Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 00:42

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Locking threads... and a few other things.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Locking threads... and a few other things.  (Read 5200 times)
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« on: 27 October 2008, 16:14 »

Altho I cant condone the way Pinky stated it, I do agree with a lot of what was there. And locking the thread before everyone could comment was the reaction one would expect from the tactless way it was put.

Although the Uberness of items, the onesided MvG drops, and other mistakes that were made are legitimate points and ones most agree with, Making the Dev team look like assassins of the server or total morons wasnt the way to do it.

I too care about the server and want to see it carry on, but if the dev team continues to work as is ( Here ya go- ooppss too uber- nerf time) then yes... this mod will die. There needs to be some one in oversight to ask the question of how each of these changes will effect the server and testing to prove it. Maybe a second server used just for testing?

And where the scripting came from matters little. In all of the scripts I have "stolen" for different things I do on my computer, I maintain the "green notes" of who the original author was and add my own to say "modified by" so that if I pass it along, the right people get credit.

I have offered my service before and am offering them again to take a copy of the mod and go thru and do the grunt crap so that it frees the time of the devs to work on the more important things. And Im not asking for anything in return. Why? because I want people to want to play here. I want the devs to have the time to take care in the modifications they make without having to worry about the garbage work that has to be done getting in the way of real creative thinking and testing. I dont want to script, I dont want to make new stuff and I dont want to add to anything. I'm talking about stuff like the shops that still dont sell RD scrolls, changes to landscape, and what ever else is on the list of grunt work. I'm on disability and have all day every day to do this. I know my computer isnt the latest and greatest but it works and can handle it. I have 15gigs of free space and can put my music and vids on flash or cd to free up 40 more.

Plus, I know how to remove items from the item list, make items no drop, static, remove un-neccessarry things and move transitions. If you need an example, I can send you the lv mod I use and have modified to fit my needs. Its the 0 Hassle Character Levels and Items.Mod download. I have it down to 949kb and getting smaller as I remove all of their items and unneccessary scripts. I even added a 90ac and 85ac practice dummy and archery targets to practice with.

If you want me to finish the *mordor mini mod* to show you, then I can do that but the point is that for the services Im offering, I know my way around the toolset.

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2008, 16:39 »

forgot to add...

The point is to stir up more interest in PvP. The server has become too concentrated on getting the uber items instead of killing each other. Who cares if it effects the person making the offer.

And my test didnt work. I offered a +8ac Shades robe and no one bit. (had other stats)

Why? because people are to worried about getting the items. And its what is making the server more and more boring is... Level up, get items, level up another toon, get more items, oh wait... where's the pvp? No time. Gotta sit on a boss for 6 months to get the item I need for PvP. WOW! new item in... gotta farm for that one too.

Items need to be easier to get or a limited number of them need to be there or placed inside the city or something to make them less important so that we can get back to the basics of the server. KILLING EACH OTHER!

I liked the simplistic statement I read when I first got here. This isnt exact but close.

We all know the game and how to whoop it and it has become predictable. But going up against a PC is predictable and able to be manipulated. lets go up against each other and see how it works.

THAT'S what is being forgotten.

Whisper
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2008, 19:10 »

Even though you are typically well spoken in threads, and probably overall mean the best.

Do you really think the team is willing to give you a copy of the module?

You are kinda a freakazoid, a loose cannon, they wont do it man.

They wont do it for most people who are DMs.

I like to sing songs that are sad or angry, this gives me attention and helps me to perpetuate my crappy feelings.

Boo Hoo, look at me, Emo frog.

P.S. please pay attention to me
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2008, 19:31 »

You just have opinions on everyone that you can't wait to get out, don't you Whisper?

The recent forum postings (On the "death" or "dying" of the server to be specific) have completely disgusted me. I never expected to see such a low level of maturity from people on these forums. The finger pointing and berating of people is ridiculous. This is a game people, none of it matters, grow up.

I like this server a lot, always have. Do I disagree with certain nerfs and changes, sure. In fact, if I could have it my way the server would just be plain ol' Bioware/D&D, no nerfing at all, because I don't care about balance. I've lost a few characters to wipes and other unfortunate incidents, and I don't care about that either. I play here because it's fun and the community is, or was, nice.

That being said, after what I've seen from some recent posts by people, I've left GvM. I've easily found other servers to play on where balancing isn't such a hot issue and people are mature and respectable of one another. I don't really plan on playing here anymore, but perhaps I'll still read the forums. Maybe I'll play here again if things ever settle down.
Whisper
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2008, 20:06 »

You just have opinions on everyone that you can't wait to get out, don't you Whisper?

The recent forum postings (On the "death" or "dying" of the server to be specific) have completely disgusted me. I never expected to see such a low level of maturity from people on these forums. The finger pointing and berating of people is ridiculous. This is a game people, none of it matters, grow up.

I like this server a lot, always have. Do I disagree with certain nerfs and changes, sure. In fact, if I could have it my way the server would just be plain ol' Bioware/D&D, no nerfing at all, because I don't care about balance. I've lost a few characters to wipes and other unfortunate incidents, and I don't care about that either. I play here because it's fun and the community is, or was, nice.

That being said, after what I've seen from some recent posts by people, I've left GvM. I've easily found other servers to play on where balancing isn't such a hot issue and people are mature and respectable of one another. I don't really plan on playing here anymore, but perhaps I'll still read the forums. Maybe I'll play here again if things ever settle down.

One very easy way to 100% avoid all of the inner drama of a server is to simply avoid the forums.

My statements towards Kermit are in no way derogatory, he would be the first to admit that he has anger type issues that emerge, not as much now, but with that taken into context I would think a team would not be like "Ok, here is the module".

I like to sing songs that are sad or angry, this gives me attention and helps me to perpetuate my crappy feelings.

Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2008, 21:01 »

I do admit I can be a lose cannon when my temper gets the best of me. But my honesty and integrity have never been in question. When I say I want to do the grunt work that means I get a list from turril who says- "Do this" and that's what will get done. Nothing more. And my honesty and integrity should assure you that is the way it would be.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that I would prolly say, "what about..." in several things. But I would do no more than I would be ask to do. And you know me well enough that is exactly how it would be.

I took no personal offense at the comments. I rarely do. As I have said many times, it's like a basketball game. Everyone takes smack on the floor and that night they all gather 'round the bbq for dinner and it's passed. If I took it all personally, and with my temper, do you think I would still be here after nearly 2 years?

BTW... gimme the name list of ALL your mords. Evil

Whisper
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2008, 22:04 »

I do admit I can be a lose cannon when my temper gets the best of me. But my honesty and integrity have never been in question. When I say I want to do the grunt work that means I get a list from turril who says- "Do this" and that's what will get done. Nothing more. And my honesty and integrity should assure you that is the way it would be.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that I would prolly say, "what about..." in several things. But I would do no more than I would be ask to do. And you know me well enough that is exactly how it would be.

I took no personal offense at the comments. I rarely do. As I have said many times, it's like a basketball game. Everyone takes smack on the floor and that night they all gather 'round the bbq for dinner and it's passed. If I took it all personally, and with my temper, do you think I would still be here after nearly 2 years?

BTW... gimme the name list of ALL your mords. Evil

Plus I think they are going to roll out a 100% revamped module with all of these changes done sometime coming up.

Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 October 2008, 22:27 »

*cough*  I swear I am not kermit I am some new guy called screamin sheets....I swear it a hundred times with threats and pleas and extremly long winded posts.....
Whisper
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 October 2008, 23:46 »

*cough*  I swear I am not kermit I am some new guy called screamin sheets....I swear it a hundred times with threats and pleas and extremly long winded posts.....
LOL!

Thats funny, he actually told me that he was turning me in for harassment when I was calling him Kermit.

charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2008, 00:18 »

God loves Kermit....a lot... Tongue

Ok I was gonna be quite on the server is dying but hmmm maybe I do care...

Pinky was right in most of his post, granted with a sledge hammer approach (which is all he knows I think) but he is mostly right BUT...I remember a time when Olle wasn't chief chick and Arwen was.  She was over nice (preferential) to many of the current "I hate Olle" crowd.   And the same things that could be said about Olle could be said about Arwen's favorities.  I honestly didn't like it when Arwen or Olle has had the power basically because both have abused it.  And made the playing against their favorites unbalanced because of the items those players had.  I don't know all the items that have been giving and I sure their are more but I know some.

Grooths is right as well DM's have played favorties for years (see above^^) but I assume that is like most places.  Everywhere I have worked the same thing happens there its human nature to help those we like and hinder those we don't.  But until all you kids figure this you are never going to be happy unless your on the "liked" side.   

There has been a "thing" between Olle and many others for a long time.  All its over is power (which is dumb esp. because this is a game) but its all about the power.  I haven't been on either side (or on both sides if you like) since I have played this game.  So I think I can give an honest opinion and frankly you are all guilty (except the newbies).
Snake
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

When there is Light....There is Darkness.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2008, 01:15 »

*gasp* Im not guilty!..ive been on permanent vacation Cry

"If god wanted you to live, he wouldn't have created me."
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 October 2008, 02:54 »

When it comes to DM hand outs Im like 7up- never had it. Never will. And I dont mind it. Except if its an item that takes 6 months to farm out.

But I digress. This was mainly to offer my assistance.

As far as kermit/sheet thing... I had to kill kermit because of the mistakes I made. Was a have to. And I could have kept it up but chose not to. Too honest to keep up a lie.

Whisper
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 November 2008, 15:57 »

When it comes to DM hand outs Im like 7up- never had it. Never will. And I dont mind it. Except if its an item that takes 6 months to farm out.

But I digress. This was mainly to offer my assistance.

As far as kermit/sheet thing... I had to kill kermit because of the mistakes I made. Was a have to. And I could have kept it up but chose not to. Too honest to keep up a lie.

Why keep it up when everyone knew it was you?

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: