Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 05:44

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)˛.

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  A Server Wipe
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: A Server Wipe  (Read 22010 times)
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 20 October 2008, 14:19 »

Can't disagree with that at all.
Rabbac
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Och aye, bonnie Scotland

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 20 October 2008, 16:10 »

Grooth old bud, good to see your still stirring the pot  Evil, i can vouch that everything he has said is true, but whether it still is with the present staff i dont really know alot of the old school tie brigrade have moved on (or logg in at a different time from me), but i wouldnt be suprised if half the server didnt still have that kit on thier toons though.. didnt bother me much then or now but i would like to see that statement..  Grin

And no i dont expect there to be a vote..  Roll Eyes

Good to see you Groothy..  Smiley

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 20 October 2008, 19:55 »

For casual forum discussion I'd say the word police are operating in the nitpicky, shady fringes of their jurisdiction. 

in·dict·ment      /ɪnˈdaɪtmənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-dahyt-muhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an act of indicting. 
2. Law. a formal accusation initiating a criminal case, presented by a grand jury and usually required for felonies and other serious crimes. 
3. any charge, accusation, serious criticism, or cause for blame. 
4. the state of being indicted. 

*insert cheesiest smile possible here* wink

Without lengthy detail I have not seen inventories full of stuff that make me wonder where all the stuff came from.  I'm not overly nosy so maybe I miss things.
Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22 October 2008, 16:59 »

Signed Statement or not.

That doesnt make a difference whether the server will die.  How many new players on the server lately that are willing to come back after putting in a week, month, a couple months, just to find the server has trashed what they started. The only people that would be willing to stick around are those Vets that WANT the wipe. Then theres those that wouldn't be too happy about losing years of hard times, and annoying farming for nothing.

I think of it like Building a car. You buy one from the wrecker, Its old and a piece of sh*t, you put all your hard earned time, money and Sweat and tears into it, to make it the Most bueatiful show car around and then after all that. someone Steals it from your Garage. Your gonna be pissed, and want to move to a NEW neighbourhood.

I like the Idea of a Wipe myself to some degree. I love the idea of a Balanced playing field, but to be honest, the only way your truely going to get that anyway is if all items are available to all players via store or whatever. Before long this arguement will be right back here if the server were to actually survive whether it be by DM gift giving, or Players earning it.  It will always be unbalanced cause the Vets taht Play here know exactly what to do to get what they need to get and to do it in record time. Some newb to the server would be sitting in North Ithelien at level 15 cause he can't get anywhere else yet and your level 30 that was level 18 yesterday would be on his way to drow to rape them for items.

So to me it doesn't much matter. All I know is If it happens it will have been 2 Cars I've had stolen from my Garage and for me, thats a lot of Blood sweat and tears that I don't have the Luxury of spending anymore.  Perhaps I'll have to start making Purely store bought toons if i still have a desire to login to the 5 players that will be active.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22 October 2008, 17:09 »

Well- the wipe needs to happen soon- no one wants to put forth the effort of getting items if they're just gonna lose them anyway. Over the course of the last 2 weeks, I have rarely seen more than 10 people on. Most of the time its 5 or 6. An Im here every weekday from 10am to 4 or 5pm. Either do it or dont but do it soon or there wont be anyone left to do it to/for.

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22 October 2008, 17:39 »

Well- the wipe needs to happen soon- no one wants to put forth the effort of getting items if they're just gonna lose them anyway. Over the course of the last 2 weeks, I have rarely seen more than 10 people on. Most of the time its 5 or 6. An Im here every weekday from 10am to 4 or 5pm. Either do it or dont but do it soon or there wont be anyone left to do it to/for.

Thanks you for helping me to make my point.
{AR}SkeeJ2
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22 October 2008, 20:31 »

You are 100% right about the part were this conversation is going to start again, because people who want to be the best will be the best... Plain and Simple.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Stephen Hawking
Rabbac
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Och aye, bonnie Scotland

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 23 October 2008, 11:28 »

Agreed, GvM is begining to look like a ghost town.. and i find my self reluctant to go on just because a) there are so few on and b) whats the point in looking for drops?!

It seems that after rescuing the server from almost certain extinction talk of wiping it has pretty much killed it anyway.. i see that gvm is way down the list of servers now.. 6 people on most of last night this wipe nonsense has caused enough uncertainty..My vote is keep things as they are as its the only way to retain the numbers and i couldnt give a monkey about balance etc because even with a wipe it wouldnt make much differrence..

This better be decided one way or another soon or it will be a moot point as the only people playing will be the admin staff!!!  Cry

Common Turril, Olle give us a clue to whats happening please

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23 October 2008, 19:18 »

Seriously a server wipe is pointless.  Many have died to A La Carte Jack who (was) my purely purchsed items toon.  Building has always been the bigger factor in making a good toon.  If a DM happens to see an item that should exsist just tell the player your are removing it.  Simple.  But honestly I really don't care anymore I very rarely play any more because of the changes that have been put in place now.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24 October 2008, 16:23 »

But honestly I really don't care anymore I very rarely play any more because of the changes that have been put in place now.

List what changes you mean- The dev team cant help without you stating what you're talking about.

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 27 October 2008, 04:30 »

I'm gonna stop this paranoia here, there's nothing very purposeful that can be expressed any further. If you have a serious idea that is important to the discussion, send me a PM detailing it.

As far as the current situation goes: expect no wipe. There's obviously enough opposition. Continue doing as you do, it's a game anyways - you don't stand to lose anything but fun if you refuse to play.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to: