Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 14:48

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Specialty Builds  |  Useless
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Useless  (Read 4156 times)
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« on: 05 March 2009, 22:02 »

So with all of the changes to the classes nobody has a build that is effective? Do I , a person that doesn't even play here anymore, have to be the one to start posting good builds?

Is the current group of elite players really that greedy?
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2009, 20:29 »

I don't think its about greed at this point in time. Right now that include the vets they are trying several builds to see what works with all the changes. The only lvl 40 toons i see on are sorc/pally's or bg's. I think Bugar is a barb. Thats about it. I'm sure once everyone figures what builds work on the new mod postings will sprout up.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2009, 22:58 »

I'm sure everyone wants to wait another 2 years for the bugs to be worked out and for it to be fun again.
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2009, 15:41 »

MasterThief, what pinky is trying to get at is that since the wipe there have been no posts of new build types.  Its not a bout an "ego trip" concerning his "build prowess".  Sure, a bit of sounds a tad pretentious, but he's trying to rib people into posting worthwhile builds that have relevance with regard to certain class changes.

That being said, he could phrase it better...but such is life

bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2009, 18:55 »

Actually, if you take a look at the enormous amount of "old" builds that has been posted you'll see that even with the changes a lot of them are still very strong and effective to play.. You'll recognize them quickly: not much item dependencies (like FoN, accu etc.) means you're a go..

Personally i've started out straight after the whipe with two non-sorc, non-dragoon toons.. One is based on the always-sturdy bard-pm-rdd, but i've added some changes to it and replaced a class. The other is the dex-based pal-sorc-sd that i've posted a LONG time ago and seemed nice to make now. Only change needed was a lot more points into discipline, since there's a lot of KD in spawns nowadays, but apart from that it's unchanged and working out fine so far.

So i guess it's not greed at all from the build-builders.. It's just that if somebody is unable to take the ample amount of great templates already available and make minor adjustments to make them work in the new ruleset, then probably it doesn't matter what build they play: they'll suck at all of them  laugh Tongue
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2009, 01:29 »

I don't know if you take pleasure in beeing randomly mean or if that is the only way you know to make your points , but you indeed have one.

In my opinion, a great part of the fun in NwN comes from building and exploring the system to minimize weak points and adapt to stuff you have at your disposal, so generally I try to point out general building tips like leveling order and  class combos, reasoning why those choices are better, whenever people ask for my opinion on their ideas.

Anyway, I'll throw some ideas I've been having lately - with my limited time now, it is very unlikely that I'll be able to make them anyway.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: