Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 14:02

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Bug?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Bug?  (Read 9776 times)
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« on: 31 October 2008, 18:26 »

I dont know how, but a Mordor has successfully GSed in MT 3 times rescently. And these are just the instances I know of.

I thought this wasn't supposed to be possible?

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2008, 18:30 »

I know I was able to GS into Mordor twice as Kaiyel.

ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 November 2008, 00:08 »

You can still sneak into any city under GS. That option was never removed.  Lips Sealed

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2008, 23:09 »

Ah- I guess I misunderstood the discussion as being a difinitive answer on the subject.

How about adding a remove GS trap at the first gate in both cities?
« Last Edit: 03 November 2008, 00:43 by Kermit » Logged

KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2008, 16:38 »

Why?  I see nothing wrong with being able to GS into a city.

Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2008, 18:08 »

Why?  I see nothing wrong with being able to GS into a city.

Huh? Have you missed the discussions where the cities are supposed to be unsoloable and yet there are people soloing MT frequently?  GSing in is part of what makes it soloable. *hands KK a cup of coffee* inhale deeply thru the nose... *sings* The best part of waking up....

Rabbac
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Och aye, bonnie Scotland

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2008, 10:04 »

Tis true, i was gsing while stalking around MM. Damn pity dominate monster doesnt work  Evil

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 November 2008, 02:37 »

In theory, MT should be GS-able, just given the fact that the city is human.

However, MM should not be GS-able, because of the supernatural nature of many of the things inherent in the forces of evil.

Of course, then the bulk of you clowns will complain that the cities are further unbalanced, but if we want to be true to LOTR, that's the way it is.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with being able to GS into the cities.  If people are dumb enough to leave the gates open, then whatever, that's your own faults.

Whisper
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 November 2008, 03:04 »

In theory, MT should be GS-able, just given the fact that the city is human.

However, MM should not be GS-able, because of the supernatural nature of many of the things inherent in the forces of evil.

Of course, then the bulk of you clowns will complain that the cities are further unbalanced, but if we want to be true to LOTR, that's the way it is.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with being able to GS into the cities.  If people are dumb enough to leave the gates open, then whatever, that's your own faults.
Actually a high level mage should be able to GS in a supernatural area.

I disagree with your theory completely.

I like to sing songs that are sad or angry, this gives me attention and helps me to perpetuate my crappy feelings.

Boo Hoo, look at me, Emo frog.

P.S. please pay attention to me
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 November 2008, 05:35 »

I concede your point, only because I forgot to factor in the matter of the lack of mages/spellcasters in the LOTR world.

Still doesn't mean one should be unable to GS in a city...

Redaurora
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 November 2008, 14:03 »

If someone is sneaking in, then they are probably alone, as a group effort is generally too impatient to do that. And if they are alone they probably arn't likely to do a major amount of damage (or shouldn't anyway lol  Roll Eyes)

gs is no prob imo there and if the gondor sorcs do anything like the Mordor wiz then they'll prob dispell u anyway lol (i dunno what lvl their mords is at)
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 November 2008, 15:10 »

If someone is sneaking in, then they are probably alone, as a group effort is generally too impatient to do that. And if they are alone they probably arn't likely to do a major amount of damage (or shouldn't anyway lol  Roll Eyes)

gs is no prob imo there and if the gondor sorcs do anything like the Mordor wiz then they'll prob dispell u anyway lol (i dunno what lvl their mords is at)

Respectfully- You're wrong.

For severla days Pugna was soloing MT. Again... A GS dispell trap- Im not saying strip ALL buffs- just GS.

Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 November 2008, 15:16 »

Actually a high level mage should be able to GS in a supernatural area.

I disagree with your theory completely.

Grooth- Whisper- Moron... You are a child. You are offensive. Your attempts to belittle me show you dont care about anything other than your own self gratification. If you haven't got a braincell to form an idea or a real arguement - Go away.  You have no substance so you try to use flare to distract from that fact.

If you want to post your favorite sccreenshots, there's a thread for that. If you want to act like a child with posts to me, use PMs. If you have nothing to offer this forum. Stop posting.

tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 November 2008, 16:12 »

don't we all hate traps (epic)? especially disj ones.. breaches everything.. T-T
Rabbac
Poster

Och aye, bonnie Scotland

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 November 2008, 16:16 »

Respectfully- You're wrong.

For severla days Pugna was soloing MT. Again... A GS dispell trap- Im not saying strip ALL buffs- just GS.

I too read somewhere that you are not able to solo the cities but i suppose it's what you mean by soloing..

yes i can get in and yes if i'm careful i can sneak around and isolate and  kill the odd npc if i'm careful with my pm/sorc but i certainly cant fight faramir or the wk or storm the city by myself  Cry and i have tried lol

Seems to be alot of children posting here, calling people clowns etc and insulting people for posting just makes you look the the idiots you are.. (hmm look ive caught the bug)!

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 10 November 2008, 17:20 »

Grooth- Whisper- Moron... You are a child. You are offensive. Your attempts to belittle me show you dont care about anything other than your own self gratification. If you haven't got a braincell to form an idea or a real arguement - Go away.  You have no substance so you try to use flare to distract from that fact.

If you want to post your favorite sccreenshots, there's a thread for that. If you want to act like a child with posts to me, use PMs. If you have nothing to offer this forum. Stop posting.

Eh...Grooth's comment there was directed at my theory for why you SHOULD be able to GS into cities...and I already addressed his comment above.

Not to mention that your post adds nothing to the discussion, Kermit...

In any case, I agree with Tono.  There is no specific trap that will dispel GS as far as I'm aware.  And if it means we're going to have an automatic dispel trap on the entrance to a heavily guarded city?  Yea, that is sure to make EVERYONE thrilled.

Btw, I'll be back soon...very soon.  *evil grin*

Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 November 2008, 18:40 »

Btw, I'll be back soon...very soon.  *evil grin*

HAHHAAHHAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I knew it.

Uhmm.. yes, something contributive:

Greater Sanctuary, like the Eagles in LotR, are in my opinion a deus ex machina.
I don't like it, I think it's cheap, but it is also necessary. When previously discussing GS/TS, I believe that I suggested GS should have a capped duration of say... 10 seconds. This allows a mage to disappear for essentially 1 round, perform whatever duty he has to (i.e: ressing or just sneaking by), and then reappear. In PvP, it would be much like flashing HiPs; especially if they weren't allowed to cast offensive spells from it.

Changing the spell would prevent GSing through not only cities, but every other area. And since some of us know that Ghosting is quite prevalent on the server, a change to the spell could help with that problem too.
« Last Edit: 10 November 2008, 18:47 by Rade » Logged
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 November 2008, 18:53 »

Yeah, we could pretty easily make a trigger that removes the GS effect but it would be annoying.  I understand the principle of cities being really hard to get into and what not but we're just not going to do it that way.  I'm with Rade. 
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 November 2008, 22:09 »

Eh...Grooth's comment there was directed at my theory for why you SHOULD be able to GS into cities...and I already addressed his comment above.

Not to mention that your post adds nothing to the discussion, Kermit...

In any case, I agree with Tono.  There is no specific trap that will dispel GS as far as I'm aware.  And if it means we're going to have an automatic dispel trap on the entrance to a heavily guarded city?  Yea, that is sure to make EVERYONE thrilled.

I laid down the gauntlet to end the bickering- stay out of it instead of making it worse. Right now you are trying to jump into something you need to stay out of.

On topic- The only reason I can see being able to GS into one of the cities is that you USED to have to log to avoid the possiblity of losing an item from spawning and having some one GS in to rez you prevented that. Now that the cities are permaDP, there really isnt a reason to allow it. And a GS stripper can be scripted easily. Its an onareaenter script.

When previously discussing GS/TS, I believe that I suggested GS should have a capped duration of say... 10 seconds. This allows a mage to disappear for essentially 1 round, perform whatever duty he has to (i.e: ressing or just sneaking by), and then reappear. In PvP, it would be much like flashing HiPs; especially if they weren't allowed to cast offensive spells from it.

Changing the spell would prevent GSing through not only cities, but every other area. And since some of us know that Ghosting is quite prevalent on the server, a change to the spell could help with that problem too.

Great idea. But 1 round might be a bit short. Maybe make it... say- long enough to run to a safe point?

Whisper
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 November 2008, 23:04 »

I offered my opinion on GSing, I do not see an issue with my post.

In my opinion a high level caster such as Gandalf would be able to GS in either city if that were a spell in his arsenal, perhaps an alteration to the time or a % chance of failure would be a good option to reflect the inherent magic nature of some areas.

Don't forget Kermit, we are friends.

I like to sing songs that are sad or angry, this gives me attention and helps me to perpetuate my crappy feelings.

charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 November 2008, 02:29 »

Who cares if anyone can GS into the cities how does that hurt you?  There are like 3 to 6 people on the server at anypoint in time.  This arguement is pointless.
Whisper
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 November 2008, 02:33 »

Who cares if anyone can GS into the cities how does that hurt you?  There are like 3 to 6 people on the server at anypoint in time.  This arguement is pointless.

tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 November 2008, 04:45 »

Those who can solo MT don't really need GS. it's just to save time from killing worthless npcs in the city. so GS or no GS, it won't make any difference to such toons.

GS fails all the time, once dispelled / failed, u can't re GS anyway..
Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 November 2008, 04:59 »

I've always hated GS period. All it does for me is make it more annoying to kill the useless worms that engage in battle then blast it off to get away. I liked the fact that we added the script so it couldnt be used as often, but I still like the idea of short duration. It's supposed to be used as an escape option yes, but I still find too many players using it to get the first strike advantage. And it would be much more effective on the server even with a really short duration if there weren't so many Mordenkainen items out there. I still think that spell should have been limited too casters only.
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 November 2008, 06:35 »

I laid down the gauntlet to end the bickering- stay out of it instead of making it worse. Right now you are trying to jump into something you need to stay out of.

Who are you to say what I should and should not get my nose into?  We're all mostly adults here*,(Sorry, Skeevie), so I do believe I am well within my rights to tell you to shove it.  laugh

Thanks for clearing up the bit about it being easy to script, but I still put my eggs in tono's basket.  Most of those that would consider GSing into the city as a significant option are by and large those that can handle the guards but simply choose to avoid that annoyance(especially given the immense lag the city gate brings about, MT specifically.  Something in the last month or so before I took my hiatus makes the city a lag-fest, more so than usual...though I'm not sure if it was just isolated to myself.)

*Despite discrepancies in "adult" behavior, maturity levels, etc.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to: