Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18 April 2024, 06:08

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Instantaneous haste
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Instantaneous haste  (Read 2371 times)
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« on: 08 September 2008, 08:15 »

This was brought up in the Future Talk Fighter thread and I thought I'd explain it here

Quote from: pinkpuff on 05 September 2008, 03:40
... instantaneous 15 round haste 3/day. By instantaneous I mean there is no item use and it takes 0 time, can even use it while shifted.

Abimael asked:  I didn't quite understood this one. Do you mean you don't have to equip it or that it has unlimited uses /day?

One of the options added in the 1.69 update that is these things called Player Tools or DM Tools.  There are 10 of each available and they can be added as item properties then scripted to do stuff.  Bioware definitely gets a pat on the back for this.

I had asked once about a way to make it so items could cast haste that is more than 10 rounds.  Ollebroc mentioned there was at least something in that realm to be done and came up with what looks like some boots that do this.  The cool part is you can use the ability while shifted or whenever.  It allows it to be used without taking any time during your turn.  As in, it doesn't require an action at all, just click and the effect is applied instantaneously up to 3x/day.

They are good and the intention is to address a concern.  That is, the melee classes that do not easily get reliably long haste struggle.  This is not a perma-haste server.  That decision was made a long time ago and I can see the pros and cons to keeping that way.  That said, I still sympathize with the gap haste creates for non-caster classes and how some builds just aren't quite viable without better haste options.
Whisper
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2008, 16:25 »

I say keep it as is, it creates "Party play".

I like to sing songs that are sad or angry, this gives me attention and helps me to perpetuate my crappy feelings.

Boo Hoo, look at me, Emo frog.

P.S. please pay attention to me
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2008, 17:05 »

I say keep it as is, it creates "Party play".

BS- Come up with a better excuse. Party play doesnt happen because some one doesnt have haste or extended haste. It happens because monsters or areas are too tough to solo, you are a social person or an event occurs. Period.

I dont see any reason other than keeping the caster one more step above. Permahaste should be revisited.

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2008, 17:54 »

Revisit Perma-Haste all ya want, it'll never, Evvveeeer happen.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2008, 18:47 »

I agree with Grooth that things should remain as they are.  With the addition of horses, movement is hardly a problem anymore.  And as far as perma-haste?  Bahahahaha.  Good one, Kermit.

But seriously, perma-haste opens up a whole new can of worms.  Everything would have to be reworked because of the variables permanent haste throws into the mix.  A permanent, non-dispel-able 4 dodge AC?  Like I said, good one Kermit

Mernok
Tester
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2008, 06:47 »

This is one I have to agree with Olle on.. Even though perma haste sounds like a good idea to me for some of my chars.. the thought of having a level 40 monk running around with haste is not appeasing at all : /
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2008, 07:10 »

This wasn't meant to be a bid for perma-haste.  Sorry didn't mean to be unclear.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: