Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 16:15

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  About KD and IKD
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: About KD and IKD  (Read 4490 times)
mirelbesic21
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« on: 03 July 2009, 10:15 »

As we all know with new AI the creaturs become smart and enoying with KD and IKD, but thats fine with me. Creatures get nice functions now but our items dont seems to get any discipline+ or item with KD immunity, except pholys. If this server is floated with KD and IKD can we at least get some items witch will give us some discipline, and i mean in areas like 20+ not 40+ inpossible. Think about it. Some builds dont get discipline till lvl 30+.

Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2009, 10:55 »

kd immunity---NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
thre are tons of items tht have dis bonuses out there. i have seen wizards that have over 60 dis. If you chose not to have the skill until lvl 30 then you are going to get kd'd
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2009, 15:55 »

There are a lot of items in game with discipline. Look me up in game I should have some to spare.
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2009, 16:12 »

Some of the best items with it:

- Bull's Hair Belt: 6 str, 10 disc drops in mino maze by mage-druids
- Petrified Shield: Tower Shield, +6, 10 disc, drops in lorien
- Ceremonial Shield (?), Tower Shield, +5, 10 disc, drops in Isengard, from dwarves

There are also lots of heavy armors that has +5 disc. Some I remember includes Edoras Battle Armor, Battle Dresses in Corsair City, and many, many more.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2009, 17:39 »

A WW (wimpy wizard  gandalf) who maxes out discipline bonus (+50 & +12 strength) from items and who skill dumped discipline (+43), may still find thier butt hittin the ground.

Ya need natural strength to add that extra stubborness from getting your feet swept.  disgust

Some NPCs are so uber strong, that only a couple dedicated builds will laugh at thier KD attempts.  cavetroll

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2009, 20:57 »

either that made no sense at all or you just said that 105 disc isnt good enough. Which means there are npcs with 100+ ab, is that really needed with the lack of good items to defend with?
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2009, 21:24 »

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and try to make sense of that... let's say a "WW" has 8 strength, that's +5 skill from +12 STR modifier, +50 from items, and 43 base... so 98 discipline.... yeah.

I heard complaints about KD in the stingers in party chat last night, so I assume this is what that is about. There's plenty of other places to level, just ask anyone in the party.
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2009, 22:02 »

A WW (wimpy wizard  gandalf) who maxes out discipline bonus (+50 & +12 strength) from items and who skill dumped discipline (+43), may still find thier butt hittin the ground.

Ya need natural strength to add that extra stubborness from getting your feet swept.  disgust

Some NPCs are so uber strong, that only a couple dedicated builds will laugh at thier KD attempts.

I beleive it was a slight exaggeration. Dont get your panties in a bunch. Highest AB on an NPC is well below 100. But a high AB on a large or greater sized creature is still going to get you kd'd occasionally
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 July 2009, 04:02 »

I'm fairly certain IKD was removed from all the stinger hive guards on last update.  Still hvae KD.

When they spam it and get a 20 I'm willing to be that if the player actually looks at their score they'll realized they lost the roll.

Planning on reducing the number of bonus attacks raging NPCs get.  Should help with the KD spam too.

There are discipline items out there.  I'll keep it in mind as I see items.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 July 2009, 16:04 »

Remember,gettin flanked is a major negative. Your goin down!!!!!  Evil

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
mirelbesic21
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 July 2009, 04:45 »

I'm fairly certain IKD was removed from all the stinger hive guards on last update.  Still hvae KD.

When they spam it and get a 20 I'm willing to be that if the player actually looks at their score they'll realized they lost the roll.

Planning on reducing the number of bonus attacks raging NPCs get.  Should help with the KD spam too.

There are discipline items out there.  I'll keep it in mind as I see items.

Yes IKD is not used by Hive Guards and I think they are balanced just nicely as they should be , what is bothering me on 1st lvl of Stinger Enterance are those Chieftants. They Have IKD, HEAL, DISPEL MAGIC, etc. I think they are a bit uber seance we have a casters in there as well who take care for dispeling and other bad things witch happening to us in ther.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: