Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 19:00

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  SERVER DOWN
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: SERVER DOWN  (Read 171990 times)
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 03 July 2013, 18:53 »

Server is down

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 04 July 2013, 23:25 »

ohoh still down

Keep'em rollin'
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 05 July 2013, 22:35 »

i am really starting to hate computers. it runs fine except now serer wont connect to net....grrr.  have somebody calling me to see what i can do over phone. if not, might be a while if a hardware issue. plus i leave for vacation in 3 days. will do what i can for you addicts
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 06 July 2013, 07:05 »

Hello,
good luck for the fix.
After that could you check the server ip with http://www.whatismyip.com/ in case it change again ?

See you,
Noruas

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 06 July 2013, 12:18 »

no luck last night. cant get my IT bud over before my vacation so in case any of you have an idea i will describe the problem. I thought it might be a hardware issue but the 2nd hard drive on the server goes online just fine. it has vista so i cant use it to run the server.
 the sever boots up just fine, but for whatever reason it doesnt detect the the net. if i try to diagnose the problem it tells me there is no internet, so somehow the settings got changed after i installed the fan, and after i fixed an invalid toon.
 any ideas would be appreciated so i can try to get it back up and running before i leave on vacation in 30 hours.
thanks
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 06 July 2013, 17:12 »

To help:
1/ Can you check the led (one yellow, one green) on each side of your network plug behind your compute, if they are off when you plug the nework cable and when the computer is on then it is a network board issue,
2/ In that case, can you check if the network board is correctly put in the mainboard slot, or correctly activated in the bios,
3/ by the way, check all the cable are correcty plug on the mainboard,
4/ otherwise it can be a network driver load issue on the computer boot, that will be hard to fix by mail, you have better to wait for your IT guy to fix it.

In all case, have good vacation,
Noruas

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 07 July 2013, 20:11 »

no luck fixing before vacation guys, sorry. very strange. internet works on server if i run vista, but not xp.  i will have to see about converting it to the secondary drive when i get back if i cant get it figured out. will keep u informed when i get back
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 12 July 2013, 11:18 »

all the best, on holiday myself for the next 10 days so hopefully all OK when i get back  Grin

Keep'em rollin'
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 14 July 2013, 09:22 »

Ha Turril,

Seriously appreciating your efforts to help us get our fix heheh. Been a while since I did some troubleshooting, but let me dust off my techsupport hat...
*cough cough*
there, let's see...

well, if you can connect to the internet using Vista on the same machine, then I guess the cable is connected properly and it's probably not a hardware issue. Could be a driver issue or maybe a security issue. Anything changed recently, before the crash? Like a software security update or some new software installed
I am assuming
- you had the vista dual boot option configured before the issue occured
- you can't browse the net using IE/chrome either (e.a. it's a general problem on the XP rig and not an issue specific to hosting nwn)

Some suggestions before you start:
1) make backups on external media (!!)
2) VERIFY you can read the external media ;)

In order to find the cause so we can properly deal with it try:
3) check if you can connect to the internet if you disable the firewall. If so, then check firewall settings
4) check if you can connect to the internet in safemode (F8 during startup, choose safe mode with network). If you can connect, then you know the network adapter is setup ok and some other software/program is causing the issue

5) You can check the windows event viewer (start > run > eventvwr) to view the logfile. This log is usually quite extensive and note that there may well be errors in here from looong before the issues ocurred. These probably are not the cause of the issue today. Also note that "normal operation events are logged here, not just errors and warnings. To help you find the relevant messages:
5a) Check the logs for event messages when you try to connect. Look them up on the internet, see if that gives you any clue what is causing the issue
5b) Check the various logs around the date the issues first occurred, see if you can find anything in the logs for software changes around this time.

Hope you had a good holiday and I bid you good hunting

Cheers
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 28 July 2013, 15:58 »

Back from holiday, is the server still down? Can't log in Sad

Keep'em rollin'
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 29 July 2013, 00:33 »

Yeh and no news yet Sad
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 04 August 2013, 03:49 »

OK, so downtime is nearly 4 weeks. I have had a few PMs about this but can't really answer any of them - is Turril still on holiday after all this time? I do not know sorry Sad
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 04 August 2013, 15:18 »

I've never known Americans to go on longer holiday than a week or so, either he's looking for a new server or he pulled the plug Embarrassed

Keep'em rollin'
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 04 August 2013, 16:51 »

Don't say that! Not after I finally found my cd keys.
locmer
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 04 August 2013, 22:00 »

Ohw c'mon guys.

If he had pulled the plug he would have told us.
The man might just still taking joy in his well deserved holiday.
Or when he got back he just got swarmed with work or other important rl stuff.

Let's just rest this topic untill he gives word, for I think he get's some message every time we put in a reply.

Roll Eyes

The biggest risk is not taking one.
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 13 August 2013, 20:43 »

Turril, hope you can get her up soon cause the timing of this downtime is really dreadfull: a lot of veterans were coming back or considering to come back....that was over a month ago now and I can imagine most players will have found a new game to get their daily kick (tochlight 2 anyone?)
soulstler
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 21 August 2013, 16:51 »

AAAAAHHHHH!  I'm going nuts without my LOTR & NWN fix.  I hope the server is back up soon, if ever.  Other mods just are not the same for me.  I grew up on NWN with this mod and it was always a joy to come back after taking a break and seeing the veterans along with the new faces.
Rajado banido
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 22 August 2013, 00:44 »

I am waiting and keep on waiting for the return of the server, the best I've seen.

Grin
Sancho29
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 24 August 2013, 02:39 »

Huh, had a random feeling to log back in after a few years absent.  Bad timing on my part, but good to see so many old names around.  I spend most of my NWN time in the Ravenloft mod these days.  After all the arena/pvp focus servers died out, I found a new challenge in playing low magic serves and got pulled into the whole RP aspect in the process.  I never really saw myself as an RP kind of person, but it reminds me a lot of writing/reading in a way.    If anyone happens by there, I play under my old Antiworld name - "Legion XXI".  I've seen a few logins there that I recognized from here, so I'm not the only one you will run into.

At any rate, good luck with your server issues, and when it comes back up maybe I'll dust off an old character and hold a player event for boss loot or something.  Happy hunting, and see you on the battlefield. (Noruas, that means you. Haha)

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Thiagow2008
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 07 September 2013, 17:14 »

Server still down? Sad
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 08 September 2013, 01:56 »

Yup, catch up with what is going on in the 'Anyone still around' thread ... early days yet but maybe we can ressurect GvM
« Last Edit: 08 September 2013, 02:01 by -firecracker- » Logged
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 09 September 2013, 11:57 »

Being a system administrator for years, maybe I can be of some assistance ... message me at this forum or email me at mpasschier@gmail.com or use Skype of TS ... or any other ways of communication Smiley

Also dont know if this helps at all ... but I am able to run a (backup) server at home ... am running a linux server all day almost every day ... maybe it can run on that ... otherwise have here at home more than 5 computers running most of the time so I definately can find one computer to run GvM on, at any platform you wish (preferably XP, Windows7)
Also have enough harddiskspace for any database GvM has and can schedule backups for it .. can even sync the backups on schedule with any other computer you have?

Turril long ago I had asked this ones in a private email ... because I really am afraid this uber great server will die one day before my kids are old enough to play this game too ... but I will ask it again here ... if at all possible can I help with making and keeping backups in the form described above or can I help in any other way so that this server can live on forever?

Anyhow ... am missing this server a lot ... as do everone of us here I guess ...
Hope this server will come back and will never die!!  Cheesy
GvM rulez!  Cool
wRspct GreyDeth

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 09 September 2013, 12:15 »

Also being a real life friend of Rodriquez and Chaosrules ... I am sure they will help me too ... with any chosen solution .... We will do almost everything if this will enable the permanent continuation and future of this server  icon_salut

Yoghurth
Poster

<3 125 <3

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 10 September 2013, 22:58 »

Oooooooh, Grey i hope there are some possibilities that wil work.
it doesnt matter what kind of salutions there wil be
if its turril whit a master salution i wil be dancing on the tablle at home.
and if its at your place ,Grey, i wil be cheering at your doorstep hahaha
 wink wink wink wink wink wink

it goes a little something like this;
 :pompom:
GvM, sing a-long. Yeah you really got it goin on
GvM in the house, Everybody say it now.
GvM everywhere, Wave your hands up in the air.
That's the way we do it, Let's get to it,
Time to show the world.
This server is going on and on and on and on and on and on.
 :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom:

of course i wil bring my dancers too LMAO

No guy,s seriously i hope there wil be playtime aragorn2 again for you allllllll

Hugs Yoghy
 legolas2

MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 11 September 2013, 19:20 »

LOL Yoghy .. you always make me laugh.
Dancers with songs 'bout GvM that will be something to watch Cheesy
(And the song is without "Britney Bitch"? ...  laugh)

Well just hopeTurril is still OK and that he sees us wanting server back badly even if it means professional dancing and GvM songs  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Print 
Jump to: