Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 07:11

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  A few things I wouldn't mind seeing
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A few things I wouldn't mind seeing  (Read 2929 times)
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« on: 20 June 2009, 18:07 »

Dropping alignment restrictions might be nice. I can't really think of any builds that would be overpowered in comparison to the ones already running around. A bard20/druid18/monk2 dragon might be tough, but then again it would still be weaker than a cleric dragon. Pally/pm would be cool, as would pally/bard/rdd...both still with no real haste..Or how about a 22bard/16monk/2sd? That could be fun and useful. Or a barbarian monk with 5 million attacks but shit damage.. A paladin construct might be cool, a barbarian/monk/druid....anything really...some added flavor might be very nice.

Getting rid of multi-class xp penalties would definitely be nice, that probably should have been done away with long ago.

I'd also really like to see the various polymorph/shapechange spell shapes actually get to use items like the druid/shifter shapes do. None of the shapes have weapons and you can't cast tensers and then shapechange, or vice versa, just to get free crit immune and keep high caster levels.

Just some thoughts to spice things up a little bit. Opening up alignment restrictions might draw in some players and would definitely help to keep the ones that remain.

-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2009, 16:42 »

Interesting...I have also wondered about races too. Human, dwarf, elf, halfling & gnome all have their advantages when building toons. But half-orc? Apart from being able to get a base strength of 20 at level 1, which isnt particularly useful on level 40 servers, there is little reason why anyone might want to use the race.

Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2009, 23:30 »

I'd also really like to see the various polymorph/shapechange spell shapes actually get to use items like the druid/shifter shapes do. None of the shapes have weapons and you can't cast tensers and then shapechange, or vice versa, just to get free crit immune and keep high caster levels.
You can actually cast Tensers after polymorph, although with no weapons it wouldn't do much anyways. If, however, all gear did shift including weapons, then it could be a problem. I don't really see any need for this to be nerfed except for the benefit of NPCs.

So far, anytime I've fought Radagast, he casts Shapechange and will continue to fight without spells. This basically strips him of all his gear so that he is: easy to hit, doesn't hit back (and if he does its really weak), and I'm not sure if it effects his drops (essentially dying without items).

An easier fix, in my opinion, is just to remove the spell from Radagast.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2009, 15:02 »

Sure you CAN cast tensers after you shift, but that's a bug and would be stupidly easy to spot someone who is abusing it.

And I don't care all that much about radaghast, I really just meant for players..
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2009, 17:16 »

Cast tensers then scroll or robe cast shapechange not buged there.... 
  I tried it with a wiz not to effective i might ad the ab went way up on iron gollem form but damage was terrible since the "claw"  has no enchant or attack bonus to get over any kind of damage resistance.

pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2009, 18:07 »

Don't forget that Shapechange as cast by an item is lvl 17, which means instant dispel.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: