Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 14:02

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Spell Changes - Epic
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spell Changes - Epic  (Read 1947 times)
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« on: 03 May 2009, 19:01 »

Mummy dust - As is but with a special version for people who invest the feats to get Epic Conjuration Focus. Nothing off the wall like the original mummy but maybe the same as the normal lvl 40 mummy with lesser or no vulnerabilities and a little more ab, like 4 or so. OR even better, if you have Epic Conj Focus let the summon last until killed or the caster rests. Or both...

Dragon Knight - As is But with a special verion for people who have Epic Conj Focus like the mummy suggestion. With Epic Conj Focus give it a few more ab and maybe a single Greater Ruin. Could do the same for duration with mummy suggestion.

Greater Ruin - i'd like to see the DC for this spell be as high for anything that casts it as it is for someone with Evocation Focus. Having a buffed int/cha of 46 and epic Evo Focus yields a lame dc of something like 40. It should be dc 40 minimum for anyone who can cast it. Damage-wise I would scale this to level. Something like 1d8 positive per caster level. As it stands normally Ruin can do up to 210 points of positive damage...with this change to a scaled damage output you would have to be caster level 26 to equal the 210 (208 actually). Or make it scale at 1d6 per level so you need 35 caster levels to equal the current version.

Hellball - As in the other thread i think it should be the best damage spell...period. Maybe scale it to caster level to do 1d6 fire/magical/negative per 2 caster levels. That way a pure 40 caster would do 20d6 each. Also make it so that it doesn't hit the caster, would be nice if it didnt hit allies either. Always drove me crazy that the spell was useless by player but uber for npc's since it DOESN'T hit their allies. If you make it as suggested here then maybe make the spell do 50 points of magical damage to the caster as a drawback to using such a powerful spell. A build with 29 caster levels is going to do 14d6 each, which translates into about 50 damage for each of those types on a failed save....which isn't really all that much with only a single cast per day.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2009, 23:17 »

Agreed  I posted simmalar suggestions before but i am a mage lover and I love the Idea of hgaving 1 or 2 good "nukes" to cast that couldnt be resisted so easily.
Red Raisin
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2009, 01:54 »

interesting idea about a bonus for what is essentially a useless set of feats .. ie. normal, greater and epic spell focus conjuration.

if all summons were boosted by epic conjuration, then you'd essentially create a new subclass of casters - Master Summoner

but would you limit this to mages and druids or include clerics with their summons boost from Animal Domain.

the other useless spell feats i find are versions of divination.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2009, 04:28 »

Any work to develop summoners would have to include druids.  I would expect that their summons would be powerful animals and elementals whereas wizards would be geared somewhat toward alignment specific planars and outsiders.  Clerics with animal domain and appropriate conjuration feats would probably be along the lines of a druid or if they choose death domain then along the lines of a PM summoner and undead.

Any way you look at it, it would be a large undertaking to straighten out our hodge podge ( <--never seen that written before ) of summons and build versions for every class level, appropriate feats, and combinations thereof.  It would be very cool to see a well done system for this tho.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2009, 20:52 »

I would give clerics with animal domain the same benefits as having epic conj focus, tho i wouldn't give a bonus for having both.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: