Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 13:24

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  Admin Announcements  |  Best character bio conetest
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Best character bio conetest  (Read 1869 times)
Qnevven_Zolond
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« on: 06 May 2009, 23:54 »

This idea has been following me for quite some time.

I know we are playing on Persistant World server - and as such - we are neither purely PVP nor RP oriented. But recently i have noticed that the Role Playing part is nearly extinct and not many players give it any interest.

For me - role playing is not only the manner in which you talk (including party and shout channel) and what kind of actions you take with your character - but also what kind of classes you take in your build as well as the background story for your character which you can read in description of each PC.
This contest is to mobilize players to be little more creative while making new "toons".

Rules of the Contest:

1. Each player can pick only one of his characters to participate in this contest (One toon per account).
2. Doesn't matter if the toon is already exisiting or if you make a new one.
3. The contest will start today and will end on the 2nd weekend from now (16-17th of May).
4. To register your toon in this contest please contact me in game (account Qnevven Zolond) and i will make a screenshot with your character's story (yes it has to be on actual character - not only on paper - but if you have an electronic copy of your story it would be great to send it to me in PM as well)
5. Each of the contestants will be rated seperately by 3 judges.
6. Each judge will give scores 1-10 in several categories.
7. The sum of scores from all judges will be your final score.
8. The categories will not be reveal before to end of the contest so don't bother asking what they are (there's no point in making a story only for the contest).
9. Judges may also take part in the contest - in which case the reamining 2 judges will give him scores with 150% weight.

Aside of this contest you can also expect a number of role playing oriented "events". Maybe event is too much of a word, but there will be days announced as "RPing day" in which players and/or teams will be rewarded with XP for their attempt to be "in character" - more information about these "special" days will be on forums soon.

Hope you will all enjoy both the contest and RPing days
~QZ

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: