Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 13:22

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Return of Tensers!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Return of Tensers!  (Read 2793 times)
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« on: 05 October 2008, 05:42 »

Tenser's was buffed before, with 3 extra attacks, better str/dex buffs, and a huge discipline boost.
it was then nerfed with 1 extra attack, lower str/dex buff, and no discipline boost.
Since then, nobody plays tensers anymore.. hardly..

After the introduction of the ftr ring, a lot of ppl made ftrs. the ring, a lot of people think is overpowered with 1ab/displine per ftr lvl after lvl 20. i think ftr is quite easy to level, with good bab, decent damage, when combined with wm. they get a lot of hp too.

Then barbarian was buffed. you see barbs everywhere. it gives a lot of attacks than tensers, it has good bab, and is very easy to level too. u can achieve very high ab with barb/rdd with mighty, which requires 21 consti, and barbs get nat dr, and u get get epic drIII, so u end up like 900+ hp, good dr, good ab. but of course, ac is low, but mad attacks. a lot of npcs are getting rage as well, and they are quite scary. wonder if other ftr npcs are using the rings..

Paladin was kind of nerfed by change in HA but new HA effect was introduced. there were quite many paladins before, but not as many now. i wonder if this new HA will bring more paladin users back.

Now there is shifter buff. it's a good one i guess, not overpowered as i see right now, but need more experience with it to see if anything can be abused..

There are new monk items introduced. I'm guessing they are pretty powerful since all the buffs that were made are pretty overpowered now.

So.. what im asking is if tensers could get slight buff, not the one it used to be, but perhaps 2 extra attacks instead of 1, and discipline boost 1 per caster or 1 per 2 caster lvls. in most cases with higher caster levels, they get 3 attacks. adding 1 attack is just like normal toon attack. but of course there are exceptions like ftr6/wm7/wiz27, gets 4 base attacks. but i think if this buffs are added, perhaps more ppl will play tensers too. tensers are tough to level, and their hp is really low, and when they get dispelled, they are pretty much dead.. to get high ab, need to have wizard tensers, and wiz tensers dont have enough spell for offensive much, only some self buffs, and tensers, a few igms/horrid/disj. with sorc, ab is evidently lower (but a few other builds). Ftr's ring is permanent, no disj can strip the buff, so is barb's rage, unless someone abuse something... Tongue

Would like a slight buff please! Cheesy 2 extra attacks / some discipline boost! ^^

ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2008, 05:56 »

Something can be arranged.  gandalf2

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2008, 00:14 »

I have to admit that I agree.

When the tenser change was first added it was pretty overpowered. But after the uber ab fighters and 10 attack barbarians it doesnt seem so bad.

I would happily welcome 2 attacks and 1disc/3 lvls or something like that.
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2008, 13:28 »

From Wiki:

Tenser's transformation
From NWNWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Tenser's Transformation

Caster Level: Wizard / Sorcerer 6

Innate Level: 6

School: Transmutation

Component(s): V, S

Range: Personal

Save: Harmless

Spell Resistance: No

Area of Effect/Target: Caster

Duration: 1 Round / Level

Description: The caster becomes an engine of destruction, gaining a +1 attack bonus for every 2 caster levels, a +4 natural armor AC bonus, 20 strength, 22 dexterity, 18 constitution, +5 to their fortitude saving throws, and +1d6 additional hit points per caster level.

Notes:

#  Although called a "natural armor bonus", the bonus is in fact one of the other source of AC, which stacks with other natural armor.
# This spell grants the caster the cleave feat while transformed.
# Also while transformed, the caster's race becomes "elf", which might result in a multiclass penalty.

I was wondering if that natural bonus is also gained to increase AC, it'll be pretty nice ^^ (but in case of dragon build.. will be overpowering so maybe not for dragons Tongue)
I don't see any cleave feat on current transform and it's also not shifting caster race to elf.
Could give it an elf race too Tongue

Redaurora
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2008, 15:29 »

Yeah, its not a polymorph effect any more. (Thankfully) so no cleave feat (though it could be done) and no elf race, and no natural armor from the shape.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2008, 18:52 »

eventhough it dosent polymorph you still cant tenser from horseback!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: