thread.  Grin

This section is for discussing things that you would like to see if/when the module is renewed. The players have been calling for more involvement and awareness, and this is where it will ideally happen. Hopefully we can keep this civil and contrary to HazMatt's suggestion I won't get covered in tar and feathers.

The same forum rules apply of course, and some new ones:
- Unnecessary posts will be removed; I want focused discussion so if you want to post "LOL!" make sure to add something useful in the same post - or expect it to be removed.
- Post future-relevant topics only; the general discussion is where you will post things about the current GvM1, such as "Jonny hit me too hard yesterday" and "The brain-pool is absorbing our babies when we walk in!"
- Excessive complaining or insulting will be removed; I like focused discussion, so don't tear into each other unless you have something constructive to add please.
- Try to post in threads that already exist; to control the swath of ideas and overloading this section with clutter, please try to keep your discussion in one of the threads that already exist. If a controversial or hotly discussed idea is presented in a thread, it - and related discussion - will be moved to a separate thread by myself.

Follow these simple guidelines and the section will stay up and you will be well informed and contributing.
« Last Edit: 28 November 2008, 03:47 by Rade » Logged
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2008, 06:35 »

I've been given some advice, and I greatly appreciate it. What saddens me is that few seem to understand that some of the ideas I presented are just ideas and subject to your influence. However, it was too much, too soon, and gravely misunderstood (I attribute a great deal of that to my language use; statements using "we" separate my individual opinion and make it seem as if it is a group sentiment- which not everyone is willing to be a part of).

If I wanted to redesign the game entirely, I should just go on a solo project and make my own server. From now on I won't be posting any outlandish or over-the-top changes that will shock people as they have. Instead, the focus should be on using what we have to create a more exciting game (not restructuring it from the ground up) and the best way to do this is by focusing on items and areas.
Less nerfs, more building; I hope you enjoy.
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2008, 01:11 »

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind anyone who's been having difficulty with the authority I exert in this section to re-read the first post at least.

I'm trying to provide a focused environment, and if you refuse to adhere to these simple rules I'm going to lock/delete/move/edit/etcetera to your posts.

If you don't like how I run this section, sorry. The rules are simple, and they only apply here where I have jurisdiction; don't let my section give you an impression about the whole forums.
I'm not banning anyone from posting, I'm just removing irrelevant posts.

To summarize the rules: Be creative, but be nice about it. Focus on ideas relevant to the future of GvM1 and quite likely GvM2.
If you have anymore problems, please send them to me via PM.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: