Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 04:09

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  server is acting weird
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: server is acting weird  (Read 4495 times)
Lief
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« on: 03 March 2009, 09:11 »

heya all,

For the last two hours or so, there has been some weird stuff happening, including:

1. Fiery death machine being located in two diff places;

2. Edoras guards and healing essence spawning in eastermet South, North, anorien east and fallen fields. They are not there since no NPC interact with them.

3. I got three msgs saying the same thing in the combat log window - some 103 problem about multiple IP accounts being logged in at the same time (did my account get hacked???);

4. I got booted several times right after killing something, whether a boss like celebrant commander or NPCsl; I was not afk at any point in time;

5. I could see, according to the player list, that Fiery Death Machine was standing near me, but in fact he was not;

6. I could see party msgs from Mordor players, but I was not in the Mordor party;

7. I got 6.516 gp from a party sell even though Nauneu was not in the Mordor party (and see #8 below);

8. I was online and killing NPCs and looting, but some of the other players could not see my in the player list; and

9. I logged on after being booted and I was not visible to myself (even if I hit the TAB key); and

10. I got an invitation to join a party from  .................... myself  Roll Eyes

ciao,

Lief
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2009, 13:38 »

There were issues like that the other night.  Someone's logging in from the same IP again.  icon_scratch

Nep
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2009, 14:04 »

I have a feeling there's going to be an Olle sticky post tittled:

"You stupid donkeys, here's how to change your port number so that you don't screw up the server!"
I'm sure it'll have plenty of nice emoticons in it as well...  theeye
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2009, 16:19 »

Many strange things happen when players share IPs and Ports. Even DMs are not immune to such oddities.  Shocked

The best thing that can be done when these things start happening is too find out who the players are. Explain it to them how to change thier port numbers.  evil5

The game would need to be rebooted still. Send me a PM if no Deputies are around.  icon_queen

Most of the time this is innocently done by new players, so be nice. If they've been around awhile, feel free to in some Corsairian words.  cussing

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2009, 20:46 »

y'know, df actually set it up so that when players log from the same IP that they get a floating message above their heads when they log in that tells them there is a problem.  there's a sign in the pocket as well that leads them to info about fixing it.  That's about all we can do but hopefully figure out who it is pretty quick.

For those who don't know... Go into your NWN directory, open nwnplayer.ini and about 20 lines down it says Client Port = 5120.  One of the ppl needs it to say 5121 or 5122 so it doesn't match the other machine behind their router.
MrCoffey1976

MMMmmmmmm.... donuts......

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2009, 21:20 »

I was probably one of the people causing the issues. Hopefully I've corrected the issue (as I pretty much do everything related to computer troubleshooting here in this house....) so I'm praying to however many deities are listening that I and my friends don't cause any more malfunctions.
notyou1
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 March 2009, 00:25 »

Wow, that was very big of you MrCoffey as you are tempting the fates admitting your culpability concerning this emotional issue. I'm impressed

I have a feeling there's going to be an Olle sticky post tittled:

I'm sure it'll have plenty of nice emoticons in it as well...  theeye

Olle. you need more emotes in your response please.
 Lips Sealed
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 March 2009, 00:05 »

The new update today   disabling epic spells being cast to sequencers has stoped epic spells from working....   Just a heads up
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 March 2009, 12:57 »

epic spell of toon doesnt work...
but epic spell of mob are working...

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 March 2009, 22:39 »

Transitions to enter Cair Andros from Anduin East/West of Cair Andros are not working (my bad probably, but they work the other direction).  All other transitions within appear to be working... the monsters are getting hungry.
Aldenar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2009, 15:57 »

Both of my Epic summon spells are not working.. no mummy or dragon
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 March 2009, 22:57 »

epic summons are working, but ther is a trick (  i already tested in server today)  u need to target urself when u cast it, there is a line in the spell script that needs fixing ( i just need to find/fix it) but otherwise shoudl work fine
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 March 2009, 06:16 »

Wouldnt it be easier to just throw in a script that punts a 2nd person using the same ip/port than to have issues when people do it?
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 March 2009, 23:40 »

it would except then it doesn't allow people to play from the same location.  I don't know if there is a way to also check what port they use, if that is done and they are the same it would be appropriate to boot one. 

Transitions to Cair Andros are functional.  Tx.
ManiacK
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Builder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 March 2009, 10:50 »

Still if you boot people the harm is probably already done, and they don't see the message appearing leaving them with absolutely no idea why they were kicked.

<1> please tell me if there's any way to check if a table exist in mysql database
<2> if (mysql_query('DROP TABLE table_name')) echo "table existed";
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: