Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 06:16

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Spell Changes - Cleric
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spell Changes - Cleric  (Read 3688 times)
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« on: 03 May 2009, 18:59 »

Level 1

Divine Favor - +1 ab/damage at level 1 with additional +1 every 7, still capped at max of +5. Same for Paladin.

Shield of Faith - Change to +1 deflection ac with an additional +1 per 6 cleric levels with no cap. Yes that means you could get +7 total, but its dispellable and requires the cleric to be nearly pure. If you die, it's gone and you have to recast, would be bad in the middle of battle to lose 7 ac after being raised.

Level 3

Glyph of Warding - Add a save to avoid 1-2 round stun, keep damage as is.

Magic Vestment - +1 ac added to armor with additional +1 ever 7 cleric levels. This would put the cap at +6 and keep lower level clerics from maybe having such a big advantage while maintaining the common notion that more caster levels should mean something other than just bonus feats.

Negatative Energy Protection - This is a very powerful defensive spell that renders you immune to negative damage and negative effects. Should probably be 1 or 2 rounds per level instead of 1 turn.

Level 4

Greater Magic Weapon - +1 enhancement bonus at level 1 and an additional +1 per every 5 caster levels with the max staying at +5. Same for Sorc/Wiz/Bard.

Level 5

Battletide - I would change this to +2ab/damage upon casting with the negative effects to enemies handled immediately like prayer. The aura's don't work anyways.

True Seeing - Grant REAL true sight for 2-3 rounds and then See Invis, Ultravision, and +20 spot (not listen, the spell isnt called True Hearing) for 1 round per level thereafter.

Level 6

Harm/Heal - Restore/deal 10 hp of damage per every 2 caster levels. Same for Druid.

Level 7

Greater Restoration - Keep as is except for heal 10 hp per 2 caster levels.

Level 8

Earthquake - This spell hurts allies as well so it should have the damage cap raised to 15d6 or more, or add in a save vs knockdown for a single round.

Mass Heal - 10 hp for every 2 caster levels.

Level 9

Storm of Vengeance - Since the persistant Aoe's don't work correctly this should be changed to damage, something like 1d4 acid/electric per level capped at 20-25 for clerics and 25-35 for druids. The on screen animation could be limited to 1-2 rounds. If the reflex save is failed still use will save vs Stun.

Undeaths Eternal Foe - I would change this back to where it adds Dodge ac, maybe something like 1 dodge ac per 6 caster levels. Give this spell a timer of 40 rounds so that it can't be recast to stack ac. Or leave it as Deflection  with the possibility to get +6-7 ac with enough caster levels.

Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2009, 23:31 »

Just a note on the auras   Turril has gotten them signifigantly improved they may leave for a second or 2 but thats about it when you are running around
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2009, 20:40 »

I did notice lately that Battletide's aura is affecting others.

I would like to see Undeaths Eternal Foe return back to the dodge AC as well. Pretty much a useless 9th lvl spell now since most items in the game provide more than a +4 deflection bonus. The timer is a good idea to avoid the stacking. Again lets make 9th lvl spells a bit more useful for parties rather than having a spell that no one uses anymore.
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2009, 16:29 »

I did notice lately that Battletide's aura is affecting others.

I would like to see Undeaths Eternal Foe return back to the dodge AC as well. Pretty much a useless 9th lvl spell now since most items in the game provide more than a +4 deflection bonus. The timer is a good idea to avoid the stacking. Again lets make 9th lvl spells a bit more useful for parties rather than having a spell that no one uses anymore.

Hear hear  Grin
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2009, 18:51 »

Undeath's is seen as a poor spell since it lost its +4 dodge AC bonus but it give one sexy immunity that is undervalued: immunity to ability drains. There a lot of areas now with monsters who deal ability damage with ranged/melee touch attacks, and those are a pain because they aren't dispellable. My paladin in the new Ice caves got her 22 con dropped to 5 with one of those attacks, my sorc in MM got her charisma drained from Ungol from 34 to 10...

I'm not sure about giving back 4 ac dodge bonus. Maybe only if the caster gets such bonus but not everyone that is walking with him.

parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2009, 20:43 »

Clerics also get a spell at 3rd level that covers ability point loss. So again we have a useless 9th lvl spell.
Abimael
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2009, 00:37 »

neg energy prot doesnt protect against touch attacks and crippling strike afaik
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2009, 00:56 »

Neg Energy Protection grants immunity to level/ability drain....no matter what it comes from. Undeaths is completely useless.

On a couple of my older characters I couldn't fit in a item with level/ability drain so I made some Neg Energy Prot wands. It works vs everything.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2009, 21:10 »

Yes, neg energy prot is an uber spell.  Prevent level drain, str decrease from crippling strike, all poison stat reductions, I think it even blocks stat decreases from items that have penalties, etc.

I'd thought of that spell granting 50% neg energy immunity and then bonus saves vs level drains which would make undeath's a much better spell by default (also give it back its dodge AC minus stacking)... nerfing neg energy prot probably isn't what anyone wants to see.

I also feel with haste and extra dodge from Undeaths, clerics get a lot of free AC.  Can cast in heavy armor etc but I'm not against it.  Now that divine power is where it should be, clerics stand closer to where they should.
Abimael
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2009, 21:24 »

well, living and learning. I'll remember to bring a cleric next ime I go to those cursed places lol
Redaurora
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2009, 11:30 »

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/earthquake.htm

"Open Ground

Each creature standing in the area must make a DC 15 Reflex save or fall down. Fissures open in the earth, and every creature on the ground has a 25% chance to fall into one (Reflex DC 20 to avoid a fissure). At the end of the spell, all fissures grind shut, killing any creatures still trapped within. "

^_^
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: