Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 00:45

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Areas
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Areas  (Read 10638 times)
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 October 2008, 00:42 »

See, I thought it was, but I was looking on HazMatt's map and I couldn't see it.
Has it just been added since that map was updated or something?
klixon
Poster

ooooh... shiney things!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 October 2008, 01:04 »

Last update on the map was april 2007, so it might be added after that. I can also imagine that not all areas were marked on the map (where's the fun when there are no surprises ;) )

Sorry for going off-topic  Roll Eyes

Anything can be interpreted to mean anything.
Especially since it's the same word.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 October 2008, 07:51 »

The original entrance to the Misty Mountains was more appropriately placed when it was first introduced.  The problem was that the areas were for lower levels and having to travel far through harder territory to get there made it not work out that well so it got moved much closer.  With a little imagination you can see how it fits there.

Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 October 2008, 18:05 »

I would like to see some consolidation. Taking 30 minutes to cross ME is tedious. For instance- heading north to the abandoned outpost or going to the dead marshes... Almost no NPCs there... BORING. And pointless. The river areas should be deleted. Too many Harad areas. Too many misty mountain areas and takes too long to get to Moria. Too many moria areas. The server is getting HUGE. The number of areas vs the quality of those areas. there are many zones that can just be deleted. and if they are there for accuracy (fiords of Isen) shrink em down to a 4x4 so travel is shortened. There isnt much to fight there so its a pass thru area.

IE Gondor heading for the tower of orthanac- Gate/PF/druadan/anorien east/anorien west/east emnet south/ east emnet north/ forget the name of the zone north of Edoras/west emnet/fiords of isen/ gap of rohan/ isengard gate/ southern isengard/ tower /

druadan- nearly no one levels there- could be shrunk down, same with East Anorien, east emnet (unless some more spawns were placed there) westemnet, the Gap of Rohan (which is a pass thru not a battle ground) and southern Isengard. Most of these could be half the size they are or less . 

Moria- the afore mentioned areas to weast anorien and then... 5 zones to get to hollins gate that are filled with giants or ogre mages the whole way. Nothing that drops there is useful til you get to bosses or go uppper moria. could be shrunk and/or more variety of NPCs. And hollins gate itself could be smaller.

I know this sounds like Im being degrading. Im not- No insults or slaps implied or intended. Just easier to write matter-of-factly than to spare feelings.

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 October 2008, 20:24 »

While I agree the server is getting quite massive and traveling across it is time consuming and annoying at times.
But keeping in mind, Middle Earth is a large world in itself. I mean, the journey from Minas Tirith to the gates of Minas Morgul took like, three days in the story, I think. I actually like the close relationship to the actual map of Middle Earth that GvM keeps.

With the addition of horses now (regardless of any dissent on messed up stat bonuses) traveling across the server should become quicker and allow for expansion of areas.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to: