Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 16:11

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Class: Champion of Torm
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Class: Champion of Torm  (Read 2830 times)
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« on: 15 February 2009, 09:09 »

Here is a underplayed class as well despite some nice benifits there are very few played, I propose;

Give cots divine wrath at 3x day

Add cot lvl/2 to divine wrath durration or cha bonus x2

Personaly I think COT's are prety strong with  the feats and save bonus,smites and lay on hands putting them over fighters except for the lack of wep spec. feat but this would put them on par with barbs or mele clerics I think atleast in the ballpark.

comments?
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2009, 19:13 »

Those changes you are proposing are exactly the same as they were on another server I used to play. While they are indeed interesting, because they add more functionality to a 1 use/ day ability, it will make paladins incredibly strong (guess why I'm saying that  Roll Eyes).

On that server, I've made a 20 pal/18 cot / 2 rog that had almost 70 ab for 2 minutes, using extended favor + divine wrath ...

edit: grammar
« Last Edit: 15 February 2009, 19:18 by Abimael » Logged
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2009, 19:17 »

yeah i thought it would be combined with palis for nice effect,  I also like the bard cot rdd combo and the rouge cot sd combo
Abimael
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2009, 08:32 »

how about giving their duration 1 rd/cot lvl instead of 1 per 2?

I made a build with crazy ab and good ac but at lvl 40 it will have 3 + 7 + 13 divine wrath duration, which I think is rather low...
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2009, 05:13 »

My preference would be to allow it to be used 2-3x/day rather than have a longer duration.  We'll see.  I have to hand it to Turril for all the timely updates recently.  I wrote out the XP bonus stuff and tested it one day and within 2 days he had run tests on it and it was in.  There have been a good number of things that have gone in to the point that we need just a little time to see how the effects of doing so will play out, but I'll add it to the list of thingys that are on my list of thingys... but don't worry, that's not a statement to blow off your comment or relegate it to some far distant point in time.  Afterall I'm building a Pally/CoT haha
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2009, 06:12 »

My Pally COT smiter was really good against evil period.   Uber uber good against evil in PVP and really good against evil in PVM...
Abimael
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2009, 14:01 »

Lol, yeah, as I said, I had some neat build ideas with a CoT  laugh

On another server I once played (and whose name I don't remember atm) they made Divine Wrath 3 times per day and duration as 2*CHA I think. That is also a good solution if you ask me, but still ties CoT to be used only some CHA based builds, which limits its use.

You guys are doing a great job. I especially loved the Cair Andros conquer for bonus xp, all high lvls will be fighting to death for that spot lol.

Keep up the good work. Smiley
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2009, 16:51 »

Wrath would be great if it was useable 2-3x a day and the duration was changed to match the War domain power of a cleric - 5 rounds + cha mod. That way builds with lower charisma, such as the rogue build could get by with 8 base cha and +12 from items...would still be 10 rounds of use at least twice a day.

And what about allowing Divine Shield to ALSO add shield ac for paladins that are either pure or say those with 35+ levels? I say that because for some reason (years beating up Gondor Knights) I just can't see a paladin being anything other than a dragqueen with a greatsword.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: