Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 15:43

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Mod Updates (Historic)
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Mod Updates (Historic)  (Read 24086 times)
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 May 2010, 20:20 »

There was an update a couple days ago.  It fixed a number of outstanding issues:

-summons/familiars removed from Rivendell/Dale/Mirkwood Mtn NPCs.
-Total overall number of NPCs decreased slightly in Rivendell
-Stinger Lord now has a legal version of +7 ammy
-Lorien Tavern NPCs are now hostile to everyone
-Implosion should not bug out anymore
-Circle of Death should now use the correct DC
-Dale respawn rates for encounters and archers are longer
-NPCs do not do murderous amounts of damage with seeker arrow anymore
-Black Serpent Avatar respawns now.  Haradrim Elders and bosses are stronger.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 June 2010, 18:35 »

I've been informed that tenser's transformation is not working.  Sorry I broke it.  I just sent the fix off.

There was an update a couple days ago, we're still getting a few of the items for it in place.

Carry on.

edit
**this is fixed - 6-11-10**
« Last Edit: 11 June 2010, 20:27 by Terrorble » Logged
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 June 2010, 05:19 »

Minor spell bug fixes in with update from a couple days ago:

-battletide and circ against alignment should disappear when resting
-WM AC bonus should take into account bonuses from your weapon now
-rangers are now be included in greater magic fang calculations

-few other things that aren't very important
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 July 2010, 15:08 »

New areas (Temple of Doom) added....   Hint: need search to find...in Mordor faction areas  and need to be high lvl to live ( and probably not alone )   Shocked
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 July 2010, 00:32 »

The starting spot of the new areas (Temple of Doom) stuff ill be moved to a more nuetral area, like maybe the Weathertop.  Evil

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 07 August 2010, 06:51 »

I did some work with the Nine Dwarves Brewery/Big Boss quest.  Hopefully it works more like other assassination quests in the mod do.

Added a quest from MM.  Look for the Haradrim Ambassador.  I suspect I didn't do this right, so let me know if it works or doesn't work for you.

You can now access ALL the spell changes in the mod from the seal.  I'll probably add the class updates to it as well.  The magic book that listed previous spell updates will be removed as it is now obsolete.

Go visit the Rangers of Ithilien and see why the Haradrim complain about them endlessly.  Take some search items.

Thranduil has some old friends over checking out his tree house.
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 August 2010, 13:20 »

NEW items, areas and creatures in Temple of Doom areas
Red Raisin
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 August 2010, 14:56 »

Temple of Doom Updated:
- some new items
- removed Turn Living ability on general mobs in final map
- added some 'refuge'
- fixed a few unintentional map features noted on the test runs
- area still requires team work to win ... and maybe a few less heals ... maybe
Red Raisin
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 August 2010, 16:27 »

Rhovanion (levels 29-35)
Red Raisin
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 September 2010, 02:40 »

Spells updated.
New directions for new players given by the receptionist.
Rhovanion spawns fixed.
Temple of Doom tweaked.
New gear.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 September 2010, 05:39 »

These changes went in yesterday I think, but I haven't been able to update in-game signs.

1.  You should be releveled automatically if you level while shifting.  I think this will solve issues with characters becoming invalidated due to wrong number of skill points.
2.  Discplacement duration is now 1 turn per level
3.  Storm of Vengeance DC is fixed.  It wasn't showing me the enemy rolls in the combat log, but when I got hit by it, the DC was steady regardless of what spell I cast. 
4.  Vinemine camouflage - if it bugs on you, casting it again will work.  It will still bug sometimes, I can't seem to figure out exactly why.
5.  Blackstaff math error is fixed so that your focus feats will count.  I'm still looking into how to set this up to transfer over to shifted weapons.  As of right now, it only applies vulnerabilities from the original weapon it was cast on.
6.  Equiping a helmet will no longer clear your player skin properties for things such as WM AC bonus, PM vulnerabilities, keen sense, player tool3, etc...
7.  I did something else to the player skin you probably won't notice, but if it works, it shouldn't unequip into your inventory
8.  Terrifying/thundering rage used to grant a bonus attack.  Now you have to have 20 barbarian levels to get the attack.  I realize this affects many of our overpowered characters.  (+2 attacks from greater rage, +1 from mighty rage, +1 from thunder/terrifying if you're over level20).  Your hasted barbarian with 8 attacks with only 15 barb levels will actually have to settle for the uber benefits of thundering or terrifying rage unless they give the class a bit more dedication.
*tenser barbarian builds not getting tenser bonus attack
*Inspire courage damage increase with level
*Serpent bosses respawn
*Bard widget (bonus to perform for levels past 20)
*Oliphaunt spear: change to non-CEP weapon
*Arrow quivers
*Invis purge to not make friendlies go hostile
*Lightning bolt
*Paladin: lay on hands
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 October 2010, 19:31 »

The Fighter Essence does work with unarmed shifted shapes.  It worked well as a dragon, iron golem, helmed horror, risen, spectre, the slaad fist with OnHit breach didn't work, but the other fist did.  The vampire level drain bite did not work, but the claws do.  It worked for the azer, kobold, lizardman, diretiger, gargoyle, manticor, and minotaur.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 November 2010, 23:51 »

Phase 2 of a new Spawner System has will be added to almost half of the areas on the next update. Our goal was to relieve some of the stress on the server with thousands of Delay Commands,Variables, and other Timers.
It does make many areas harder, which wasn't our goal (maybe subconsciencely). Adjustments will need to be made before we add this spawner to the rest of the mod.

Which areas? You'll know when your  cussing .

Let us know of any weirdities.

Die Well!!!!!   happy1

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 February 2011, 21:00 »

The city of Ethring was added today.  Feel free to explore it as a Mordor or Gondor.  I believe you will enjoy the zone. 

A new quest for Gonds has been added.  Enjoy!

The arrow crash should be fixed.  Thank Terror for figuring out how to fix it.  I just did the testing.  If you still crash because of arrow deaths, PM me or Terror.

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 14 March 2011, 02:43 »

Lonely Mountain quest is in today.  Hope I have all the parts working.  Let me know.

Fear cuts to the hearts of the people of Dale and the dwarves of the Halls of Erebor in Lonely Mountain - as reports of a large army dispatched from the Morannon to assault Dale hit them like an icy north wind.  Too much has befallen the peoples here.  Centuries before, Dain I was slain by a cold-drake on the slopes of the Grey Mountains to the north.  Dragons multiplied and harrassed the dwarves there.  Smaug came to Erebor and burned everything around, drove the dwarves from their home, and settled in.  Later, Bilbo and Thorin and others came to reclaim Erebor from Smaug, but despite Smaug's death, Laketown and Dale were again burned, but that wasn't all.      
  Bilbo and company had kindled the flame of revenge that the Misty Mountain orcs had nursed for years since their last confrontation with dwarves.  Shortly following the victory over Smaug, orcs, wargs and bats poured out of the mountains to even the score with the men and dwarves.  The Battle of Five Armies lead incurred heavy casualties on both sides including: Thorin and his nephews Fili and Kili died attacking the leader, Bolg, father of Azog.  In the end, the orcs suffered another destructive loss.
  Was this to be the final chapter of the men in Dale and the dwarves who had travelled from Moria so long ago to forge new homes in the Grey Mountains, Iron Hills and Lonely Mountain?  Would Thranduil's elves and the eagiles join with them to gain victory as they had before?  As it turns out, hope comes at unexpected times.
  The Arkenstone was a large gem that Smaug had among his horde.  Bilbo handled it at one point, and it was laid on the chest of Thorin Oakenshield at his burial.  A sorceror from Dale thought that within the stone was a great magical force that could be somehow used as a ward against the approaching Easterlings of Sauron's army.  He told this to King Dain II Ironfoot who allowed him to experiment with the stone.  What they found was not a great defensive force, but something quite surprising.  When focusing its energy on the hammer wielded by the late Thorin Oakenshield, he appeared holding it.  They had brought back Thorin Oakenshield who had died many years earlier!  The stone had the ability to call those to whom artifacts belonged.
  In the wake of this revelation, many artifacts of past dwarven heroes were retrieved, and the power of the Arkenstone was used to bring back those warriors as well.  The ranks of the dwarven army swelled and suddenly, the tides of war shifted in their favor.  Sauron's forces would not overrun Dale, but be obliterated.  Hopes in the Halls of Erebor were beaming and the good news swept down the mountain to Dale with the wind.  It didn't last however, miners in Lonely Mountain made a horrific discovery.  The ghost of Smaug was somehow lurking in a dark, smelly cave.  And he was as powerful as ever, but confined too the cave.  Few miners escaped alive, and when they did, King Dain ordered a wall built in front of the passage leading to the cave.
  Uneasy, but feeling still in control, the dwarves set out to collapse the cave on Smaug.  Before that order was carried out, it was discovered that not only Smaug's ghost, but other monsters and enemies from the past had returned as well.  It was true that many of the items belonging to the dwarves who were called back belonged to them, but many were spoils and also had other owners or parts were not theirs at all:  within Thorin's hammer was a gem of Smaugs, within King Dain I's armor was a tooth from the cold-drake that slew him and Fror, among Fili and Kili's belongings was something that belonged to the orc leader Bolg and so on.  Not only were these dwarven heroes returned, so were their enemies in mortality.
  To add to the awful state of affairs, the power of the Arkenstone became tainted and those brought back became corrupted.  King Dain I, Fili, Kili, Thorin Oakenshield, Fror, etc all deteriorated into undead monsters.  Bolg, orcs and bats along with zombified dwarves wandered the Halls and the dwarves were forced to flee to Dale for refuge.
  Bard and his son and grandson, Bain and Brand, consult with Dain II Ironfoot about what they will do.  To flee Dale means the loss of many young, old, and weak.  To stand and fight is certain destruction, and there is not other option.  They are resigned to stay and defend Dale, but fear their doom is upon them.  In what form will hope be found?
« Last Edit: 14 March 2011, 07:11 by Terrorble » Logged
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 May 2011, 07:06 »

I think most of you are aware, I've made a few updates this past week and I thought I'd elaborate a bit more on them.

Ranger and rogue dual-wielding saw 2 things: 
    **epic skill focus parry was only granting bonus AC for dual-wielding, but not for double weapons, or vice versa.  It does now. 
    **Now, to get the +2 bonus for dual-wielding separate weapons, they must be equipped by use of a quickslot.  If you equip them one at a time, you'll only see +1ab.  Best I can do.

Entangle spell:  I've gone over this spell script a number of times to figure out whey it doesn't consistently fire every round like the other AoE spells, and I finally got it.  The game doesn't have an OnEnter script for it, even tho it specifies one in the .2da  Once I made the script to fill in the gap (even thought the script doesn't do anything), the spell started working correctly.  It can be quite effective if you can get the DC up, which rangers can do by having points in set trap.

Improvements to camouflage and blade thirst.

I was notified that Terramancers and Arwen were only giving one roll for a drop when defeated.  This happens with NPCs that shift (e.g. Beorn).  Their gear is morphed and then when they die, it isn't rolled for.  I solved this somewhat by having them equip a set of undroppable gear, and having a second set of identical gear in their inventory to drop.  Hope that helps.

Cirith Ungol has 4 new boss types with at least 1 unique item, and all the NPCs have been revamped.  The difficulty is similar to that of Edoras.

Casting level:
I am very excited about this change.  You'll see "CastLevel" show up in your attack log when you cast a spell or use an item.  Now PM/RDD and shifter levels can be incorporated easily into the level of spells for purposes of damage, duration, and SR checks.  Recall before that anything with 20SR could stop most of your spells if you were a leve30PM, or your Rakshassa ice storms were easily resisted.  Now, it's not the case.  You'll also see what you rolled vs. their SR.

I am posting in the general forum for some help with this.
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05 December 2012, 16:11 »

i did upload terrors fix for the shifter lvl bug thingy, whatever it was..hopefully it is working properly Cheesy
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06 December 2012, 18:38 »

Thanks for putting that in.

I was informed of a 2monk/9druid/28shifter that was getting a caster level of 2 for all of its shifter spells.  The game is using the monk levels as the casting level, of course.

For normal shifter abilities, it should use your shifter level as the casting level.  This update just adds the shifter level to the monk levels it was already using, which is close to what it should be.

If you think you should be getting 9druid leves + 28shifter levels = 37 for your ice storms, I think you have to memorize ice storm as a druid, drag it from your book to a quickslot, then use that when shifted as Rakshassa.  Otherwise, if you cast ice storm from the radial menu, the game thinks you are only using it as a shifter ability, and will only use shifter levels.

I hope it's working too.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to: