Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 00:12

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Mod Updates (Historic)
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Mod Updates (Historic)  (Read 24077 times)
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« on: 30 September 2008, 18:56 »

Here are the latest updates.

30 Sept 08
  • Assassin's add half there levels to the duration of Poison Weapon
  • Terrorble's Shifter builds added(Still needs adjusting)
  • Terrorble's Holy Sword spell(pally levels added to the dispel)
  • Monk Set items(need all the items for them to work)

1Oct08
  • Seeker Arrow - Adds AA levels to damage
  • Death Arrow - Adds +1 DC for every 2 AA levels over 10
  • Hail Arrows - Adds +1 damage for every 2 AA levels
« Last Edit: 21 January 2021, 21:21 by -firecracker- » Logged

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2008, 19:59 »

Maybe Olle was posting this already but a few updates went in today.

A PvP flag in the pocket that gives the total kills for each faction/reset.

As war tensions increase it appears both sides have organized themselves to alert defenders.  I think you'll see what I'm referring to soon enough.

Some BG upgrades listed on the update sign.  Their summons past lvl15 I think are updated now too (I didn't have a char to check that part with yet)

If anybody has a PM summoner their lesser demilich, demilich, and dracolich are tougher now.

ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2008, 19:57 »

An update on the PvP Flag:
  • Displays the Factions total wins for the day
  • Displays the players currently on, thier lvl and total PvP wins for the day
  • Displays the Days Top PvP Leader, beat the Leaders total to get your name posted
  • Deafeat the current Leader to get an extra 500 xp bonus
  • Use your Seals to display the same as the PvP Flag

(\__/)
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2008, 17:17 »

I'll start posting here and on the GvM Wiki the changes that will be made for the post wipe. Then you'll have time to adjust your builds accordingly.
Right now the wipe is scheduled for around the 19th. Rumors of an NPC counter Attack on the 18th should not be taken lightly.

Many of the summons will get changed when CEP 2.2 gets added, so that'll give you 2-3 weeks to use'm as they currently are to help you get a few level 20's quickly.

The Familiar/Companion update that was posted on the Wiki and never added will not be added. Instead we'll go with the equippable Familiar/Companion option(at your own risk). Won't be added til CEP 2.2.

All offensive AOE spells will harm friendlies, so choose your spells wisely, especially in faction areas.

Class Changes
Spell Changes
Feat Changes
Horse Changes
Druid/Shifter Shapes

The above topics are not finished, but ya know where to look.  Tongue
More details will come later.  wink

« Last Edit: 12 December 2008, 21:28 by ollebroc » Logged

(\__/)
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2008, 21:41 »

The majority of the changes are listed above.
  • The Shifters will get adjusted after the wipe since it's the current items that are making some of the shapes impossible to adjust. ent
  • Shadow Dancers are goin to have to seriously focus on Hide and Move Silent. You won't find items with both properties and only on certain base items.  bs
  • There's still one more visual surprise sometime in the beginning of the year color

(\__/)
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 December 2008, 13:21 »

Additional notes

most items have been modified ( power lvl lowered)
alot of barely and unused areas removed (if u were 1 of the few that did use..sorry)
boss items are no longer going to be undroppable (anything a boss uses can be dropped)
some areas moved, modified and some mobs as well.

Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 December 2008, 13:23 »

sorry forgot to mention that damage sheilds no longer stack....casting one dispels the one u currently have going
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2008, 00:18 »

cleric spell modifications are as follows

Divine Power for Clerics is set +1AB/7 Cleric lvls (+5 cap), +1 extra attack/5 charisma modifier (+2 cap). All others only get +1 AB.

Magic Vestment is set for +1 AC/5 Caster lvls.

Shield of Faith is set at +1 deflection AC + 1/6 Caster lvls

Greater Magic Weapon is set +1/5 caster lvls

Word of Faith - all effects are fixed at 3 rounds, cept death.

Lets see how those go...sorry sum of them were supposed to be in effect for the wipe
« Last Edit: 31 December 2008, 16:21 by Turril » Logged
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2009, 19:55 »

Those of you that found out the hard way, the NPCs now have a new AI. Now you'll see thier full potential. Many unused feat/spells will be used to thier benefit.

Familair/Companions are also smarter, too smart. They're smart enough to not attack something many levels above them.
You can equip them. Level/class/proficiency requirements still apply. You'll have to experiment with each pet.
They will use potions, healkits, wands, items with magical spells. But not when you want them too.
Items given to pets will drop on the ground when they/you die. Beware the Cleanup Script monster. When you level-up, all items will be returned to you before your pet unsummons. Make sure you keep a page free in your inventory.
You are responsible for any items given to your pets.

Some of the NPCs as we're discovering will now need to be toned down.  cussing
« Last Edit: 06 January 2009, 20:11 by ollebroc » Logged

(\__/)
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 January 2009, 01:54 »

yeah i am starting that work right now.....might be a tough couple days...will incrase the xp value for most of the cratures as well due to thier ai ugrade.....figure if u can kill em u deserve it Cheesy
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 January 2009, 03:25 »

Part of me can't wait to see what other things NPCs can do with the new AI and the other part keeps dying as I findout.  We'll try to keep DP up ;)

Couple other changes I didn't see listed yet:

Random magic items - the random melee weapons script used in places such as Celebrant and on the Wildmen has been updated to provide items that you *might* actually use.  You won't see any 2handers with 2weapon fighting and ambidex.

Double weapons and quarterstaves - you get a +2 deflection AC bonus when using any of these weapons.  WMs gain an additional +1AC bonus at lvls 8, 12, 16, 21 for a total of +6.

Blackguard's Vorlan Demon summon has been moved from lvl15 to lvl13 so that you have a chance to use the thing before it often gets replaced at lvl16 (usually) with the Balor Lord.

Summons - especially with the new AI are doing all sorts of things so expect tweaking to occur.
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 January 2009, 00:43 »

ok alot of mob/area updates today.   Isengard (all), drow (all), eastment (all), lorien and caras areas, linhr, celebrant, spirits/shelobs and edoras
removed ikd , kd and class summons/familiars and companions from "most" spawns
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 January 2009, 17:19 »

UMD requirements to use Alignment restricted items has been increased.  cussing
All Restricted items valued greater than level 21 will be unuseable via UMD.   bs

(\__/)
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 April 2009, 18:26 »

I just tested blinding speed and it grants the correct haste duration now (for anyone who didn't already know).  1 round/HD.

Divine Wrath I also tested in game and works.  3 + CHAmod + CoTlevel/2 rounds and the DR schedule is slightly improved (listed on update sign in the pocket).

If what I changed on the Outpost scripts works then the Gondor Commander should spawn properly after the Mordor Commander has been defeated.  We'll see... that update should be in soon-ish.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 April 2009, 01:22 »

Ered Lithui Foothills, The Battle Plain of Dagorlad, and Morannon: The Black Gate are back in the mod.  Thanks for the hlep Turril.  Some of the Serpent drops that weren't legal should be worked out.

The Cair Andros Outpost got an update.  It appears the Gondor Commander spawns like he should and the shouts are working but I forgot to set the encounters to 'player triggered only'...oops  After that, if everything else works we should be able to set it up so that the faction who controls it will gain a % bonus xp for any NPC kills.  Depending on how that goes, the goal is to increase that faction bonus for defeating key NPCs like Aragorn/WK, Faramir/Wraith Guard, Radaghast/Ungoliant, Pel King/Thrall,...  we'll see.

Turril added Word of Faith immunity to some of the epic summons who were missing it like the Epic Shadow so they don't get auto-killed by every Moria priest you see.

Afaik, Dol Guldur, Rivendell, and other areas up that way will continue to see some work.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2009, 02:05 »

This is basically a reiteration of what is posted in the Pocket on the update flag but to keep this thread updated and informative here it is again:

Barad dur areas are accessible again thru the Morannon.  I don't know details past that other than they are there... or so I hear Tongue

Module XP bonuses have been included for killing certain faction NPCs.  The % bonuses add up and continue until reset.  Controlling the Cair Andros Outpost (i.e. killing the opposite commander) also grants an xp bonus.  So cumulatively a single faction could get a 30-35% xp bonus by taking out all the targets and controlling the outpost.  It worked when I tested it offline so we'll see how it does live. (i.e. it better work dang it or I'm going to have to ask Olle how to do it)

As always, post, PM, or talk to us about things that don't seem to work or should/shouldn't be happening.

Thanks to Turril for running the place and for the good amount of time he's been putting in reviewing my contributions and making them appropriate, working on quite a number of things QZ has brought up, etc.

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 April 2009, 06:18 »

FYI on current horse function:

• They give movement speed bonus
  • There is no combat penalty while fighting on them atm (at least melee, I forgot to check ranged)
  • If you take mounted combat and have points in ride skill it will grant you dodge AC bonuses every round.  With 30 ride skill I was getting +2-+4 on a quick test.
  • Mounted combat did not change my attack log ab while fighting
  • There are no HP bonuses for being on a horse at all
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 April 2009, 10:29 »

Ranged combat is -4 ab
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 July 2009, 19:58 »

Turril put in the latest update today.  A few significant things have occured, please read the update sign in the pocket.

I want to add a word of appreciation for the many PMs I get about small things that are weird or not working and messages/posts of concern about how we're doing.  Thank you Turril for hosting us and I hope we are making progress toward more fun.

Items are getting better.  Drop rates ARE better now.  There is still much that can be done and will be done. 
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 October 2009, 17:37 »

new updates......read in pocket to find out what
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2009, 20:12 »

Starting this weekend i am going to be working on the New MT/MM cities. They will be harder to enter (hopefully) the mobs will be changed and the drops will be changed as well... A few people have commented to me about Mordor toons not being able to use MT drops and visa versa....i will look into adjusting this where i think it could/should be, although most "uber" drops will be restricted either by class or alignment
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 November 2009, 18:05 »

Rangers and Rogues will receive a new Player Tool on their radial dial, that will lower the hide/move silent of their target for 1 turn. The penalty is depends on the number of several class levels. Read the Class Info sign in the Poacket for full details.

Dwarven Defenders will receive a widget that once/day will grant discipline, regeneration, and AC bonuses based on DD lvls. Read the Class info sign in the Pocket for full details.

Some of the Shifter's feats have more usage per day. Illithid's Psi Barrier and Mind Blast improved.

True Seeing - TS and See invisible the same. Listen/Spot bonus reduced to +2 per caster level.

(\__/)
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 January 2010, 22:05 »

Assassin poisons can be purchased at the rogue merchant in Minas Morgul.  There are 3 types there and 4 others in other places where shady transactions occur.

When you hit something there's a 33% chance it will need to make a save or be poisoned. 
If they fail the save, the poison effects will begin after a round or two. 
The effects are applied again every 1 - 2 rounds depending on the poison type.  Examine the vials for details.
A target cannot be poisoned with more than one of these poison types at a time.
Poison immunity increases their saves, but doesn't necessarily prevent these.
Using the poison with other OnHit properties may not work.
If you're using one poison and want to switch, just use that poison on your weapon.

Ghostly visage grants +1AB every 4 assassin levels starting at level12 (+5 at 28) and concealment is 60% at level12 assassin and increases by 5% every 4 levels to 85% at level28 assassin.  It adds ultravision as well.

You get more uses of invis and darkness per day with assassins.  Their invisibility grants 6.0 seconds of a GS/etherealness effect on top of the invisibility.  Impr invis functions as normal.

Look in the Newbie Merchant for the latest volume of Essays on Magic.  Area of Effect (AoE) spells seem to be working, tho I think there might be a problem with some of them firing properly if you target a monster instead of targetting the ground.

Level 10 rogues will get a bag in their inventory that provides a few throwable things and more when you run out of them.  These might be useful, but I thought they could add to the feel of being a resourceful rogue-type and be fun.  There are flashbangs, bolos, and smokescreens. 

I've worked out a lot of bugs on this stuff already.  I am sure there are others.  Help me out if you think something isn't working.

Don't be distracted by this and miss Turril's event announcement for today!
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06 January 2010, 20:20 »

correction from above post, you get +1AB starting at level8 assassin and get +6AB at level28.

You can now check the faction XP bonus by using the PvP scoreboard option on your seal.  It will also tell you who controls Osgiliath and the Outpost.  Pass it along.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 April 2010, 02:26 »

On the next update when Turril gets around to it, here are the new changes:

- New Heal Kits implemented Heal Kit
 - Old ones will be removed, sell in the Party Sell Chest.
 - Harm Self Potions for you Undead shifters found somewhere.
 - Undead pets get a random bonus with Negative Energy Burst for you PMs. Invest in wands.

- Keen Sense for Lvl 16 Rogues with Alertness feat
 - Keen Sense for Lvl 24 Rangers
 - Keen Sense for Lvl 14 Assassins

- Eru's Pool will remove those unwanted PC Property skins
 - HIPS Timer was removed. Areas now receive a spot/listen bonus based on terrain and lighting.

These changes will most likely require some boss stats to be lowered. You'll have to die a few hundred times before we get it right.

(\__/)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to: