Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 17:34

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Melee Builds  |  Elf Monk 9/Cleric 26/5 SD
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Elf Monk 9/Cleric 26/5 SD  (Read 4179 times)
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« on: 25 March 2009, 20:58 »

Since I saw no Cleric/monk builds here, I'll post one. Tongue

There are many ways to level and build up such popular combo, this is just one of them

Starting ability point:  10/16/12/16/14/8

1   Mnk   Blind Fight
2   Clr      
3   Mnk   Weapon Finesse
4   Clr      
5   Mnk   
6   Clr   Extend Spell
7   Clr      
8   Clr   
9   Clr   Weapon Focus(W)
10   Clr      
11   Clr   
12   Clr   Improved Critical(W)
13   Clr   
14   Clr   
15   Clr   Dodge
16   Clr   
17   Clr   
18   Clr   Mobility
19   Clr   
20   Mnk   (Dump Disc)
21   SD   Epic Weapon Focus(W)
22   SD   (Dump in Tumble)
23   SD      
24   SD   Epic Prowess
25   SD   
26   Clr   
27   Clr   Great Dex I   
28   Clr   
29   Clr      
30   Clr   Great Dex II
31   Clr   
32   Clr   *Armor Skin
33   Clr   ??? Epic Skill Focus: Discipline
34   Clr   
35   Mnk   (Dump Disc, Tumble)
36   Mnk   Great Wisdom I
37   Mnk      
38   Mnk      
39   Mnk   Epic Dodge
40   Clr   *Great Wisdom II

*Cleric Bonus Feats
??? "Free Feats", choose what you like
(W) is either Kama or unarmed

Extra Ability Points: All into DEX
Skills: Concentration 30, max Discipline, max Listen/Spellcraft, 40 Tumble; rest between MS & Hide

*62 AB ( bab[25] + dex_mod[15] + magic[18] + feats[4] )   

*26 cleric levels will make you almost immune to dispelling. Only mages with +20 casters levels will be able to do that. Yes, they are going to be your weak point

*Unarmed monks may consider doing a 16 Monk/19 Cleric/5 SD for better unarmed damage. The tradeoff is that you will now you'll be easier to get dispelled.
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2009, 10:09 »

Hope you dont mind a couple of suggestions.

A slight problem (or maybe not) is that you will get an xp penalty throughout the entire build I would go either a human (extra feat and more skill points) or half-elf (noone ever picks them!) but you might have to start your con at 10 to get 16 wis, 16 dex and 14 Int.

With the changes to hips (timer) and divine power being in incriments of 7 a spread of 10 sd (hips at will) 28 cleric (get you +4 with DP) and 2 monk (1 at lvl 6 or seven to get sd prerequisits and 1 at 37 to max disc etc)

You miss out on a couple of monk feats but you get all the sd ones. If you bump up you dex and leave your wis at 16 until you get 25 dex (2 great dex at 21 and 24) you will get epic dodge at 27 (the earliest) on the server at the moment 39 might be a long haul  Smiley. I would normally kick up my wis to min 20 (using 2 cleric bonsus feats and 2 ability points) and would hope to finish dex on around 28 at least.

Monk gloves do about as much damage as any other weapon (in a dexers hand anyway) but keep a kama handy for alternative damage (you can also wear bracers of dex or balanced hands if you want to dual wield). I would also not bother with esf discipline or epic prowless and take 2 grt dexs instead for more ac and ab.

I started a 1 sd 4 monk and 35 cleric to get the full cleric spells (no epic dodge though) but i kind of abandonded it because of the amount of NPC's with dispell though i will probably go back to it as it is a strong build in the end.  Grin

Anyway just a couple of suggestions, i really should post some builds, doing a str based halfling rogue 25 sd 1 and 14 fighter with the hope she can hips in full plate and small shield (with a ton of skill points to be the complete rogue  Smiley) should be interesting!

Anyway hope you dont mind the input  Grin
« Last Edit: 26 March 2009, 10:23 by MasterThief » Logged
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2009, 10:55 »

Incase that doesnt really make much sense.. something like this.

Human or half-elf  Neutral

Str 10
Dex 16
Con 10
Wis 16
Int 14
Cha 8

1.   Cleric (1) –  Dodge (if human you get extra feat)
2.   Cleric (2)
3.   Cleric (3)– Weapon Finesse
4.   Cleric (4)(dex 17)
5.   Cleric (5)
6.   Cleric (6) –  Mobility
7.   Monk (1)
8.   SD (1) (dex 18)
9.   Cleric (7) – Ext Spell
10.   Cleric 8
11.   Cleric (9)
12.   Cleric (10) – WF Unarmed (dex 19)
13.   Cleric (11)
14.   Cleric (12)
15.   Cleric (13) - Bfighting
16.   Cleric (14) (dex 20)
17.   Cleric (15)
18.   Cleric (16) Toughness
19.   SD (2)
20.   SD (3) – (Dex 21)
21.   SD (4) – Great Dex (22)
22.   SD (5)
23.   SD (6)
24.   SD (7) – Dex 23 Great Dex 24
25.   SD 8
26.   SD (9)
27.   Cleric (17) – EWF (unarmed)
28.   Cleric (18) – Dex 25
29.   Cleric (19)
30.   SD (10) – Epic Dodge
31.   Cleric (20)
32.   Cleric (21)– (wis 17)
33.   Cleric (22)- Grt wis (18)
34.   Cleric (23)-
35.   Cleric –(24)  (great wis 19)
36.   Cleric – (25) Grt dex (26)
37.   Monk (max skills)
38.   Cleric – (26)
39.   Cleric – (27) Great dex 27
40.   Cleric (28) – Grt wis (20) dex (28)

Sorry im at work and that is off the top of my head (best check it in builder first) but it maybe more playable 1-40 you sacrifice the higher lvl cleric spells in order to get a better defence early on but if you think of lvl 30 (31-40 is a real grind) then you toon will be 10 sd 19 cleric (ok only 16 wis though) and 1 monk it’s a pretty balanced toon at that lvl.

I would suggest travel (haste) and maybe healing (and harm) as domains. You could swap the 1st lvl of monk to lvl 1 (gives you more skill points) and cross class tumble, ms and hide about lvl 12 ish on a cleric lvl… doesn’t really matter as long as you have 1 monk 10 sd and 19 cleric by lvl 30 to get epic dodge.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2009, 12:41 by MasterThief » Logged
Abimael
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2009, 12:40 »

There's no great benefit of getting 28 clr lvls instead of 26 - the next extra feta would be at 29 and any mage with Mordor disj would dispel you anyway.

The problem I see with your suggestion is that you'll spend 20 lvsl without any increase in discipline, and nowadays it is fatal. Trade 2 clr lvls for 2 monk so you can distribute it properly and you're fine.

I realized after I posted the build you don't need to get 5 sd straight, it's better to take 2 and start leveling as cleric to get the extra 2 wis asap. That way you'll be able to get to 8th lvl spells faster, and there's a reason why I say that...

The toon I'm making got war domain, and thatis because of 2 reasons: 1st, imp invis can be cast from items like ghost sash, and second war gives cats grace and aura of vitality. Using both can raise your dex  by at least 6, and with bull's str you can also buff your str by at least 6, so you only need to have +6 str and +6 dex from items to max both stats, which makes easier to max the other important stats which is wis (remember unarmed monks got serious problems with stat maxing because you lose arm, shield and weapon slots) .

Also, War Domain power can give you at 40 +6ab/dmg for 1 min, which is lovely since d power has been nerfed.
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2009, 13:02 »

The benefit of 28 cleric lvls is that Divine power has been changed goes up in lvls of 7 e.g. 7, 14, 21, 28 (your build would only get +3) but thats only personal choice you could change it to 4 monk (help with skill dumps) 10 sd and keep 26 cleric (obviously for the basic sr toolset). Although i would still go 10 lvls of sd rather than 9 monk and 5 sd to get epic dodge with 12 rather than 14 lvls leaving a nice balance.

Oops an oversite on the bonus lvls thought it was 4 but it is 3. Disipline isnt really a problem since your hipsing anyway but these suggestions were only from experience of alot of monk combos, i think you have to be building for lvl 30 as by that time you would have to be a solid build (10 sd 1 monk 19 cleric with epic dodge), you would have 5sd (timer which is a pain) 4 monk and 21 cleric and no skill dump between 20 - 35 anyway.

I would agree with your choice of war domain as aura and cats is important (and i took it in my build). Like I say im at work, hope you dont think im critizising you or putting down your build if you want me to remove my threads please say. War domain effect isnt that useful, it only lasts a couple of rounds and is only once a day, but as you say the extra spells are essentail.

Like i say i prefered the alternative of 10 sd because hipsing on a timer is a pain and sd's get some decent feats (shadow evade helps with ac). 39 is way to late to take epic dodge imho and you do get the important buffing spells from cleric with 16 wis and the duration of them is good anyway until you get your higher lvl spells late on. (which arent that useful considering you dc's arent up to much). At the very least i would consider going human/half-elf i would hate to think how long lvling would take otherwise  Azn
« Last Edit: 26 March 2009, 13:17 by MasterThief » Logged
Abimael
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2009, 14:30 »

I don't mind any criticism, in fact, that is very good to happen since you can make a lot of different combos with cleric/sd/monk Smiley

I personally don't take 10 sd because I see monk/cleric as high ab/ac dex tanks and not sneaks. In my proposition, there's some lack of skills points to spare into hide/ms so it would only become useful for escaping of bad situations and getting some surprise stunning attacks. Of course, you could trade the listen for maxing both skills - adapt to the taste of the player, so to speak.

And never underestimate the power of +20 ab for 1 min, especially when pvping ...  Grin
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2009, 15:01 »

Lol fair enough ill try to avoid you for that 1 min  Cheesy.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: