Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18 April 2024, 13:24

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  11Bard/4bg/25AA
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 11Bard/4bg/25AA  (Read 8558 times)
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« on: 14 July 2009, 23:40 »

Elf Chaotic Evil  13STR 16 DEX 13INT 16CHA

Put 2 points into CHA and 8 Into DEX
Pre epic 8 bard 4 bg 8 AA(Take BG lvls on 9 11,12 and 18th)
Epic 3 bard 17 AA Throw in bard whenever you seem its best.
1)Pwr Attack
3)Cleave
6) Point Blank Shot
9) Weapon Focus
12) Divine Might
15) Improved Crit
18) Divine Shield
21) Blind Fight
22) Bard
24) Great Dex 1
27) Great Dex 2*Epic Weapon Focus
30) Great Dex 3
31) *Blinding Speed
32) Bard *tumble,disc
33) Great Dex 4
36) Great Dex 5 * Epic Prowess
37) Bard *tumble, disc
39) Great Dex 6

28BAB+16(DEX)+2(song)+2(EWF)+2(WarCry)+13(Enchant Arrow)+2(Bless and Aid pots)+5(Bow)+1(Epic Prowess)+1(Bulls STR) =72AB  -5AB when dispelled.

Updated

AC close to 70 with Divine Shield.
« Last Edit: 19 August 2009, 23:34 by parknutz » Logged
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2009, 01:07 »

Should get another +1 AB with BG's Bull's strength.

I considered something similar once, Bard 9/BG 22/AA 9, which should be:
28BAB+16(DEX)+2(EWF)+7(BG's Bull's Strength feat)+5(Enchant Arrow)+2(Bless and Aid pots)+5(Bow)=65AB
Also an additional attack from Bull's Strength

It has 4 bonus epic feats from BG, instead of the 2 from AA in park's build, 2 of which would be the same (Epic weapon focus and Epic Prowess), for the other two I would recommend Epic Fiendish Servant and Armor Skin.

The AC would be less, but Armor skin helps make up the difference, and your haste would have to be from items and would last 6 less rounds. However, you have an epic balor at your disposal, who can tank for you as well as cast heal 2/day and a decent-length haste (I think it's roughly 20 rounds). If the summon is tanking you can fire off 7d6 sneak attack on top of your arrows.
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2009, 20:31 »

Rade,

If we ever have the time to make these builds we should. Perhaps these are the missing elements in taking down Elrond.
BaaRamYou
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2009, 21:41 »

If your current problem is hitting an insanely high AC, I don't see why you'd want to compromise the build with defences and party buffs best left to others. I'd go with:

Elf
Pala9/Sorc1/AA30
Str 14
Dex 18 -> 38
Wis 11
Cha 14
5 points left for con and int; might as well put 1 into Wis to get an extra slot i guess
If mighty +8 bows don't exist anymore drop Str down to 13 if you want

Pre-epic feats: focus bow, PA, DMight, point blank + rapid shot, imp crit, 1 free feat(i took DShield)
Epic feats: 10 dex, EWF + prowess.

29(BAB) + 15(AA) + 20(dex) + 4(feats) + 5(bow) = 73 ab with just fully-buffed dex
Throw in bless, aid, prayer, bard song for 78 ab. Has a few favors giving 81 ab for a few minutes.
Amaze your friends with 3 digit attack rolls! (88 ab with true strike)

Dies fast but i remember having 70+ac with shield out. Tanking isn't its job anyway.
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2009, 03:42 »

I remember you had this build BaaRamYou, and it is quite good; however, 65+ AB will be more than enough and Elrond is Gondor factioned, ergo, a paladin would not work, although the powerful cleric/AA might.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2009, 04:29 »

my construct had 66ab...and btw didn't hit all too often..
BaaRamYou
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2009, 07:42 »

Well I hope there's a similar Mordor boss with similar/identical drops too, considering Lorien initially gave gondor xp loss, and after much crying we finally got Chronos to change it...

Right?

(removed my little rant since there's similar stuff for gonds to hit :p)

On to the cleric/AA then.
If you just go clr8/sorc2 you'd lose 2 BAB and a good bunch of saves in exchange for 1 more true strike and favor. I'll come back if i can think of something better but trying to add in Dpower attacks or BG levels seems loses too much AB.

Could go Barb8... loses the favors for 3 kinda short rages at -5 ab (-10 with rapid shot) but keeps the same BAB so your true strikes are as good. Loses the 8-dmg Dmights though.

or Ftr 10/sorc1/AA29 for 6 more dmg to compensate some of the 8 dmg loss:
Take 1 ftr after epic focus for epic spec. Can only get 9 dex feats but since you don't need 11 wis you can start with 19 dex.

The idea is just to stuff in as much AA as you can since it gains AB the fastest(1/2 lvls). Now that Dpower is slower(1/7) clerics can only pull off 1/3+1/7=10/21 which is almost half... but then consider the wis you have to invest and the BAB loss.

btw just realised I missed out blind fight in the previous post.. I guess that's where the "spare" pre-epic feat goes.
« Last Edit: 21 July 2009, 08:18 by BaaRamYou » Logged
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 July 2009, 07:44 »

There's a Gondor equivalent (Barad Dur), don't worry lesson learned by the devs I think... even if they're slow on the uptake sometimes. I just haven't tried it yet, and the current problem is Elrond.

Thanks for the reminder pink... guess 65 AB won't cut the cheese... Back to the drawing board.
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2009, 15:12 »

I'm currently leveling two different high AB melee toons, one on Gondor and one on Mordor (two different builds). The mordor toon will have 69 ab without bard song/bless/aid/etc, so once I'm done vacationing it up I can get back to leveling him.
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 July 2009, 16:09 »

Well the idea behind the BG lvls is for Divine Might. Arrows do ok damage but I am looking for damage that can't be resisted. I like Pink's build of 15cleric/2bard/23aa but I wanted a build all to myself.
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 July 2009, 16:15 »

I wonder how much XP i will lose if I take Connor to Elrond??? Just to see if he can hit on consistant basis....
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 July 2009, 07:54 »

I wonder how much XP i will lose if I take Connor to Elrond??? Just to see if he can hit on consistant basis....
Not enough to lose level 40... I used to kill the Wraith all the time with my Mordor Risen back in the day.... maybe they've upped the penalty. You'd also likely have to take down his guards first, which would lose you a lot of exp, but I assume you wouldn't last past a round.
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 July 2009, 19:41 »

hehehe you're reminding me of that LOTR server where ppl joined a faction only to get easy acess to bosses to kill them Tongue
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 August 2009, 23:36 »

Updated current build
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: