Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 18:57

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Warrior Gauntlet Suggestion
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Warrior Gauntlet Suggestion  (Read 1628 times)
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« on: 03 May 2009, 19:03 »

Instead of being fighter only I think it would be cool to open it up to all warrior classes (fighter/barbarian/ranger/paladin). I would suggest at the end of the test you receive a Misc Small item with unlimited uses per day. This item when activated after rest/death would give the warrior, if PURE, +1 ab/damage/disc for every 6 levels in the class starting at level 10 (first bonus at 10). This would give a pure warrior build +7 ab/dam/disc at level 40. Might sound like its quite a bit but once you figure in no tumble ac, no evasion, no this, no that...it equals out a bit in my opinion.

Might also be cool to see a pure 40 warrior build also get something more specialized to the class on top of the standard +ab from the Gauntlet item.

Ranger - at pure level 40 the Gauntlet Item could also grant the timed version of HIPS.

Fighter - At pure level 40 the Gauntlet Item could grant the fighter immunity to knockdown. Sounds strong but the fighter will still have moderate ab/damage and horrid ac.

Paladin - At pure 40 a paladin might also receive +20 taunt or something of that nature.

Barbarian - At pure 40 a barbarian would be cool with +10 taunt/intimidate or maybe a +20 bonus to spot/listen to reflect having had great experience with the whole Uncanny thing.

I know it sounds like this would be too much but consider that they wouldn't have Evasion and only barbarian gets Uncanny Dodge, not to mention no cross classed skill dumps. Only Ranger/Barb would have much of a chance to detect someone stealthed. The idea is to make some of these classes without buffs useful. I think of the 4 classes only Barbarian wouldn't get much love from the players, but that is because they are already way way overpowered.

Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2009, 23:11 »

Youre on a roll pink I like the pure class bonus Ideas as is though it would realy push barbs over the top lol Grin mid 70s ikd from a 8 apr  ork anyone?
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2009, 23:16 »

A barb would likely get around mid 60's ab depending on how much the current rages add.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2009, 23:28 »

30 base + 16 str+ 4feat +5 wep +4 rages +5 proposed item +2 potions =66  good call.
   There are b.tide items and a warcry item that could push it to 70 briefly the b.tide is 9 rds and the aura is prety much fixed so it is usefull and the war cry is only 7 rds. Still a unbuffed mid 60s ab would be prety good in gvm right now but that toon would usualy need to party up because his ac would be garbage.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2009, 23:49 by Endlessorrow » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: