Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 13:40

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Items
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Items  (Read 26797 times)
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« on: 29 August 2008, 21:13 »

Aigh't let's get cracking on some ideas. The simplest and most time-occupying change is to items.

Below I encourage you to post ideas for new items that you would like to see. Please keep in mind that they don't all have to be the most-uber-top-quality item and that just about anything is possible.
We are trying to lower the magic level a little, so don't rely on your current GvM1 item experience as a blueprint, but more as a guideline for the maximum. A LotR theme is encouraged, but not necessary.

Some items you may very well see in the game, others may inspire some that we create.

An example to start:

Uglúk's Marching Boots
Uglúk was the leader of the orc-band that captured Merry Brandybuck and Pippin Took at Parth Galen. These shoes have withstood long strides of their heavy master and covered many miles, yet they are surprisingly resilient to be together after such a long time. Some magic is still left in them, and the speed of the wearer encourages others to keep pace.
Properties:
Mass Haste 3 uses/day
Constitution +4
Armor Bonus +3 (Dodge)
« Last Edit: 29 August 2008, 22:21 by Rade » Logged
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2008, 19:33 »

A example of The games  Low magic themed Top armor With fairly easy attainability.

Mithraill Full Plate Of the Elf Lords

Ac bonus +5
   Slashing 10 Dr.
   40 % weight

///Many Of The elf lords Of Rivendale Yet Retain The Fine Craftings Of Fingolin The former Master of Crafts. And High Smith Of the Court of Elrond.  These legacies of the second age have helped to preserve the life Of The elves For centuries.///

I am thinking plus 5 gear  would be the tops available here.....   And This would be the replacement type armor for mithrail plate +7 15 slash dr and freedom. 40% weight.

This would be the ingenral item tone down I would be interested in seeing
WooldorSockbat
Poster

Plays: Not Set

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2008, 19:52 »

As an aficionado of Norse culture...

Viking Helmet

"A pair of misshapen animal horns protrude from a dome-shaped piece of iron. Dents and dirt from many centuries cover what appear to be tribal markings on the metal, and a distinct smell of blood and ale seem to radiate from the entire helmet.

How ale ended up in this helmet is anybody's guess."

-Armor Bonus: +5 (AC Deflection Modifier)
-Ability Modifier: Cha -4
-Use: Bull's Strength 1/day
-Skill Bonus: Intimidate +5
WooldorSockbat
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2008, 19:59 »

This is along the lines of items, but not a specific one. I always enjoyed finding magic weapons with assorted features to them. It kills the idea of farming for a specific item, and gives a sense of uniqueness to what you find. I'd love to see it implemented a little more Smiley
Mernok
Tester
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2008, 20:14 »

I always thought it would be interesting to have a weapon that does a little of each elemental type of damage.. nothing major.. but just for example a longsword with 1d4 cold, 1d4 electric, 1d4 fire, 1d4 acid, and 1d4 sonic. Something that would be useful for getting past some of the natural resistances.. but not enough to where its going to be overpowering. Although maybe I am wrong because if someone didn't have some of those resistances, they can add up pretty quickly.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2008, 20:24 »

Westernese Blade Of Power.....     

Long sword 

Encantment bonus plus 5

Damage bonus positive d8

//// Before The kings of men fell under the sway of the rings of power The western kingdom of men was a fair  place and home to the numenorian Ideals of justice and courage   There were mighty blades forged in Anagmar to destroy the shadow and protect the weak.. Ere the shadow fell over the kings heart ......///
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Just a thought but cohesiveness of damage might be a good idea

wesernese.... positive

easternese/ black numenorien... negative

elven... divine or magic

dwarven extra physical damage type  in big numbers to offset the enchant stacking,
 or for dwarven weps do a attack bonus and then a extra phys damage type

Mordor  Fire makes sense thematically but better off withmagic   since fire is so lame

gondorian /...sonic

haradrim/  Fire

rohirim/ electric

isenguard/ cold

Alot of these obviously are already themes sort of and the uber weps or boss drops could combine 2 damage types
WooldorSockbat
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2008, 20:49 »

dwarven extra physical damage type  in big numbers to offset the enchant stacking,
 or for dwarven weps do a attack bonus and then a extra phys damage type

Playing off of this idea, I'd love to see dwarven weapons be straight up +6 weapons, no elemental damage or keen or anything else. Yes, I know the server is very adamant against this. Hear me out...

It'd do wonders for helping to balance dragon builds (no, I'm not going to use the +8 sling. Afterall, it's a sling), and RP-wise it'd really make dwarven weapons the finest crafted weapons in the world. Right now dwarven weapons are useless (just try making a dwarven waraxe build and you'll see what I mean). To help balance it, they could be only for specifically bad weapons like quarterstaff, spear, trident, etc.
WooldorSockbat
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 August 2008, 21:12 »

(just try making a dwarven waraxe build and you'll see what I mean).

On that note, the server needs a good, semi-available waraxe...

Mordor's Fury
Dwarven Waraxe

From the heart of Mordor breathes a lust for destruction - A destruction that's permanent and complete. The Weaponsmiths of Mordor crafted this axe with that one type of destruction in mind...

Enhancement: +5
Damage Bonus: 1d10 positive damage
Keen

I'm thinking a response to "Gondor's Wrath", the 1d10 positive damage dealing b. sword that sells in MT... it's obscene to have something with positive selling in one city and not the other, since it's basically unresistable damage on GvM. Yeah, RP-wise it doesn't make sense for a Mordor weapon to have positive, but realistically everything has negative immunity and/or resist, divine would make less sense, and magic damage is commonly resisted. It'd truly be in the spirit of Mordor's Fury  Evil
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 August 2008, 21:20 »

Maybe make immunities rarer, so saving throws become an important part of a character. of course, there are just some lame spells like bigbys and igms that could get worked around with it, but freedom and mass immunities to mind affecting spells, fear effects and so on make playing a mage at higher levels almost useless, and grating too much power to build combinations that make 'em almost flawless ( bar/rdd/pm comes to mind)
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2008, 07:18 »

I always carry this soapbox to stand on at a moments notice.  2handers and doubleweapons have inherent difficulties that make them hard to build for (e.g. LOW AC).  Often I find 1handers being so strong that there isn't anywhere to go building-wise for a 2hander/doubleweapon without making a WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction).  One excuse for +6 weapons could be larger weapons being able to hold a more potent enchantment (i.e. 2handers/doubleweapons).  Anyways, just a perspective to keep in mind when building weapons.  Cool ideas so far Cool
ManiacK
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Builder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2008, 16:11 »

Are these all copyrighted for GvM1 or can I use these description also in the itemset for GvM2, I'm at the point where I make items named: "yet another stupid sword"

<1> please tell me if there's any way to check if a table exist in mysql database
<2> if (mysql_query('DROP TABLE table_name')) echo "table existed";
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 September 2008, 18:27 »

Are these all copyrighted for GvM1 or can I use these description also in the itemset for GvM2, I'm at the point where I make items named: "yet another stupid sword"
I don't see why not, we're one in the same anyways...

Here's an item I made with the idea of fighters and other non-haste warrior classes in mind; scripts are all written and functional:

Inspired Suffering: Mail of the Martyr
The bearer of this plate must experience great suffering in order to receive its blessing. His pain fuels the magical threads that is bound to the metal, upon release it drives the companions of the wearer to a supernatural state of agility and speed.
Base armor type: Half-plate
Armor bonus: +5 AC
Damage Resistance: +6 soak 5
Onhit Unique Power (Self-power only): Every 25 attacks that hit and damage the wearer mass haste is fired and all allies in the area gain speed for 1round/level of fighter, barbarian, ranger, dwarven defender, champion of torm (etc etc). Every 5 hits a message is sent to the wearer to let them know how many hits are left.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 September 2008, 20:55 »

Al Answari Concubine Blade

////Since the scatered Tribes of Harad fell under the rule of the first shaw The Al Answari have served as his dark hand  spies and assassins of the royal house..   And more deadly than can be dreamed by the men of the north are the fire eyed concubines of Al Answari. Many are the Tents that have Ben found soaked in blood at dawn, its master bound in silken ropes and dressed for bed. And the bueatifull dark dancer he entered his tent with nowhere to be found. ///

Kukri plus 5enchant bonus
Keen
On hit vorpal dc 18
On hit poison str dc 22
damage bonus pierce 1d10
must be evil
class restriction assassin
notyou1
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 September 2008, 02:37 »

I feel that items above plus 5 magic should rarely, if at all be in the game. I really like Terroble's idea of a higher magic enhancement for 2 handed weapons. Smiley

Also, I feel helmets that provide an ac bonus should also reduce spot and listen and possibly concentration.

I also like the idea of items that are both blessed and cursed, especially the more powerful items.

Lastly, I feel that items that grant immunities should be non-existent, or near impossible to find. Perhaps only as DM rewards.

« Last Edit: 03 September 2008, 03:08 by Rade » Logged
WooldorSockbat
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 September 2008, 02:46 »

Perhaps only as DM rewards.

...and how did we get to this point again? DM reward only items are a bad idea. DMs play favorites sometimes - I'm sure they don't intend to, but let's face it... some people are jerks, and nobody wants to deal with people like that. Some people are cool, and want to help. It's natural.

Edit: Thanks rade... I didn't think it too off topic to retort someone else's idea with substantiation. If you -really- feel that's too off topic, then delete the post.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2008, 05:27 by Rade » Logged
ShinsFortress
Poster

Beauty and the beast.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03 September 2008, 09:36 »

Lastly, I feel that items that grant immunities should be non-existent, or near impossible to find. Perhaps only as DM rewards.

I would agree.  Subjectively I really like.  It would make Mages feel more powerful (at least for the time they have spells available) again.  I guess my old PnP habits are still lurking around.  This can also work on servers less PvP orientated.  However, like it or not (I don't, but that's my lookout), GvM is very PvP orientated.  Now, for PvM it may be a hassle to continually rest a mage, but with the kudos and other rewards for PvP wins there'd be no shortage of people with mages who'd rest, kill a low magic character, rinse and repeat.

Items with immunities go a long way to making non mages/clerics competitive in PvP.  Also, given that GvM is not an RP themed server, there's even less urge to scale character classes to old principles.  Balance is the Diamond Sutra on GvM....

MORS VINCIT OMNIA
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 September 2008, 14:24 »

Embers Of the Wounded Land

base item lantern
alignment restriction  Evil
///  The fires of mount doom On rare occasions glow an ill shade of green and erupt  as if the earth  were purging itself of a suppurating foulness which infects its very core. The wicked Shadowmancers  of Mordor have found a way to preserve these accursed embers In boxes made of bone and glass and to use them as focuses for their masters dark will.///

Light bright green 10'

Cast Infestation of maggots lvl 7 xcharge per use
Cast cause crit wounds lvl 9?  x charge per use
cast harm lvl 11  xcharge per use

* all these spells are non changeable via the toolset in lvl cast and charge cost f.y.i. {not you rade I'm sure you and many others know this... just commenting for those who don't tinker with the tool set}
ShinsFortress
Poster

Beauty and the beast.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 September 2008, 16:44 »

Grail of Gondor

Not all have forgotten the older times.  Before the hearts of men turned to greed after their greatest were seduced by the power of the dark Lord, the elves helped them create many a wonderous item.  This is one of those.  Crafted with the greatest care and durability by innovative human craftsmanship and containing water from the very heart of Lothlorian it is renowned for it's curative and restorative powers.

Item Type:  Miscellaneous Magic Item
Weight:  2.0
Charges:  50

Cure Serious Wounds (10)  -  6 charges.
Restoration (7)  -  5 charges.
Remove Curse (5)  -  3 charges.
Remove Disease (5)  -  3 charges.
Cure Moderate Wounds (4)  -  2 charges.
Cure Light Wounds (2)  -  1 charge.

MORS VINCIT OMNIA
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 September 2008, 18:30 »

What would be the stats of the One Ring?

How about an event where Gondor has to get the ring to Mount Doom and Mordor needs to get it back and give to the Dark Lord himself? If that happened... well, imagine a war between Gondor and Mordor's finest with the Great Eye commanding his Army of Doom?
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 September 2008, 23:17 »

I'm imagine the stats of the One Ring would be:

Etherealness infinite use/day or a script that renders the target ethereal upon equipping it; however, if the equip-er was Sauron, it would wield a terrible force that sends men flying across battlefields and other mighty powers of mightiness.  Cheesy
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 September 2008, 00:43 »

seems like the one ring needs to be implemented, not for anyone to get though.  Make it an event for gondor and mordor, the ring always starts of in osgilioth at the reset and then you have to claim it, but I don't like the idea of placing it in the cities, since mordor would have a huge advantage because of their archers, (which was justified because of gondors guards could on hit mords disjunction which doesn't work anymore so I don't see how those archers are justified anymore).

pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 September 2008, 03:47 »

The Gondor Marksmen still have on hit dispel, which works quite well unless u have 24+ caster lvls. Not to mention that with the update the Gondor Sorcs open with Disjunction followed by Hellball. Trust me, laying on the ground for one round while the knights, pk, and Faramir beat on you is an adventure ending ordeal.

Though I do agree the Mordor archers with 72 ab or so can be a bit much. But if you really think about it all you need with the raiding party is a 80+ac caster (divine shield or pm lvls) that has warding. I have cleared the gates of both cities rather easily using a single sorc caster that spams ice storms and horrids at the archers. If you have good dc's and a ton of spells you can clear either one in a single rest.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 September 2008, 00:32 »

Bee Keepers Staff

In the hall of Beron Lord Of The bear folk The most honored position is The keeper of the Bees This mighty oaken staff is shod on both ends with the likeness of a honey bee efectivey making it a dire mac for combat  Its properties are a result of the bearfoks dedication to keeping their honeymead flowing and learning from the bees they tend.

Base item dire mace
 enchantment bonus +2
  damage bonus piercing  2d6
  On hit fear dc 18   50 % 2 rounds
 damage resistance piercing  15
 skill bonus animal empathy +10
 cast defaning clang  lvl 9  2x day

class restriction druid   

===============================================================

{ This is just a Idea for a dire mace of which there are very few in the mod right now..  It is also designed for a shape shifter with the pierce resist on the wep compensating for the loss of the shield slot, and the def clang giving a breif damage bump  I know its a stretch to think of a bee swarm as deafaningly loud but the wep needs more than the 2d6 pierce  and the almost useless fear to be a viable option.}

Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 October 2008, 04:35 »

This topic is about items. Post one or GTFO.  Evil

Exceptions: This post.
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 October 2008, 00:17 »

Items I would like to see-

Tested ones
Ones that dont get nerfed because they were too uber and didnt get tested.

Items I dont want to see drop-

Things that can be bought easily
(yeah I know you saw this one coming) belts of guiding light on bosses or hi lv npcs

How's that for on topic?
That's crap.
Doesn't tell me anything I don't already know and it is extraordinarily general.
If perhaps you defined in terms of nwn/DnD properties (i.e: +4 enhancement, +6 Armor Class, Bonus feat: Sneak attack, OnHit "This", keen, % Weight Reduction) I might be able to understand and your post wouldn't get deleted.

Example of how I would have liked to have seen this post:

I'd like to see items that don't get nerfed because they were too uber and didn't get tested or thought through.

Some properties that should never be on a weapon are: 3 types of elemental damage; +1 enhancement bonus intended to make the weapon weaker without realizing that any caster or player with UMD can make it +5; combining non-elemental damage types with other non-elemental types; damage resistances.
Some properties that should never be on armor: over +5 Armor bonus on heavy armors and +6 on medium and light, more than 1 type of damage resistance or immunity, more than 10% immunity, immunity to death magic.
Properties that should never be or limited on items: Infinite casts of 9th level spells (via onHit or use/day), damage resistances at or above 15/-.

For example:
Anglachel (Gurthang)
According to The Anglachel (Iron of the Flaming Star in Sindarin) is one of the two swords forged by Eöl the Dark Elf out of a black iron meteorite. It is both a gift and a curse from the dew of Telperion, and it is said to be able to cleave any iron from within the earth.
Anglachel has a will of its own and spoke once to Túrin.

I figure this is a pretty powerful weapon, I mean, it was tied to a great prophecy, forged from a meteor, and slayed a lot of powerful beings. It's also quite evil; so here's about as "uber" as I would make it.
Longsword
Attack Bonus +5
Vampiric Regeneration +5
Damage Bonus 2d10
Negative Damage Bonus 2d4

Adamantine Orcish Ring-mail
In the dark pits of Morgul is found the blackest metal that is raised in the form of Barad Dur. From this substance have the orcs made this mail for their most fell commanders. The blood of many battles crusts in its links and often flakes off when the wearer marches.
Chainmail
Armor Bonus +6
Regeneration +3
Damage Resistance Slashing 10/-
Skill Bonus: Intimidate +10

That's more like what I want to see, admittedly I typed way too much, and I certainly don't expect everything to be like that, but it is more specific and gives examples of what one might mean. Do that at least please.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to: