Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 17:37

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  "Why do YOU play?" - The Nep Report
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: "Why do YOU play?" - The Nep Report  (Read 49764 times)
Snake
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

When there is Light....There is Darkness.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 17 March 2009, 07:20 »

pink...you need a hug  Grin 

"If god wanted you to live, he wouldn't have created me."
klixon
Poster

ooooh... shiney things!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 17 March 2009, 12:23 »

please be so kind to STFU... if you wanna fight, use PM's.

If i'd have been a mod i'd lock this thread pronto...

jeez

Anything can be interpreted to mean anything.
Especially since it's the same word.
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 17 March 2009, 14:41 »

You are of course right Klixon, I will remove all my threads in this  Grin

Although i would like to point out that pink is of course wrong, Rabbac is a good mate of mine (infact i got the game off him when he quit) he lives nearby to me and sits in now and then when im playing. (sends his regards to all and smiles at being called a tool by yourself pinky, pot, kettle, black!).

I myself have had a few logins over the long years, Jimotec the 7th was the first one i used but theres been a few since then  Cool.

There you go, no more for me Klix i knew i shouldnt have bothered coming back to the forums.. it never amounts to anything other than bad feelings and a platform for the pedestal people  laugh 
« Last Edit: 17 March 2009, 14:46 by MasterThief » Logged
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 18 March 2009, 06:18 »

If you are a kettle i am a shiny cauldron.

And sure thing, rabbac is your friend.

Just like screaminsheets bought his computer from kermit...

Too bad Dr Phil doesn't go to scotland, i'd love to see that conversation.
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 18 March 2009, 10:01 »

Yawn, ok your right pink, does that make you feel better?

Ask Turril if your so concerned that i am Rabbac, as far as Rabbac knows he's not banned and welcome to play anytime he wants although he took the huff a bit about the changes to which he apologises, hes off designing a website atm. So why would he change his computer, his ip address and probably his cd key? Ive only got his original nwn disk and bought the add on's myself, i was on the acid rainhosting forums as Jimotec and my names Martin (his is Robert and yes both from Glasgow) check it out and stop being a pain you tool and go annoy someone else as your boring me now.

P.S. have fun talking to yourself im off the forums and onto the game, why not come and play, THEN your opinion might count for something (but i doubt it) Grin

Shins had it right, your Max in disguse (and twice as obnoxious, lol)
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 18 March 2009, 17:15 »

Seeing as this topic is already derailed, let's put this further along.  I am loathe to agree with you pinky, regardless of who's watching.  And not because you're reasoning is ever unsound.  Because more often than most people think, what you have to say has actual relevance.  The reason I dislike agreeing with you is because you have no sense of decorum, pinky.  You have no concept of how to phrase things so that people don't hate you.  And while that works for you just fine, some of us prefer diplomacy.  We, or at least I, think its a little better to address those very same issues you bring up without pissing off most of the people who read it.

We might share your feelings on many issues, but a public setting is NO PLACE for direct personal attacks.  Its no place for coming out and literally calling people names.

Its sad that you act the way you do sometimes, buddy.  'Cause all in all you're a good player.  You're knowledgeable, you tend to have the heart at mind.  Its just your method that bothers us.  You have no idea how often I've stuck up for you, and you probably will never care.  But enough is enough.  Grow up and learn to be civil with people.

You know, KK, for the most part I would live to agree with you.

But if you didnt notice the plug was pulled after normal friendly conversation.

Here is something nobody else really knows, something that I could never forget no matter how much I tried.

Roughly 3 months after I started playing at GvM i had a nice little monk toon that I ran around with. Just so happened that i ended up in mysterious catacombs with turril (on his lirrut account). After i figured out that u had to pp the key from the master, i smashed the urn....then I did 90% of the damage to the master to kill him. Guess who ran straight to the chests, grabbed the igms immune amulet, and then said "wow, just some useless rings lol". I didnt even know there was an amulet there until about 2-3 months later......which then totalled about 5 months of my monk getting owned my igms from mages. I had asked him about this later and he pretended to know nothing saying he just skimmed thru the chest and didnt notice.

Now on to Max and Zuck since both names were mentioned in this thread as well.

Very very few people will remember that Max was actually a decent guy for a long time. A bit power hungry and definitely moody about pvp, but all in all a good guy. Does anyone here remember when taht all changed? I do!

It was all about Zuck. See Zuck was a terd, plain and simple. He was a very abusive player that constantly twisted rules and then played dumb when faced with the facts (gee who woulda thought he was a lawyer in real life). If anyone was here 3-4 years ago they would remember quite a few threads in the acidrain forums debating the rules he had broken. His story would change constantly.

And then they made him a DM! Omg, an abusive player thta completely favored one side and had only been playing nwn for about 8 months (all on gvm). He had no clue what the game was about.

So then there was the day that tonoplast, Max, and myself were all about lvl 20ish running around int he Gondor party when one of the dastrions playing a Mordor jumped another Gondor in stingers. We responded and all 3 caught him in crossing of poros. Of course he ran and we pursued. Naturally with the 3 of us (all it would have taken was 1) he was at near death in seconds and then POOF...invulnerable! While invulnerable he managed to kill Max before Zuck ported the dastrion away to safety saying "lol cant let this happen" . Yeah, L  O  F'ing   L.

So afterwards there was no issue at first. Max was complaining in Gondor party that Zuck had pulled his shit and the 3 of us were standing in a corner of poros talking about it amongst ourselves in talk channel. Well apparently Zuck took offense that everyone in the party thought it was completely wrong and proceeded to scold us about how he was the DM and his authority needed to be respected. Which pissed Max off even more, myself as well as it was such a blatant act of favorite playing assholism.

A day or two later after Max had contacted other DM's (Joe/Ronin) is when Zuck started abusing us in game. He would use the "dm heal" option and debuff us while in the middle of fights in hopes of us dying to the mobs. I'd be in the middle of a fight with Voleur and all of the sudden in the combat log you would see Enmesarra heals 472 points, and all my buffs were stripped. Did it to me there, did it to me vs Ludgrund, did it to me in the temple as well. This went on FOR DAYS.

Meanwhile during this time Joe had approached me a few times asking me what had happened saying that Zuck had said a bunch of crazy shit thta didnt happen or wasnt said. So of course this is when another huge thread erupted in the acidrain forums about how he was a abusive dm. The thread was crazy...Zuck would respond to what max and i had said and would completely bust himself out...and then 3 hours after we typed back he would delete his posts so nobody else would see. Groothgar even got involved seeing as how at that time he was uber gungho about gvm. Grooth defended Zuck since he was also a dm....until he saw the posts Zuck had deleted and saw the screens of zuck abusing me. Hell, zuck is so dumb he was even telling someone else about doing it in a tell and mistakenly sent it to me instead.

So after all the chaos the DM's (Joe, useless Joe) decided that instead of admitting one of their own had done wrong it would be easier to just tell Max and myself to take a 2 week break and blame it on us. Not that I totally blame him, it would be hard to choose someone as a DM just to find out a few weeks later that you had made a horrible decision.After seeing this all go down Grooth was very very unhappy and actually used it as he basis for why he left the dm team. Who would want to be a productive dm amidst a group of corrupt power abusers? Did joe EVER do anything for GvM other than give himself uber items (like Olle) and do resets (like she should have been relegated to doint)? Nothing.

I didnt come back for a long time. During which Zuck decided he needed to atone for his mistakes and actually try to be a competent member of the dm team and started hosting events. Good for him, really. But he was still a turd up until the day he flaked out and left. I say that even after he sent me a pm on the forums saying he was sorry and that he he could have avoided the whole situation by making unbiased decisions.

After Zuck pulled his shit is when Max tripped out. He got banned because a dm abused him and he spoke up. Instead of actually looking into the situation and handling it correctly the other dms which couldnt be bothered to do anything other than resets just told him it was his fault. Would you play with a chip on your shoulder after that?

It all comes down to being ignorantly blissful. If you don't know you just don't know. If the actions that have been taken here are completely acceptable then so be it. But I feel for those that see it that way. While ignorance is bliss its no fun being a sheep amongst shepherds whether you realize it or not.
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 18 March 2009, 21:16 »

Zuck stripped you at Thrall too! Oh and that incident at MM, that was epic fail..
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 18 March 2009, 22:29 »

That's quite the nice story you have there, buddy.  Most of which I already knew from speaking and hanging out with you, Grooth, and yes, even Max.  I was around for Max being a good guy.  He's one of the reasons I stuck around this server - he helped me along in the early days.

What I can't quite figure out is your point in all of this...

Sure, I only saw the "good Zuck", but even if I knew about anything he did that was against the rules and corrupt, what's it have to do with anything now?

As far as Joe being less-than-useful, I think most people know that to be more or less true (let's just think to Vent conversations, eh?).  But again, what's it have to do with anything current?

I'm not sure how long this line of conversation is going to be allowed to continue, but if it manages to last a bit longer, I'd sure love to know the point behind it all?  Might make it a bit easier to understand your line of thinking this time around.

And if this is removed from public eyes, go ahead and shoot me a PM about it.  You know I'm always up for a good chat

notyou1
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 18 March 2009, 23:27 »

I wasn't here for most of that, or I was so new I had no idea what was going on, but I do remember CrunchyFrog. I believe that was the Max you speak of, and I do remember his outbursts in the shout channel....I guess thats when he had had enough.

However, I try not to dwell on the past whether its here or in real life. It's much better and healthier to remember the good things in life. LIFE IS JUST TOO SHORT FOR BS.
I remember when I first started and only had Gondor toons, one night several "primordial hobbits" appeared in Pellenor Fields. I think they were DM's but not sure. Well it was a lot of fun even though the "hobbits" were 20 levels higher and I died several times......what fun Smiley

KK I really like the way you express yourself. I believe you are a young man. You are very well spoken and impress me and the diplomatic method you speak of is very wise advice, but I'm not gonna forgive you for all the beatings you laid on my toons  Angry
« Last Edit: 18 March 2009, 23:32 by notyou1 » Logged
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 18 March 2009, 23:52 »

But again, what's it have to do with anything current?

I'm not sure how long this line of conversation is going to be allowed to continue, but if it manages to last a bit longer, I'd sure love to know the point behind it all?  Might make it a bit easier to understand your line of thinking this time around.

It all comes down to being ignorantly blissful. If you don't know you just don't know. If the actions that have been taken here are completely acceptable then so be it. But I feel for those that see it that way. While ignorance is bliss its no fun being a sheep amongst shepherds whether you realize it or not.
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 19 March 2009, 21:57 »

God love your arrogant ass Pink...lol I love reading your posts.  While you are a complete and total ahole..(and you know it) they are also pretty much on the mark.  I have been DM healed and didn't even know what that was...(a bit piss I didn't know then.)  DM's abuse power..DM's are people...is anyone suprised? 

KK Pink is trying to point out Turril isn't god's gift to GVM is all.  That he is human like all of us.  That he can be an asshole too.  Generally I think Turril is a very good guy. Doesn't have the thickest of skins maybe but a good guy.   

Pink is kind and generous but has no tolerence with stupidity and people who like to pretend they are smarter than him.  He lives to put people in their place. 

Didn't everyone know Master Thief was Rabbac???  It took me a couple posts to figure it out but that was pretty obivious I thought. 
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 19 March 2009, 22:50 »

I think the word which i hate to use applies here "WHATEVER" (there did it) if you think im rabbac fine (he a good mate anyway)..  Hmm, whos this then? (see below) and can i get Rabbacs stuff transferred to my toons?

From Acidrainhosting

Profile: Jimotec the 7th
Username:    Jimotec the 7th
Group:    New to the community New to the community
Account Status:    Active
Online Status:    Offline
Date of Birth:    Not Given
Homepage:    Not Given
Interests:    Gondor vs Mordor

Previous toons Ying and Yang, Deadly Spice and lots others with stupid names ..

I could get annoyed but hey im kind and generous, but I have no tolerence with stupidity and people who like to pretend they are smarter than me. I also live to put people in their place!

Grin
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 20 March 2009, 20:38 »

Hmm you could be who you say you are...I really dont care.  Your the one with the big mystery on who you were.   Roll Eyes  But I dont remember you or any of your toon names from looking at the AR forums.  Plus you played before I ever played on this server in 2005. I starting in late 2006.  But you remembered me...to me that equals Rabbac.  But if you chose to continue the charade so be it.

I really dont get you thinking I'm cool  not playing for 3+ years then making a dramatic entrance. Daring people to figure out who they were.  And IF they are wrong then rubbing there noses in it.....but as you say... WHATEVER. 
Snake
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

When there is Light....There is Darkness.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 20 March 2009, 22:46 »

can i play the game on figuring out who he is?...i think masterthief is actualy pinkpuff!  Grin

"If god wanted you to live, he wouldn't have created me."
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 21 March 2009, 05:22 »

I can vouch that Max was a good competitor and good player but seemed to fly off the handle too much.

I see the natural process that guys go thru as they learn to deal with tempers every week playing basketball.  Some dude maliciously hacks someone who stole the ball or gets bent out of shape for being mildly fouled themselves and then later realizes how competely inane their actions were and start to feel bad.  They make some apologies, shape up, and play nicer for a few weeks and then just about the time we've all forgot, they do it again. 

Over the years it only leads down two roads, either they finally make the conscious decision to have fun and play nice or they don't.  The ones who don't never show up anymore, guilty conscience or anger ruined their fun imo.  The ones who controlled themselves still show and we have a great time every time.

I personally have, in my lesser moments, yelled at a few over PvP or other crap but in 5 years or so have come a long way (I like to think).  I have punished and reprimanded a couple as a DM but learned fast that whether it's my responsibility to keep order or not, dropping the undisputable DM iron fist hasn't once produced a benificial outcome.  In fact, doing nothing other than talking to people and hearing them out whether right or wrong has accomplished exactly what I wanted nearly every time.  The funny thing is, that same DM iron fist that can cause so much torment and frustration is the same one that relevels broken toons, lends a free rez in a moment of bad luck, turns endless grinding in the crypts to a tooth and nail battle against fiends and a casual stroll thru Druadan into a bandit massacre.  Call it Terrorble philosophy  Grin

I feel bad knowing that Max had been victimized but if he really wanted to, I think he could have survived it.  Looks like Zuck's ego flare ruined the game for him as well.  Too bad, for the times I did talk to both I think they could have enjoyed much more time here than they did.
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 21 March 2009, 15:26 »

Maybe MasterThief is iteman!
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 21 March 2009, 16:58 »

Maybe MasterThief is iteman!

LMAO!  Tongue
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 21 March 2009, 17:21 »

I think its obvious that rabbac and masterthief are siamese twins, a real life ettin.

If I had to guess I would say that rabbac is the side that holds the spear, he is more to the point (and wears extra eyeshadow to distinguish himself)

And masterthief is the side with the club, a bit thick and not capable of doing much.

Man I wish Kermit could see this! I bet it would make his decade if he knew that he had rubbed off and blazed a trail for someone else to follow (even if it is just an identity crisis).
ShinsFortress
Poster

Beauty and the beast.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 21 March 2009, 18:55 »

I was around when Max was a dude.  And I was also around when Max was banned.  Unfortunately, I did not personally witness the actual handful of events that seem to have been part of the pivotal change.

Despite various criticisms of Max, I never once witnessed him using personal, racial, religious or sexual offensive swearing in public; which is something he was accused of, shortly before his ban.  It was also something that some of the other people used, and yet all continued to be allowed to play.   Does that mean he never ever mouthed off when he (felt) he was being victimised?  I can't say because I never saw it.  But even if he did, considering the amount I played back then I doubt it would have been very often if I didn't see it.

The point?  Points.  All subjective.
1) I missed Max not being on GvM anymore, more even than when Valeria Shade's player turned.  In a way I look at Max like a Capt. Jack Sparrow.  He (in-game Max) may not have been an entirely good guy always, but the world (GvM) is a little less bright without him being there.
2) I don't know all that actually happened in game back then when Max was shafted.
3) I also wasn't privvy to DM discussion that led to Max's ban.
4) Turril seems to be the least hands-off server boss I can remember.  Hand-on enough? Discuss.
5)a) If the server was mine to control, I would run it very (not slightly) differently.  Better?  *shrug*
5b) But it isn't.

Good luck to all the good guys and girls out there, in all things.

MORS VINCIT OMNIA
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 22 March 2009, 02:48 »

Despite various criticisms of Max, I never once witnessed him using personal, racial, religious or sexual offensive swearing in public; which is something he was accused of, shortly before his ban.  It was also something that some of the other people used, and yet all continued to be allowed to play.   Does that mean he never ever mouthed off when he (felt) he was being victimised?  I can't say because I never saw it.  But even if he did, considering the amount I played back then I doubt it would have been very often if I didn't see it.

The point?  Points.  All subjective.

Whether he truly did enough to deserve a ban or not, he was the cockroach in the middle of the kitchen floor when the lights when on.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 22 March 2009, 02:49 »

I was around when Max was a dude. 

Umm......

Is Max not a dude anymore? Cheesy

On a different note however i would like to point out Shins that I have always very much respected you even though we never shared mutual opinions on things that were debated on the GvM forums.

The FACT that you were always willing to speak up if you thought something wasn't right and willing to walk away if you felt it was ruined is exactly what i meant about knowing or not knowing. The sheep will continue to blindly follow the herd, the shepherds will move on.

And on an even different note. I could have sworn that the country I live in pretty much hated our last president because he was a fool that made too many bad decisions behind the scenes and then fully expected everyone else to just deal with it afterwards. Which is funny considering we also just went to war with another country because their dictator would pull the same type of crap.

I say that because i would be willing to bet my life this server was changed the way it was, in the manner it was, by people that openly denounced our previous president and the dictator of the country we trashed. Funny how we hate the people we resemble.

Its quite similar to the average redneck who sits on his couch laughing and calling his dog stupid for chasing his tail....and then sits there stupified for 4 hours watching NASCAR fools drive in circles.
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 22 March 2009, 06:14 »

Please please please dont tell me you just compared Bush to Hussein....
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 22 March 2009, 06:21 »

Hey now...

I call my dog silly for chasing his tail but I still run around in circles (albeit jumping over hurdles...but still) as my sport of choice...

What's that say about me?   huh

ShinsFortress
Poster

Beauty and the beast.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 22 March 2009, 11:11 »

Whether he truly did enough to deserve a ban or not, he was the cockroach in the middle of the kitchen floor when the lights when on.

If a cockroach is alright by CSI Grissom, it's alright by me.   Tongue

Umm......

Is Max not a dude anymore? Cheesy

Over here, we don't use that other context for meaning of "dude".  It's Bill & Ted's way all the way!

On a different note however i would like to point out Shins that I have always very much respected you even though we never shared mutual opinions on things that were debated on the GvM forums.

The FACT that you were always willing to speak up if you thought something wasn't right and willing to walk away if you felt it was ruined is exactly what i meant about knowing or not knowing. The sheep will continue to blindly follow the herd, the shepherds will move on.

*nod*

And on an even different note. I could have sworn that the country I live in pretty much hated our last president because he was a fool that made too many bad decisions behind the scenes and then fully expected everyone else to just deal with it afterwards.

Don't worry, our PM wasn't much more popular.  After all, he spent half his time kissing your president's arse (ass)!   Angry

BoT.  Things change.  I was once told, adapt/evolve or die.  Sometimes evolution is too slow to save something.  And it is both easier and more efficient to move to a nicer pasture.  Of course, your desert might my green green grass.

MORS VINCIT OMNIA
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 22 March 2009, 15:55 »

Ok I'm not going to waste peoples time but check these links out please... http://www.heritage.org/research/HomelandDefense/bg2085.cfm

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/updates/2008/11/10/report-bin-laden-may-be-planning-large-scale-terror-attack-against-us/

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
Jump to: