Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18 April 2024, 19:24

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  yay drood buffs
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: yay drood buffs  (Read 4075 times)
BaaRamYou
Poster

View Profile
« on: 27 July 2009, 05:15 »

All the improvements to druid spells have made me want to start one. I may eventually make all the builds I'm about to list, but I want opinions about which I should start on first:

Druid 38/Cleric 1/Monk 1
Human
Str 14
Con 10
Dex 14
Int 8
Wis 16->34
Cha 14

Skills: Conc, Heal, SC, Tumble
Feats: (pre:) PA, DShield, greater foci evoc+transmute+conj, (post:) 3 epic foci, 8 wis

AC: 10 +2(assume no dex bonus) +18(wis) +8(barkskin) +5(armor) +5(ring/deflection) +4(boots) +8(tumble) = 60 assuming some pretty bad items(no dex or cha boost, +5 robes and ring).
If somehow I can get +6 items, max out dex+cha like ye olde days, and get a haste thrown my way it becomes 80 AC. So my first question is if it's still possible to max out those 2 stats with items alone.

Main point is spell DC's: 10 +18 +6 +SpellLvl. Drown for eg. will be 40

Given the variety of good spells maybe I should drop conjuration(affects bombard+healing circle only) for metamagic feats (emp, max, silent) and/or armor skin.
---------

Bad archer/spotter variant:
Elf
move 1 druid to cleric for DMight
drop 2 wis for 4 int. the extra 43 pts goes into listen
drop conj +6wis for point blank+rapid shot, zen, DMight, blind fight, WF+EWF+Prowess

Loses 8 Wis -> less 4 AC and DC
Bow ab: 25(BAB) +14(wis) +4(feats) +5(bow) = 48(eww)
could get cleric/bard buffs for +5 ab, frenzy for another +1 -> 54ab
pretty much can't hit anything unless it's blinded, but this should have the spell DC's to pull it off.
--------

Spammer
Druid 20/Cleric 19/Bard 1
drop dex to 8 since this one wears plate. 2 points goes into int to make up for cleric's lower base skill pts. 4 other points can go into con/int.
Probably animal+travel domains.
The spell improvements are mainly based off spell foci. The caster-level caps are still at or below lvl20 so all this loses is 4 wis from epic druid feats in exchange for double the spells. Not sure if SR will be a problem or if the new nature's balance can handle it.

Easily dispelled though, and doesn't bring +8 barkskin to the table, so I guess it's job will be more about spamming heals/drowns/firestorms instead of buffing.
--------

In all the builds I could also move 2 dex/con into int to get disc. It's not useful without disc items to prop it up to useful levels however, so I'll need your input to know if its worth it.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2009, 05:31 by BaaRamYou » Logged
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2009, 18:09 »

I think u can max out dx + cha:

bracers of agility + 6 dex
serpent's boots: +4 dex
cloak of nymphs: +6 cha
"Fabled" ring with +4 cha, in serpents ( I heard of, never saw it)

And there's other items like spider helms, half-dragon helms, +2 dex/+2cha respectively.

On the 20 druid/19cleric/1 bard: I think  endless suggested one with sd for hips or monk for ac, and haste wands made by a cleric will cover the "haste hungriness" u might need
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2009, 19:19 »

Also disciples npc druids drop a ring with haste 5x day and 4 wis and many druid spell slots.

my monk6 druid32 sd 2 has 73 ac and wep finnese  just to fight as a air elemental with 54/56 ab and 94 ac while aura of vitality and haste are up.

maximized and empowered feats are good for me.. The improved quillfire spell  maximized or empowered dose better magic dammage than horrid wiltings but only 36 dc to save for half. also empowered fire storms are the highest damage potential spell in the game per casting  but they do get a reflex save. maxed and empowered icestorms are still usefull Azn

the big benefit to going 38 druid i thing would be your bear beleive it or not. If you are willing to carry a few rings of prot and boots of hardiness and say heavy bracers from corsairs you could equip your bear  and buff him with awaken and barkskin and aura of vitality and empowered bulls str and grtr mag fang  to get 70ish ac  mid 60s ab and around 600 hp with good damage  he would be like a epic summon without the feat.

just be prepared to loose whatever you equip on your bear as the equip system is very buggy Sad
BaaRamYou
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2009, 23:46 »

I've been looking at http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Companion_(feat) for lv40 animal companion stats, and I'm not sure how the bear is supposed to reach 70+ac:
15(base +base dex) +19(38drd) + 6(ring) +4(boots) + 4?(hvy bracers) + 6(dex buffs) +4(haste) +8(barkskin) = 66 ac;
42(unbuffed bear at lv40) + 6(maxed str) +2(awaken) +6?(greater magic fang. unsure if it stacks with the base 5 given to a lv40 bear) = 56 ab
I suppose the companions' base stats might've been buffed?

I might start off experimenting with the panther instead where i just need to max str/dex and not worry about losing ac items since I'll try to have it flank.

Guess I'll start with the 38 drd and a crafting cleric when I'm not feeling lazy :p

Another question is alignment: are there any nice good-only items? lv21+ ones even (that can't be umded) or should I just stick to LN?

Thanks for the input.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2009, 05:38 »

Who here knew that the Eyeball arcane familiar gets a auto-Kd bolt at like lvl 30?

And does the equipping summons work with arcane familiars?

Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2009, 14:36 »

greater magic fang is improved on the druid buff it is +1 ab per 2 lvls now ad like d6 to damage.

Yeah familiars can be equiped too use the 3rd option in the concersation menu, something like i want to give you some gear. Ignore the first 2 boxes for specific types of gear and equip gear from that third box. same for  druid companion.  just BE PREPARED TO LOOSE WHAT YOU HAVE EQUIPED!

Summons and familiars will frequently unsummon on map transitions and you loose the gear, and they unsummon on levelup and you loose the gear. If they die in a fight they drop the gear in a loot bag but if you die or runaway for very long the cleanup script eats the bag and you loose the gear.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: