Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 16:29

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Melee Builds  |  Dwavern Sneaker - DD 22 - Rogue 17 - SD 1
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dwavern Sneaker - DD 22 - Rogue 17 - SD 1  (Read 4036 times)
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« on: 01 June 2009, 16:28 »

In the name of diversity i present DeadZone.. I had to put him in the melee section although hes just as if not more effective in his rogue role.

Dwarf - 17 Rogue/1 SD/22 DD

18 Con,15 Str,14INT Wis 8 Str 13 Cha 6

1) Rogue 1 Dodge
2) Rogue 2
3) Rogue 3 Mobility
4) Rogue 4 Con (19)
5) Rogue 5
6) Rogue 6 Blind Fighting
7) Rogue 7
Cool Rogue 8 Con (20)
9) Rogue 9 Toughness
10) SD 1
11) DD 1 (Defensive Stance + Awareness)
12) DD 2 Wpn focus Warhammer  Con(21)
13) DD 3
14) DD 4
15) DD 5 Stealthy
16) DD 6 (Str 16) (DR 3 + Defensive Awareness 2)
17) DD 7
18) DD 8 Improved Crit or whatever you want
19) DD 9
20) DD 10 STR(17) (DR 6 + Defensive Awareness 3)
21) DD 11 EWF Warhammer
22) DD 12
23) Rogue 10 (improved evasion) max skills
24) DD 13 Armour Skin (Str 18)
25) DD 14 (DR1) DR 12
26) DD 15
27) DD 16 Grt Str 19
28) Rogue 11  (Str 20)
29) DD 17
30) DD 18 (DR2) Grt Str 21 DR 18
31) DD 19
32) Rogue 12 (Str 22)
33) DD 20  Grt Str 23
34) DD 21
35) Rogue 13 (epic Skill hide)
36) Rogue 14 (Str 24) Grt Str 25
37) DD 22 (max Disc) (DR3) DR 24
38) Rogue 15
39) Rogue 16 Grt Str 26 (epic Skill MS)
40) Rogue 17 (Con 22)

With 24 Dr, a ton of hp, defensive awareness, improved evasion, Defensive stance for those meatshield moments, 9 D6 of sneaks, umd and plenty of other rogue skills and good old emergency hips this hybrid can be very effective as a tank (for party) or sd for soloing (dd lvls compensate for the timer a bit) and is fun to play.

I’ve got him kitted in Dancers silhouette and some hide/ms kit and he’s an effective sneaker as well as some con/str/dex kit to boost him up in hp’s, ab and the dex items help his rogue skills (hide/ms) and reflex save even though you don’t get the bonus of ac with it.  His ac is as good as any melee type and he has lots of help from feats etc to ensure he doesn’t have to worry over much about being hit. His ab isn’t great but catching them flat footed rarely misses and he can sneak/crit at lvl 25 for over 100! A scimmy may be better for crits but I prefer a bludgeoning hammer for style points also use a small shield which only has a 1 penalty for hiding/ms.

*Note I would put at least 20 skill points in heal as it conserves you heal kits pretty well.

I wrote this at work and had to go my memory so if anyone spots an error or has any comments please feel free. I would also add that you can take the lvls in just about any order you like after lvl 20 depending on how you play.
« Last Edit: 01 June 2009, 16:33 by MasterThief » Logged
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2009, 19:20 »

I would definitely make this guy a pure dexer instead of STR build. With that many rogue levels you should take advantage of Epic Dodge. If you want to get EDR thats cool but not necessary if you get Epic Dodge. This build would probably get destroyed by any caster with TS. I would put all other STAT increases into DEX and not STR. Could be an OK build if you went Dex. Your Hide/MS would improve a bunch.

At 6th lvl i would take Weapon finesse instead of Blind Fight. (For a light weapon you can use a light hammer, mace, handaxe)
At 15th lvl i would take Blind Fight
At 21st lvl i would take a GREAT DEX feat and use the DD bonus feats to get the Epic Wpn Focus, Armor and Epic Prowess feats.

Nice concept though.
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2009, 21:42 »

Thanks for the response Park but if i made him a dexer he would be just like your latest build (monk instead of rogue) Grin

This build is very effective hipsing and when i get home i will look up what his ms and hide are at the moment.. against anything without ts he is a killing machine.. can do the serpents at lvl 20 solo (apart from the bosses of course!)

I would think any dexer even with epic dodge is dead meat against a mage with ts lol but he does well with anyone else with ts e.g. sniper helm types.. his hp's make it hard for a mage not to run out of spells and dr is great against melees who catch you when the timer is on.

The extra str is good when hes in his meatshield mode and of course and against the dexers bane the undead .... trust me he's better than an ok build theres plenty of pvm without ts and hes not bad pvp either he can hit harder than any dexer and hide just as well if your dexer doesnt pick the epic skills hide/ms.

I've played lots of dexers and they usually fall down on damage in the 30-40 lvls i hate taking all day to kill those guardians in isengaurd  Cheesy
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2009, 04:03 »

You wrote it up at work <-- hilarious 

I recall coming home one night a few years ago with about 15 different build variations written on a paper towel I had stuffed in my pocket.  I'm just lucky my day dreaming didn't cause me to cut my finger off with the bread knife.

If the DD bonuses eventually work out that'll give this build a few AC and the HP recovery benefit.

Definitely epic dodge.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2009, 07:07 »

I am a fan of str sneaks, and I like the marrige of  dd and rg sd  Azn  I would look to max his str and ab. by going 12 con at start and maxing str throughout the leveling process..  the build will have to hips to hit most things anyway but  if I could pull 5 extra ab out of the build that way I think I would. More a style preference realy for me I like the inherent 18 dd dr well enough that i would want to hit more frequently and harder...   I realize my version would be lying dead more often but thats my style Cheesy
« Last Edit: 02 June 2009, 07:13 by Endlessorrow » Logged
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2009, 09:53 »

As you can see i'm REALLY busy at work terrorble  Grin

I like that idea endless (and kicking myself now lol) i would maybe go 14 con though but you are probably right about 22 lvls of dd being enough without the 3 epic dr feats, i will tell you how he goes when he gets higher up (currently 26) dr didnt help much trying to solo the bosses in the subterranian lake yesterday got bigbied and beaten to death in seconds lol
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: