Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 19:53

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Items
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Items  (Read 26793 times)
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 23 July 2009, 17:07 »

If you make the one ring surely it should have hips +30 Hide and +30 MS and if possible undetectable by TS only usable by good, if evil gets a hold of it returning it to the baradur would bring 9 random black riders laying waste to any Gondor they pass throughout the land  Evil

Haha brilliant.  laugh Evil

All's fair in Improved Invisibility and killing.
juablo

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 17 August 2009, 02:37 »

On BoW they have that dwarven smith that lets you add enchantments bounuses etc to items for gold maybe you could try somthing like that but limiting the amount of enchantments bouneses etc and paying for them with gold and xp.  With the item you make also make it so that item cannot leave inventory unless sold or trashed.

I would also think it would be nice to see more done with two handed weapons double bladed sword , dire mace etc its pretty difficult buidling a toon that uses somthing like this but cannot carry a shield because of the lack in AC maybe put AC modifiers on two handed weapons to make up for lack of shield use ?
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 17 August 2009, 06:56 »

For double weapons look at the class change sign in the pocket under Weapon Master.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 17 August 2009, 20:22 »

Adding up to +5 Deflect ac for weapon masters using double weapons is pointless at best. I think just about every toon I have ever made is wearing at least 2-3 items with 5 deflect ac on them already..
Khaine
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 17 August 2009, 21:33 »

Don't suppose it's possible to change it to shield ac? And also apply to dual wielding weapon masters. Would possibly make it worth making a dual wielding WM.

It's not paranoia if someone's out to get you!
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18 August 2009, 04:10 »

Yes I know it's pointless but I got around it.  It actually calculates your highest deflection bonus from items then adds the WM bonus to that.  So it's more like +11.  I should clarify that on the sign.  It's nothing uber but something.  My original intention was to add +2 deflection simply for equipping a double weapons/quarterstaff for any class then have WM bonuses from there.  I think I'll do that again.
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 18 August 2009, 10:01 »

I apologise if this has been mentioned before in this post but its VERY long  Cheesy

Can we get some keen gloves for monks please 18-20 wouldnt be over balanced but would help a bit to kick up the poor damage Grin
Khaine
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 18 August 2009, 12:21 »

So no deflection bonus for dual wielding WMs? From what I understand, right now it only works for dual-weapons (dual-sword/axe etc, not handaxe x2, scimitar x2 etc).
I don't see any logical reason why a WM with a dual-weapon would be better at deflecting attacks than a dual wielding WM would.

It's not paranoia if someone's out to get you!
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 18 August 2009, 14:55 »

Think about it - dual weapons (two bladers etc) are connected by a shaft. That shaft can be used to block, as well as the blade (except this won't work for lightsabers, as Darth Maul found out to his cost), whereas with 2 single weapons only the two blades can be used to block incoming attacks. You have greater flexibility with two weapons though, so I suppose it should balance out...

Yes, I just changed my opinion during a post an nullified my own argument. Problem with that?

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 19 August 2009, 02:55 »

I apologise if this has been mentioned before in this post but its VERY long  Cheesy

Can we get some keen gloves for monks please 18-20 wouldnt be over balanced but would help a bit to kick up the poor damage Grin
No such thing as "keen" on monk gloves. Not possible, not gonna happen. You're stuck with 19-20x2 unless you go with kamas.
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 19 August 2009, 10:06 »

Thanks for replying Rade. Damn shame... but i suppose with 7 hits a round ive a decent chance of a couple of crits  Smiley
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 20 August 2009, 03:31 »

Individually dual wielded weapons still have the distinct advantage over double weapons of being able to swap to one weapon and a shield when necessary. 

I originally tried to make the WM double weapon bonus a shield bonus but at the time I had a helluva time making that work.  I do not recall the details but for whatever reasons I ran into then, I just couldn't do it.  It had me frustrated for a while until I figured out a kink that was preventing my function that calculates the total deflection AC from compiling.
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 25 August 2009, 01:58 »

Hm... I remember seeing unique items up somewhere, but couldn't find it. I got bored and did some research on Minas Tirith and came across this site:

http://www.tuckborough.net/

It has a TON of information on everything LOTR. You name it, it has it. But, since this is on the topic of items, look through what it has there, there is lots of interesting stuff.

Noruas, I finally see where all of your characters names come from!
« Last Edit: 25 August 2009, 02:21 by nwnolan » Logged

All's fair in Improved Invisibility and killing.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 20 April 2010, 20:38 »

This is coming from my armory thread which was made to point out how under-represented some weapons are at high levels. Sure there are +5 enhancement EVERYTHINGS available in shops, but that doesn't mean that those weapons are necessarily any good, since they have no damage bonus. There will be all +5 items, and most (if not all) will be keen, in an attempt to make at least one powerful weapon for some of the under-used weapon types. Even if no one uses them, the option is there.
Bear in mind I don't know what the limits are on weapons, so I have no idea if some of these are even possible to make.

Battleaxe
Greater Axe of the Rager
Created for the barbarian [Insert famous barbarian here] by a magical smith, this axe was passed down upon his death - eventually reaching [neutral aligned boss somewhere in the mod]. It is said that the smith imbued this battleaxe with the power to numb the wounded area of the enemy's body, making it harder for them to fight.
Abilities:
+5 enhancement, Cold damage 1d8, Elec damage 1d8, keen, only usable by barbarian, On hit Freeze DC ~28 25% - make a fort save of about 28 (if DCs can be changed) or be slowed for 1d3 rounds

The DC should be fairly high (I just guesstimated 28), that anyone without immunity to movement speed decrease will fail quite a lot and be slowed down. This will probably only really have much effect on NPCs, since freedom is a staple on most toons' armour.

Handaxe
Hunter's handaxe
Originally designed as a magical aid to hunters who wished to store their kills more easily, this axe can manipulate the surrounding temperature according to the will of the wielder, to freeze or burn anything touched by the blade. This feature makes this axe a potent weapon, as it can inflict severe damage from only a light graze.
Enhancement +5, keen, cold 1d8, fire 1d8, damage bonus vs animals +1d6

Give it to Scavvy, or possibly various groups of hunters (eg, someone in the haradrim, possibly a gondor scout, you think of some...).

Storm handaxe
A miniature version of the Storm Axe held by the defenders of Barad Dur, this axe was developed by Gondor to serve as a cheap offhand weapon for their ground troops, while retaining some of the qualities which make the Barad Dur Storm Axe such a powerful weapon.
+5, keen, elec 1d6, sonic 1d6, massive crit 1d8

Give it to a Gondor-aligned NPC, as the BD storm axe is only droppable by Mordor-aligned NPCs. Probably something either in the city or in one of the major Gondor areas, like Edoras, or somewhere similar.

Dwarven Waraxe
Dain's waraxe
Dain Ironfoot became King Under the Mountain after Thorin Oakenshield's death in the Battle of Five Armies. When an army of Easterlings attacked the Lonely Mountain and the city of Dale, Dain allied with King Brand of Dale and fought valiantly for three days. When King Brand was killed, Dain stood over his body and continued to fight with this axe until he too was struck down. It is said that his spirit lives on in this axe, allowing the wielder to surpass their own physical limits and fight beyond their normal ability.
+5, keen, positive damage 1d12, battletide 2 uses per day, war cry 2 uses per day, haste 2 uses per day.

Held by a strong dwarf NPC (eg, Thorin Stonehelm - the subsequent King, if he exists ingame), preferably neutral factioned at the Lonely Mountain (I'm assuming it's neutral, I've never been).

Light hammer
Miner's hammer
This hammer - taken from the corpse of an unknown miner who worked in Moria - appears to contain the vengeful essence of its deceased owner. Orcs who wielded it have reported hearing the sounds of battle and warfare coming from empty tunnels.

+5, keen, negative energy damage 1d6, sonic damage 1d8.
Give it to an orc somewhere in the mines, possibly somewhere around Azog, but possibly in one of the harder tunnels.

Crafter's hammer
After Smaug was defeated at the lonely mountain, Dain Ironfoot became King under the Mountain, and the kingdom was rebuilt. Many fine weapons were created during this time, and this magical hammer is one of the few surviving tools of the time. Despite being a tool used for metalwork, it has absorbed some of the characteristics of the weapons it was once used to make, and is now more powerful than the swords and axes it once created.

+5, keen, fire 1d8 damage, hammer of the gods one use per day, flame weapon one use per day, deafening clang one use per day.
[Other possible skill boosts - craft weapon +20, craft armour +20]

Spear
Caustic Spear
With a shaft containing strong acid, and holes in the spear tip, these weapons are designed to cause severe chemical burns upon contact with an enemy. Though a powerful weapon, intact versions of these spears are now a rarity - most lie broken on the battlefields of Middle-Earth. These spears are seen as a trophy by Mordor, showing the owner is a powerful fighter, as they are held by some of the best warriors in Gondor and will not be relinquished easily.
+5, keen, +2 cha, +2 str, damage bonus 1d10 acid, 1d10 fire [acid being the dominant visual effect]

Dropped by some NPCs close to high level bosses of both Mordor and Gondor, possibly place one or two of the stronger NPCs each faction currently possesses in any faction-controlled area, and modify them to use spears instead of (or as well as) their current weapon.

That's all I can be bothered doing at the moment...feel free to suggest modifications.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2010, 20:42 by NLawson » Logged

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07 May 2010, 19:08 »

Staff of the Arch Druid.

quarter staff +1 enchantment on hit lesser spell breach damage bonus 2d6 bludge.
  once per day cast natures ballance
  once per day cast Aura of vitality
 druid only

Twisted by the palintir stone of Dolamroch and warped by dark visions of nature under the rule of sauron. and scryings ever directed twards scenes of men hunting and dwarves felling forests to feed their forge fires, The archdruid Kell fell from grace.
  Once a student of the wise Rhadgast the Brown. Kell now seeks to twist nature to meet his delusions of "perfection" as he teaches his own students,

Long has the rule of man subjugated the beasts of the feild. And The greed of man knows no end point. Those beasts not forced into servitude are killed. not merely for meat or hides But for Sport! let us then restore true balance by perfecting the beasts and making them the rulers of middle earth. as it was in the dawn of the first age before the blight of the "free peoples" spread across the one forest like a plauge of locusts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This wepon should be lvl 21 and umdable  the game point is to have a buff item available  for those two buffs and a decent optional wepon for shifters and dragons...the on hit breach would be nice vs damage sheilds especialy  on a shifter or dragon., and its a cooler find than a ent finger.  It would boost kells power a little to have on hit breach aswell.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2010, 19:21 by Endlessorrow » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to: