Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 02:58

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Why dont YOU play?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why dont YOU play?  (Read 6122 times)
CARNAGE
Developer
Poster

Plays: Against monsters

View Profile
« on: 21 March 2009, 21:55 »

Well i still play even though i hade a long break and are busy with some other projects.
Ive played here for quite long time and miss some old players i would like to call friends, ingame that is:)

So......

1-Where have  you all gone, come back to forum atleast?

2-Why dont you play?

3-You play nwn at all now days?

4-Are you unhappy about changes made in mod?

5-Are you glad that they finally made some drastical changes to mod?

6-What would make you come back and play again?

Would be great to see some answers here and please dont point fingers to any one, just give simple honest answers on the questions and if for some reason you have to name some one just mark with xxxxxx insted.

I just wanna say that i have hade my best and funiest experiences playing nwn on this mod. Grin
« Last Edit: 22 March 2009, 19:10 by CARNAGE » Logged
Snake
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

When there is Light....There is Darkness.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2009, 23:37 »

1. In between heaven and hell

2. nwn is boring...

3. Nope

4. no

5. yes

6. when gvm3 is created on either nwn3 or dragon age  Grin

"If god wanted you to live, he wouldn't have created me."
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2009, 03:05 »

1 - Around.
2 - No longer worth my time.
3 - Yes, a very different server.
4 - Yes/No - Horrid changes forced upon players is always bad - but gives me good reason to walk away.
5 - No. There is a difference between drastic changes and a NEW mod. GvM was taken from us and replaced by someone else's idea of what nwn should be.
6 - Nothing.
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2009, 06:24 »

1. Live
2. Starting over made me want to poke my eyes out.  Wasting hours and hours to get items to be effective enough to play correctly didn't seem worth it....again.
3.  Nada
4. Yes
5. not much but I was surpised a couple of level 40's weren't given to people.  Esp. to donors of the server.

Side note...this post is a waste of time the powers that be will not listen.  because they are never wrong.
ShinsFortress
Poster

Beauty and the beast.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2009, 18:13 »

Slight exagerration there Charliebucket!   police

Anyways....

1)  Early middle age.  Recently married.  SE England, UK.  Advanced career.  ...  Define "where".

2)  a) Increasing focus on PvP (PvP is fine if you like, but it's not my *main* focus).
     b) Resurgence of poor conduct (especially by players).
     b) Poor enforcement.
     c) A couple other reasons that are possibly 'flammable' and I think not good to mention here.

3)  Yes (not GvM).

4)  Some of them.

5)  Yes.  I might not like where GvM has ended up, but the figures speak for themselves.  There are (last time I looked) more people online than before the wipe.

6)  Demonstrably more effective enforcement, less emphasis on PvP, less (not none!) work on balancing classes*, more work on keeping items in check, and one or two other things.  In short, several things that I think have little or no chance of changing in a direction I would prefer.

*  Personally, I don't mind Mages having the edge over warriors.  I think they are more complicated to play, so there's a payoff.  As for PvP, if I play a mage and win, less kudos for me.  If I play a warrior, more.  <expletive deleted> to PvP stats, just play the game and enjoy each fight on a fight-by-fight basis.

MORS VINCIT OMNIA
CARNAGE
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2009, 19:15 »

Shins i updated the question.

There is a reason i asked these questions, a reason i will tell about later but first of all i would like to see many and i mean MANY replys to this post Grin
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2009, 20:42 »

Well then.

I would still play IF...

My character vault wasn't empty.

There were no Devs with personal agendas or the inability to listen.

The new scripts were something special and not a download from the vault.

PVP wasn't always the main focus.

The community was more than just a handful of "Yes Sirs"

The server was actually worth donating to.

The point of playing was to actually get into and conquer either Gondor or Mordor

There were no devs that would simply laugh when you say something has gone too far or is too hard

Any MAJOR changes that were to be made would be announced prior and either voted upon or suggestions taken

Basically I would come back and play if it was GvM again, like back in the time when it was Arwen, hfodf, ronin, and aleph being the people who made the final decisions. The server was fun then. I enjoyed logging in and talking to them, versus logging in and dreading even seeing their text or what kind of crap they will pull.

The fun stopped when all sorts of things were being added in that obviously weren't tested or approved by anyone other than the person who put it in. The mummy....tensers at first.....barbarians with 10 attacks using 1 weapon....clerics getting 2 more attacks with divine power....static 74 ab fighters....  Everytime something was added to "balance" the classes the overall balance was thrown even further into chaos. Insane areas with insane items were added in, and the end result was a wipe. Which I'm sure will be amazingly successful with the exact same people managing post wipe as the ones who allowed it to spiral out of control pre wipe.

Carnage if you want to put up your GvM or another mod that you made just make sure you do one thing. Listen to the players and never be a dictator unless you want a server full of "yes sirs" and other mindless sheep. If you want to have a successful server you will need players that aren't afraid to say your hard work is junk regardless of how hard you worked on it. If you dont ask for suggestions or keep players updated on what you are doing don't be surprised when not many people are happy with what you have done, especially if they donate. But then again you can always fall back on the people with low expectations, they will always be around as long as some sort of similarity remains.

pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2009, 20:49 »

<expletive deleted> to PvP stats, just play the game and enjoy each fight on a fight-by-fight basis.

I agree with this completely as well. Pvp stats are a bit stupid to me, just another way to make one small facet of the game seem as tho its the most important. Not to mention how absolutely horrible they currently look with all sorts of ridiculous complications and loopholes. Its a pvp sheet for a freaking game server, not the preface to a manual on quantum physics.

Thats another thing Carnage, dont try to appear crazy intelligent on forums where you have hours to type something up and make it look good and then in game only use terms like "lol". Appearances are a good thing, don't allow yourself to look like a fool.
{AR}SkeeJ2
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 March 2009, 23:48 »

I've come up with more reasons why I don't wanna play, and just deleted it.

My first reason is a lot of people I knew left.

The second reason is all the changes, I actually liked the imbalance. I liked fighters, and liked trying to do stuff with them even tho they were underpowered. I think all the changes were unnecessary.

When Digger left I didn't find it as much fun. When Ghost left, I really didn't like that either. He was really cool, he didn't log on that much but he was awesome. Then when Rade left, I just didn't want to play anymore.

So, that's why I'm not playing.

If Rade came back I'd probably play.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Stephen Hawking
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 March 2009, 21:39 »

Not answering the questions one-by-one, but just a short synopsis of my experiences:

-I played here for a long time and had great fun, both with the world as it was presented and the players found there.
-I left because of time constraints
-I returned just before the wipe, because I just couldn't help myself  Grin
-After the wipe it seemed nice to help the server get "back on its feet" so to speak.. In my opinion a server needs a nice supply of lvl 40s showing off nice gear and farming.. I can't explain why.. It's just a nice atmosphere. I always liked talking about the hard bosses we could go kill for those uber-items! And the 4 lvl 40s raiding a city while some of the higher lvl chars of the other side would hurry to kick us out again!
- Now I have a lvl 32 and a lvl 20 (resp. Mordor and Gondor) and I find the world MUCH harder to beat! For now I still experience this difficulty as fun.. But my lvl 40 had better whoop some serious ass once he makes final lvl  Cool laugh If he wont I'll probably stop playing. I'm not a lazy player (I think) but you have to be able to feel the satisfaction following your hard work instead of still getting a beating every time..

General remarks:
- I agree with Skeevy that imbalance never bothered me much. The fun of finding builds that would work with the right set of uber-items was ample compensation. And if I really was bothered with somebody pvping me I would simply log one of my own cheat-builds (I call every overpowered build a cheatbuild  Cheesy, dragons, shieldmages etc) and return the favor.
- I like a lot of the changes made to certain classes, although I think some of them may be a bit over the top.. You can see which of them are over the top by looking at the builds that are currently being built. But hey! Who cares as long as I'm having fun??
ManiacK
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Builder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 March 2009, 10:47 »

- I'm still somewhat alive at the forums
- time and interests have shifted somewhat
- Nope
- I think the changes brought positive as well as negative changes to the module, but you can't please everyone.
- It is a new challenge to try and create the best build possible, the old GvM was pretty much established which builds performed pretty well.
- More time on my side probably.

<1> please tell me if there's any way to check if a table exist in mysql database
<2> if (mysql_query('DROP TABLE table_name')) echo "table existed";
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2009, 16:22 »

Any one esle realize if there isn't a flame war going on the boards are completely dead... offtheair offtheair  The last couple of nights I saw 6, 4, and 4 people on the server... hiding
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2009, 17:36 »

I would rather just play than post on the forums, starts off constructive then gets abusive   Cry most of the people i see online never post anyway, wise policy  Grin

Numbers have been a bit quiet over the last few days (bout 10 on last night at its peak) not bad at the week-ends though.
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 March 2009, 12:52 »

because we are working to earn our life.... and because of some stupid people (who have played with virtual money) we must work far away from our house....
but week end coming soon  Cheesy
last week end to improve my pvp stats, so beware gondies, I will be back (6 hour to wait now)....

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
CARNAGE
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 March 2009, 13:19 »

Thats another thing Carnage, dont try to appear crazy intelligent on forums where you have hours to type something up and make it look good and then in game only use terms like "lol". Appearances are a good thing, don't allow yourself to look like a fool.

Please enlighten me some more what you mean?
Yoe seem to be very fast in judging people you dont know?

Just as info though, i have 6 children where 2 is old enough to do everything them self and the other 4 needs my attention quite often. Ingame for me means i have to run away from comp instantly now and then and i dont spend to much time in chatting, aspecially not now when i wanted to start some new toons again and my time are very limited as i have some other projects going on to. Last 4 weeks i have suffered from a broken arm and offcourse my main one haha, in those 4 weeks ive been quite busy in toolset as i really love using it:) Im shite at scripting though but my dear friend ManiacK helpes me a little:) Took the damn stuff of the arm yesterday so now we will see

Seee yas
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 March 2009, 13:24 »

No no, you are fine Carnage. Was referring to how a couple noobs around here act, avoid looking like them  Smiley
CARNAGE
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 March 2009, 16:04 »

Ok thanks hehe

For info i have tried to get in contact with rade, so rade if you see this throw me a pm.

Please post more comments around the questions i made in the begining of this subject.
Feel free to make other comments and ideas to on why you dont play.

Have fun all
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: