Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 14:39

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Spellcaster Builds  |  Human Druid 32/ Monk6/ sd2
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Human Druid 32/ Monk6/ sd2  (Read 4172 times)
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« on: 10 March 2009, 20:21 »

This is my hag of harad build it is primarily a caster but she can shift to ele form for mele.

str 8 dex 14 con 14 wis 16/{32} int 14 cha 8 all ability points from leveling to wis.
lvls 1-21 all druid
lv.1] dodge   mobility
lv.3] spell focus evoc.
lvl6] grtr. sp. fc. evo.
lvl 9] empower spell
lv.12]maximize spell
lv15]spell focus transmutation   {this is to help out the dc of drown and stone hold 2 very efective spells}
lv18]blind fight   {this is good defensively as well as helping out when fighting in ele form}
lv21]gr. wis 1 ..... monk lvl disc max hide ms  listen and tumble each monk lvl
lv.22            ...... sd lvl max  hide ms  listen 20 to search and tumble {my buid wears a wis + helm and removing it screws up my spells so I only equip a belt to search.}
lv.23 druid
lv.24 druid.... gr. wis 2
lv.25 druid
lv. 26 druid gr wis 3
lv.27 monk
lv.29 druid gr wis 4
lv.30  druid
lv31 druid
lv32{ sd lvl} gr wis 5 
lvl33 monk
lvl 34 monk
lvl 36 druid gr wis 6 
lv37 druid
lvl 38 monk
lvl 39 druid  gr wis 8 have spell craft at 40 { to give save vs spell bonus}
lvl 40 monk 

I want 6 monk lvls to keep the ac. nice and high and give 6 stunning fists at a ludicrous dc a water elemental stun fist from stealth is very nasty and the only sure defence is 10 pm lvls also get the 2nd teir monk speed   which is handy for a hipsing caster who needs to be mindfull of the hips timer.

The only haste currently available is from items I use 2 horsehair belts and 2 sand walker sandals the horse hairs get quick slots which is anoying for a caster

very high dc sunbursts blind most opponents npc and player alike
 druids can empower fire storms for about 80 fire and 80 divine each casting also it hurts only hostiles. no save for the divine portion.

call lightning is maxed at 15 d6 electric damage now so its very punishing for some foes and hurts only hostiles.

drown is not stoped by any immunity items or spells a great opener vs casters and dexers with a 40 dc at lvl 39-40
 a high dc on stone hold forces a will save or be paralyzed it is less effective now pvp since many players have fredom items equiped but still great vs monsters.

pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2009, 17:26 »

Cast the druid wisdom boosting spell and u can switch out items without losing slots.
BaaRamYou
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2009, 05:53 »

Unless something has changed, firestorm has rolls on both its fire and divine portions. Worse still, if the first roll is evaded, the 2nd roll is auto-evaded.

Same goes for sunburst: reflex vs damage, then vs blind, so builds with evasion have 2 chances to avoid the blind.

If firestorm can still hit for 80+80 though, then
http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm1/wiki/index.php/Firestorm
isn't working.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2009, 10:42 »

I glanced at the script, looks like you're right.  It rolls a save for both parts.  If you take 0 from the fire due to evasion then the divine part is not applied whether you made or failed that save.  I guess that explains why I see double saves in the log for sunburst.
Qnevven_Zolond
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2009, 14:17 »

I thought we had the saves for firestorm customized long time ago so that the save against divine was rolled first and only then was the reflex save vs fire (to have a chance to deal that divine damage to people with imp evasion)
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2009, 16:11 »

I thought so too but I am not sure how its working now...    it dose eithe rfire or divine or both or neither now so it is likely seperate reflex saves   in mod currently
Qnevven_Zolond
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2009, 15:41 »

there are seperate rolls for both types of damage - but unfortunatelly they are both reflex saves so evasion/imp. evasion builds will walk unharmed

first roll is reflex vs divine, then next one is reflex vs. fire... the damage is reversed (first fire, then divine)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: