Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 09:49

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)˛.

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Ballance? Another Mords have it easier thread
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ballance? Another Mords have it easier thread  (Read 16466 times)
HazMatt
Poster

Plays: Against monsters

Turn on your geiger counter...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 04 October 2008, 01:53 »

When I spell ballance MY spell check catches it.  Maybe you learned the word in your dictionary Kermit.

Haven't played in ages…
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 October 2008, 16:13 »

Nah, his spell-check has just molded itself to his brain.  That or it has just stopped trying.

tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 October 2008, 14:06 »

I just solo-ed MT with a Sorc PM, from bashing gate to Aragorn..
Don't think it's possible to do that for WK, but going through should be ok for MM.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 October 2008, 15:25 »

I just solo-ed MT with a Sorc PM, from bashing gate to Aragorn..
Don't think it's possible to do that for WK, but going through should be ok for MM.

Thank you thank you thank you.

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 October 2008, 19:50 »

You killed Aragorn? 
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29 October 2008, 20:18 »

sure did, didn't drop anything though..
Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 October 2008, 04:07 »

So Kermit...

Have you actually READ the book?  You know..... Lord of the Rings...  Hell even if you only watched the movie you you would know that Minas Morgul was NOT POSSIBLE to sack. The shear number of Orcs, Goblins, Cave Trolls, The Nazgul, The Witchking (which technically shouldn't even be killable by a male character.), and everything else that was there made it impossible. If you would recall, they sent Every fighter and warrior they had to the Black gate all knowing full well they would die that day and that Evil would triumph, all in an attempt to keep Saurons eye off Frodo in the hope that he could destroy the ring and save the world of men. 

That said.

Mordor should be harder anyway, but in actuality, Minas Morgul is easier as Pinkpuff has mentioned. I've been heading to the Morgul bridge the last few times I was on with a 30th level AA with no UMD and I can kill the archers, wizards, bowmen goblins blah blah, but the Elites I obviously can't tank. I wouldn't step foot in the great gate with anything but a 39-40th and even then, to solo it all the way to Aragorn with anything other then a few KEY builds is near impossible. Your Also forgetting that the Marksmen have on hit dispel arrows that I for 1 find extremely annoying.

As far as x roads and PF goes, I have always been disappointed at how easy they are to invade. My personal thoughts are the city's should be the hardest areas on the server, then x roads and PF, then I'd make Osgiliath for mid to high 20's PVP and PVM and leave everything else as background for PvM. Hell I'd even set up the Os east and west as troublesome to lower levels leaving them the option to going around thru the Northern ithilien/Corrupted forest to the outpost to get to the other side if they are too weak to cross Osgiliath as it should be. Its was a KEY strategic area that was well guarded, not the pathetic excuse it is now.

And Marcus, I know I didn't spell Ithilien right, but I cant recall its correct spelling so SHUSH!
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 October 2008, 04:52 »

MT is especially easy now that the HA effect on the guard swords is pretty weak.

MM has some of the most pumped up weakling guards there are.  Mordor Palemasters and Blackguards you can easily beat with a pretty good lvl21 char.  Ogre Lieutenants and Crossbowmen you can ignore.  It's all about the Marksmen and Elites and dealing with both outside of being crit immune I think is pretty tough.

WK is nuts.  I've been to him numerous times with a group and we couldn't get enough damage or hits together to essentially do anything.  Aragorn has shown he can mow players down much faster but with any sort of group you can turn him into a fine red mist in like 3 rounds.

I hear your cries about the cities.  I'm pushing to get them at the top of the priority list.  The NPCs need rebuilding and reequiping.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 October 2008, 15:29 »

Thank you Tor.

Zev- That the story- this is a game. In the story a midget ends the war by dropping a ring into a volcano. And it was the only shot they had. Both sides of a game should have an equal shot. So In order to beat the WK in the game... halflings or gnomes would have to drop a ring into Mount Doom. Wait... there is no Mt Doom in GvM. Roll Eyes

Poster

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 October 2008, 16:04 »

Zev- That the story- this is a game. In the story a midget ends the war by dropping a ring into a volcano. And it was the only shot they had. Both sides of a game should have an equal shot. So In order to beat the WK in the game... halflings or gnomes would have to drop a ring into Mount Doom. Wait... there is no Mt Doom in GvM.

Yes this is a game... A NWN server BASED on the LOTR.

To be perfectly honest both sides do not need an equal shot since thats the way it HAS been from the servers creation.

And Further Halflings and gnomes would not need to drop a ring into a volcano to beat the Witchking. He was killed by a FEMALE on the battlefield. 

Said it before, I'll say it again. Before you make up a topic or start posting about every such thing this or that, perhaps you should learn the facts.

Its hard to listen and learn when your too busy talking.
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 October 2008, 16:17 »

lol  Cheesy

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 October 2008, 18:30 »

There is a word that that describes perfectly what is the lotr world. I think it is called "maniqueism", I'm not sure, but it means that evil will always be a lot stronger than good but, in the end, they will win.
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 October 2008, 20:49 »

There is a word that that describes perfectly what is the lotr world. I think it is called "maniqueism", I'm not sure, but it means that evil will always be a lot stronger than good but, in the end, they will win.

Very nice man... I had never heard of the word so I googled it myself and found this. Wasn't the same word but clearly it must be what you were referring to. I like that... good find.

The "Manichaean" cosmogony has been described by Mircea Eliade in his A History of Religious Ideas:

In the beginning...the two "natures" or "substances", light and obscurity, good and evil, God and matter, coexisted, separated by a frontier. In the North reigned the Father of Greatness...in the South, the Prince of Darkness...the "disorderly motion" of matter drove the Prince of Darkness toward the upper frontier of his kingdom. Seeing the splendor of light, he is fired by the desire to conquer it. It is then that the Father decides that he will himself repulse the adversary. He...projects from himself, the Mother of Life, who...projects a new hypostasis, the Primordial Man...With his five sons, who are...his "soul" and "armor" made from five lights, the Primordial Man descends to the frontier. He challenges the darkness, but he is conquered, and his sons are devoured by the demons...This defeat marks the beginning of the cosmic "mixture", but at the same time it insures the final triumph of God. For obscurity (matter) now possesses a portion of light...and the Father, preparing its deliverance, at the same time arranges for his definitive victory against darkness.

etc etc etc. google it if you want more.
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 October 2008, 00:07 »

Uhm...   O_o

I think he just meant Evil will always overpower Good, yet Good will always find a way to miraculously overcome Evil, in turn saving the world/universe.

LoL.
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31 October 2008, 05:37 »

Who freaking cares about what city is easier to sack? Isn't this ridiculously huge server meant for PvP? *hears the cries* "I don't wanna PvP all the time."
Meatheadthered

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 January 2009, 08:49 »

I thought Pinkpuff was Kermit?
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 January 2009, 18:17 »

I thought Pinkpuff was Kermit?

ROTFLMAO!  Priceless!   Grin
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 January 2009, 19:07 »

WOW

I think if either of them saw this they might actually put aside their differences long enough to team up to string you up for implying such a crazy notion, Meathead

locmer
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05 January 2009, 10:55 »

Which is a frightening thought indeed  Grin

The biggest risk is not taking one.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05 January 2009, 17:00 »

ROTFLMAO!  Priceless!   Grin

Kermit= suck builds, lots of shouts, tons of posts

Pinky= Uber builds, rare shouts, rare posts

How the hell did you think we were the same person? Shocked

I think Im insulted- I know Pinky is. Grin

Rabbac
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Och aye, bonnie Scotland

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 06 January 2009, 10:14 »

Never a truer word spoken  Smiley

I think there are alll the same person, Kermit, Pinky, KK its just someone with multiple personalities  huh

Anyway, my 2 cents are that with a sorcerer pm (sorcerer/pm can do all but the witchking) and a dragon MM can be easily done mainly due to the lack of dispelling problems with MT. The witchking takes a little while but you can get him eventually. Like you are so fond of saying in party (when your trounced pvp) maybe YOUR builds just arent good enough or perhaps its just you. They are different problems for each city but i can only agree with Mistress's points Os should be harder and the fields and crossroads also.

Maybe we should have 7 circles around MT and a couple of thousand orcs at MM for more realism. I think the server is getting small enough, i'm almost running around in circles before realising that the places im going to issendor, city between the falls etc arent there!!

Mind you in saying that if pm/sorcerers get nerfed much more (shields, igms, summons etc) i dont think i could get into the goblins cave without help!! Some people wont be satisfied until were fighting with sticks, for balance purposes of course.  BangHead I think i might go back to monks.. at least they seem to be left alone.

GvM to my knowledge has never just been about PvP, I like to solo (due to time restrictions) and i also like to roam around and explore stuff, instead of making it much smaller cant we just have links across the land making it seem that way, with the new shouts (maybe should extend them to other places) its not too hard to find pvp if thats what your all about.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to: