Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16 April 2024, 08:53

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Issengard - Broken Spawns
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Issengard - Broken Spawns  (Read 3811 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« on: 05 July 2009, 16:04 »

Any of the levels above breeding pits - It seems if you log out (crash out) or change floors with active spawns on the floor you leave, they despawn, break and never respawn again until server is reset.

Any chance of getting this fixed?
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2009, 22:19 »

Absolutely.  I'll be looking at that right away.  Thanks for the heads up.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2009, 20:04 »

Nice one - I don't know if it is any use but I have noticed that the single half-orc archer that is right on the top floor seems to be immune from this re-spawn bug.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2009, 04:56 »

I think I might have it and yes, knowing that the archer didn't despawn was key.  I had similarly noticed that drow ambassadors didn't despawn.  Matched the common thread and it seems to work.
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2009, 09:57 »

The last 3 or 4 times i have been in the battlegrounds of the fallen there also doesnt seem to be any spawns no matter how often i go out and back in again dont know if its a simular problem.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2009, 18:34 »

Cheers T Smiley
mirelbesic21
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2009, 04:35 »

Yesterday me and firecracker was doing 4th floor of issengard tower, all goes well than sudenlly noob wanish in middle of fight, im talking about last spawn of sentinel guard before you enter 5th floor. Just to let you know.

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2009, 05:42 »

Meaning it despawned in the middle of the fight?
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2009, 15:23 »

Despawning has happened a couple of times to me too in the serpents boss area. It takes me an age to lure them and kill them one by one by more than often they disappear before i get half way through them  Embarrassed
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 July 2009, 07:50 »

Despawning has happened a couple of times to me too in the serpents boss area. It takes me an age to lure them and kill them one by one by more than often they disappear before i get half way through them  Embarrassed
Every 6 minutes, if they can't see you, they will be considered inactive and removed by the cleanup script because they're not "bosses" they're just NPCs (i.e: no purple lettered names).

Don't think this is really a bug, but maybe worth looking into... if the DMs approve of your tactics and want to encourage that sort of thing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about the cleanup script, that's just based on experience, not actually looking at the code.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 July 2009, 08:00 »

Yet another thing I want to figure out.  I know what you're talking about when you say they despawn in the middle of the fight.  It used to happen to me sometimes in the Edoras King's hall.  As of right now, I really haven't studied the details of the cleanup script or even know where all the code is.  Maybe after my 80 hour work week is done I'll sleep and then look.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: