Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 09:59

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Spawns spawns and more spawns
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Spawns spawns and more spawns  (Read 13722 times)
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 February 2009, 05:49 »

Oh Turril Canadians are SEEN as Americans by most of the world..lol
Nep
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 February 2009, 10:36 »

ManiacK
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Builder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 February 2009, 11:00 »

LOL, I thought df left a nice walkthrough about the voting system, but maybe it was lost when the Acidrain forum disappeared... I will see if he still has it, so that you or olle can do more polls Cheesy

<1> please tell me if there's any way to check if a table exist in mysql database
<2> if (mysql_query('DROP TABLE table_name')) echo "table existed";
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 February 2009, 15:58 »

I'm sure it is quite simple......I just never looked at it.   sleepy2

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
notyou1
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 February 2009, 17:13 »

Oh Turril Canadians are SEEN as Americans by most of the world..lol

Well then explain why Americans hitch hiking through Europe pose as Canadians???
notyou1
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 24 February 2009, 17:14 »

perhaps they have respawned as Canadians???
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 February 2009, 07:33 »

Well then explain why Americans hitch hiking through Europe pose as Canadians???

Because most savvy Americans realize that a good portion of the rest of the world inherently does not like us( arguably with good reason ) and would rather not be harassed.

Quite frankly, however, its far easier for some of us to pass for something else (such as spanish or more specifically cuban. heh heh heh)

Nep
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25 February 2009, 11:01 »

Because most savvy Americans realize that a good portion of the rest of the world inherently does not like us( arguably with good reason ) and would rather not be harassed.

Quite frankly, however, its far easier for some of us to pass for something else (such as spanish or more specifically cuban. heh heh heh)

Lol, this thread is a stereotypefest in all directions.

I happen to hold dual citizenship, one of which is American, the other from an equally disliked European nation (I'll let you guess sacrebleu!)... I've never hidden my nationality anywhere I went, and for the overwhelming majority of the people I've met, it didn't matter where you came from. I've also never met an American who tried to pass as Canadian...

I think we all read about a single freak occurrence of someone getting lynched and maimed by an angry mob of locals and we assume it will be like that wherever we go…

The secret lies in balance. A little bit of pride, and a little bit of humility. Mix them up just right and you’ll be at home wherever you go. A few Americans get a bad experience in Europe because they walk around like kings visiting the peasants’ quarters… They expect whatever land they visit to be deeply inferior to theirs and that leads to a clash with locals whom are equally proud of their home turf…

The “People from <insert country> are a**holes” argument is a hate circle that is perpetuated by ignorant people who haven’t grown out of “I’m better than you!” and get caught up in stupid generalisations that end up hurting everyone…

[/serious Nep]

Peter Griffin: Which is more than we ever got from those freeloading Canadians. Canada sucks!

*edit* typos
« Last Edit: 25 February 2009, 17:01 by Nep » Logged
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 February 2009, 16:50 »

KK maybe you should move to Cuba if you think American is so terrible.  Perhaps we should just stay freaking home so ALL of Europe can goosestep and speak German.  Sorry but this attitude disgusts me.  If you thinking Iraq the VAST majority of the people are happy Saddam is gone. 
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 February 2009, 17:29 »

If I thought America was so terrible, I wouldn't be living here, Charlie.  If I did actually live with the rest of my family in Cuba, I would not be able to criticize anything, much less my own country.  And that is a freedom that I hold very very dear.

What I said, I said in jest(ergo the chuckles at the end of my post?), and I'm sorry if it made it seem like I was a some sort of serious "America-hater".  Fact of the matter is we did have an idiot president not too long ago, and I hope to God the new one does a helluva better job than the old one.  And to be CLEAR, I mean that with regard to EVERYTHING.

Side note:  I think all incumbent politicians should be sacked (I'm talking maximum two terms for EVERY office) and that a lot of our BS bureaucracy should be outright removed.  (eg.  who the hell thought it was a good idea for NJ to have 593 school districts each with their own superintendents all getting paid exorbitant salaries?  No wonder we're the most corrupt (well, 2nd most - THANKS ILLINOIS))

/end rant

KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 February 2009, 17:32 »

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC (Feel free to open up another topic on the above line of conversation in the OFF-TOPIC section)

I happen to really enjoy the new AI, and other than a few annoying spellcasters, I think it has made the server far more entertaining.

That being said, I also think some things need to be changed.  Perhaps the drop percentages should be upped just slightly?  I'm not saying rare items should drop like candy, but maybe some lesser spawns could drop their side-gear a little more, give people something to work with so they don't all have to be build UBER POWER-FARMER RETARD BUILDS.  *cough*  S'cuse me...momentary lapse...

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26 February 2009, 05:08 »

So I like the new AI.

I totally hate dying frequently to the new AI.  Cry

I'm on board with powered down item set.  (remember before how once a char turned lvl20-21 all of the sudden it was like your char jumped in power by 20x because of the items you could use?)

Low AC on my chars is probably my single biggest problem right now.  I get swarmed and die easily way too much.  Add in bards using curse song and NPCs using taunt with already lower AC overall, it's brutal.

My hope is that items will continue to be revamped.  Obviously overpowered items will be adjusted down as needed but what I'm talking about are the items that really have no use at all.  IMO, if you can't reasonably see why something might be used then either improve it or remove it. 

I prefer that any NPC over CR20 provide some useful drop.  Whether it's a decent dagger like the alpha warg fang or some sort of beast hide that drops as hide armor or cloak with handy properties.  Most are this way but some are not.

I woke up the other day and for some reason the word "much" just seemed really weird.  Much much much much much... the more I say it, the weirder it sounds.  icon_scratch
destrug

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26 February 2009, 08:05 »

the problem i am having with npc's is not summons. it is them being hidden. by the time i enter an area, i am surrounded by hidden creatures. sometimes to the point that i can hardly move. ok Great. now i engage 1. which would not be so bad, but they all have sneak attack. now i am being hit with 16 sneak attacks per round. but wait there is more. since the guy i engaged has no hips timer, he spams hips the whole time and gets sneaks while i am fighting him. although AI does ad a challenge, it now compounds this problem. i am totally surrounded and cant get away from them to a better fighting popsition.(notice i did not say run away in fear?) add to that this power they seem to have to see invis, hidden, gs players and it equals death. do they have to have all these abilities? and do they ALL have to have it? i think those polls were taken when people were at relatively low level. as people get higher level, they realize how futile it is. telling people to quit crying and deal with it is an easy solution, but the players solution is to not play. base has been shrinking again. 5 people on tonight. guess i will have to make a PM with TS or quit playing. poop
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26 February 2009, 13:52 »

I feel you terrorble and destrug there are ways around some of these mechanics like the lock on to invis or stealth the new ai is no diff from the old in this except npcs act more like pcs in that they will go running after a sec to where they last saw a invised or stealth player and if you are invis and they are next to you they can attack like a player would.The sneaky monsters to me makes sense sneaky monsters should try to ambush! ts isnt the answer usualy it lasts so little time,  good detection, attacks or aoes from a distance, running thru with a summons bait while invised,or dragons are all viable counter mesures as well.

I have found one thing funny though if you gs or stealth and go afk for a min all the monsters on the board will wander to you surrounding you lol!In general monsters will lock on to you and complete a attack round even if you go invis gs or hips and stop after that round or flurry.  archers always finish the round though and if you run out of their line of sight and gs/invis/hips then come back into their line of sight they will continuie the attack and that has always ben that way.

Terror the ac issue is tough I have made some sacrifices on allmost all my toons inorder to keep high ac as I lvl.   This means i cant max the build the way i want but atleast i can level laugh also a couple things I have found usefull...   

If you are a caster finding a spell with a good dc that blinds the monsters makes many of them retarded  apperently huh

Hips is very usefull vs the monsters the trick lies in mastering the timing, and their tendency to all run to where they last saw you invis or hide  can be used against them.

Ok that said I still have huge problems with some of the npcs mostly the casters, just try taking a toon into heneth head quarters and try to overcome the gondor healers [the high lvl ones]. or the pel sorcerer spawns outside the castle,  or even the merc casters in corupted forest tower.

the heneth headquarter spawns are supper caster clerics they have lots of great immunities like blindness cold fire elec and magic damage,they summon dragon knights, heal the gondor comander and throw lots of wofs and there are 2 of them to go with 2 weaker ones and 8-12 meles lol   I have admitteed defeat there, they own..  and I think players with less experience are hitting that admit defeat wall sooner and easier. Cry

But I like the ai.  Tough spawns = more chalenge and more fun! The frustration for me lies in my fear of perma item loss  and huge xp loss on a high lvl if I respawn. I also like the toned down items,
I think alot of players are enjoying reylying more on their play and team mates than on gear of invincibility. I dont want to see those things changed. Just maybey ease the respawn penalty, I dont beleive in penalty free respawns either, but  with the near certanty of death for players as we experiment with ways to overcome the challenges. Frustration and that sense of futility are fed by the high respawn penalty imo.
« Last Edit: 26 February 2009, 16:50 by Endlessorrow » Logged
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 26 February 2009, 18:43 »

It's too soon to say that player base is getting low again, so much as saying it is getting higher again. What I've been seeing is that one day we have many playing, the other not so many, and some known faces log in everytime  laugh .

I find the new AI challenging and amusing, and it is helping GvM become a more team oriented, but I also I have to agree with destrug. For example, I died counteless times in Lorien because the NPC archer would still keep attacking me after I invise'd. If I was beeing attacked by a melee, ok, we all know that if you stand next to a invised char you can see them, but that archer kept attacking for like 4 rounds after I invised...
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27 February 2009, 18:32 »

item loss on respawn is going to be removed...exp and gold loss wont be...still needs to be some :"cost for dying" or people will just do suicide runs in hopes to get lucky drops Cheesy 
notyou1
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 27 February 2009, 18:44 »

Thats very fair and generous of you.
Thanks Turril
 Cool
klixon
Poster

ooooh... shiney things!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27 February 2009, 18:51 »

Awesome!

Anything can be interpreted to mean anything.
Especially since it's the same word.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 February 2009, 20:15 »

woot Cheesy
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28 February 2009, 00:36 »