Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 07:35

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Blinding Speed: solution for haste-hungry ppl?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Blinding Speed: solution for haste-hungry ppl?  (Read 4718 times)
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« on: 18 March 2009, 00:47 »

So... I was just trying on my test module a dexer I have on mind when that feat popped out and then I had that idea: how about it "enhancing" that feat's effects so that it can allow casting of haste based on some yet-to-discussed criteria? For example, It could allow haste 1 round /HD.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Is it even possible to alter that feat properly lol Tongue
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2009, 06:14 »

Every feat can be altered, even dev crit. Everything that is hardcoded can still be scripted to work differently.

And no it doesn't require an os other than windows. Just need access to a scripter skilled enough to do it.

No haks required either...

The server i play on has dev crit only allowed when an npc is at 25% or less health (can get higher % thru wm lvls) and Blinding speed is rescripted for 7 dodge ac, an extra attack, and haste for the duration which is based upon your dex mod.

Other feats like divine wrath/might/shield have all been rescripted to do different things or have more uses per day.

It can all be done, with no changes to the server itself.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2009, 17:44 »

Read the server changes sign in erus It says blinding speed now lasts 10 rds +rg +sd + rngr + aa + ftr + bard lvls   so it could last for 50 rds now......     However i have a lvl 26 rg lvl 13 sd  who has the feat and gets the mesage haste 46 rds in the battle log but it still lasts only 10 rds :{
« Last Edit: 18 March 2009, 17:49 by Endlessorrow » Logged
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2009, 19:45 »

I'll look at that later Endless, tx for heads up.  Though I didn't pass that script along without testing it with a timer on a couple different builds and was sure it was working then.  Seems all messed up

locmer
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2009, 23:20 »

Though that's a good change on that feat which might actually make it useful.

So cheers on the change guys, good work (if and when it will work  wink)

And thanks for initially posting this thread Ab.
That feat needed some fixing, so thumbs up for that idea!

Cheers Loc

The biggest risk is not taking one.
Abimael
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2009, 23:54 »

Ty for the information Endless, really should pay more attention on those signs heh.

Anyway, good idea you guys had. Maybe it could use some powering up like pink suggested but I'm pretty satisfied in knowing that its duration is proportional to class lvls  laugh . By the way, does Weapon Master counts on that duration?

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2009, 00:57 »

Well I tested what I have and it works so either I sent the wrong thing or it is messed up in online play :/  I'll try to get it going asap.  Sorry, lots of effort to make things work the first time but I am gaining appreciation for how hard that can be.

Endless, are you sure it reported 46 rounds?  With 13SD and 26Rogue it should have reported 49 rounds.  That part confuses me.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2009, 01:53 »

Read the server changes sign in erus It says blinding speed now lasts 10 rds +rg +sd + rngr + aa + ftr + bard lvls   so it could last for 50 rds now......     However i have a lvl 26 rg lvl 13 sd  who has the feat and gets the mesage haste 46 rds in the battle log but it still lasts only 10 rds :{

Why would it be scripted to only have good duration with certain classes? I'd think it would be 1 rd/hd without restriction. Why would a weaponmaster, assassin, or a dex based barbarian be excluded?
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2009, 04:11 »

Yeah sorry terrorble the toon is 23 rg 13 sd   not 26/ 13 and the battle log reads.....

"Toons name" becomes fast as lightning
   Blinding speed duration 46 rds
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2009, 05:24 »

tbh I don't have *strong reasoning for selecting only the classes that I did and a correction:  AA is not on the list but assassin is.

Barbarians have their natural speed + rage speed increases, monks have speed as is, AA is often coupled with those classes or caster classes that cast it, etc.  WM I agree was overlooked (and PDK lol). 

1round/HD unrestricted, what do we think?
Abimael
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2009, 16:10 »

dex barbs wont have ab as high as the str due to their lack in str to take mighty rage and thundering rage - although they might get it from other class combinations.

making a dex wm trades damage for ac. might bring some very strong builds based on that (generally ab+ac is better than ab+dmg)

if bigby's continue to be a str check spell, balance should be maintained Tongue
locmer
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2009, 21:26 »

1round/HD unrestricted, what do we think?

First I agree with Pink on better duration for certain classes.
Doesn't seem fair for a certain class to have more advantage from a feat like blinding speed then any other.
Though for some classes this feat might still be useless, merely because they can simply cast the spell to get the effect.

1 round / HD sounds good initially, but I wonder if this will take the haste items on the server out of the picture.

Don't know if this is the solution but what about:

10 rounds + 1/2 HD unrestricted?

This way the feat ain't as strong as the spell from casters.
Though it's better then items, it's not so strong that it would make items obsolete.
I understand of course that this feat requires high dex and so not all builds could benefit from this feat and so for those other builds these items will still be valuable.

Just talking about general perspective here regarding haste items

Can't wait for the outcome. Blinding Speed deserves more then it is now  wink

Cheers Loc

The biggest risk is not taking one.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2009, 23:36 »

It is an epic feat which is precious for any build and only 1x/day so some builds I think will still opt for items.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 May 2009, 03:11 »

Duration 1 round per highest class level (no class restrictions, a dex build is a dex build imo)

+1 dodge ac per every 8 of the highest class level

+1 attack at 20 class levels, +2 at 40 (pure)

10% conceal granted per every 8 of the highest class levels

Haste effect too..

With this scaling system the feat would be very very good for a pure build or with very high levels in a single class. For example..

Pure 40 rogue (any pure dex build) would get +5 dodge ac, 2 attacks, 50% conceal, and haste for 40 rounds (4 minutes)

32 rogue/7wm/1sd (or 33rog/6ftr/1sd) would get 4 dodge ac, 1 extra attack, 40% conceal, and haste for 32 rounds (3 minutes, 12 seconds real time)

12fighter/25wm/3rogue would get 3 dodge ac, 1 extra attack, 30% conceal, and 25 round haste (2 1/2 minutes)

20monk/19rogue/1sd would get 2 dodge ac, 1 extra attack, 20% conceal, and 20 round haste (2 minutes)

Again, nothing too overpowering. Could even make it dispellable and count the highest class level as the caster level. Maybe do away with the conceal as added dodge ac should probably be enough.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: