Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16 April 2024, 12:15

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Loot split system
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Loot split system  (Read 6306 times)
Dumbledor

View Profile
« on: 01 August 2009, 03:13 »

Ok, assuming everyone saw that it's now hardly possible to solo some area's like in the past. We now need some team members...

We just did an isengard run with 7 ppls, when came the split time, it was just horrible. All the loots were droped in Eru' lounge, we were all using Dice to make roll, writing on a paper who's first, second ... This can't continu :/

Then, i'm claiming the attention of the developer team for :

1: A loot split area via Eru that should contain :
    - A chest to put all the gears aquiered during the run.
    - A pedestal that on use make a d100 roll for each team member in the area. It must classify them of the biggest to the smallest (Why not a d20, cause of too many chance of similar roll) and rolls must appear in combat log + chat log.

2: Now, with the intention to prevent of something that already happened, I would make you think about the addition of a script that make the character say when he's looting something. I have already seen it on some servers, exemple with the Edoras Commander Plate If the item is ID, then the player taking it should say automaticly "Acquiered Edoras Commander Plate", if it's not id, then "Acquiered Unidentified Armor".

This is the only way that got found to counter sneaky looter who keep stuff when no one see them, or when other are fighting.

What do you think of these two ideas?

Dum.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2009, 04:12 by Dumbledor » Logged
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2009, 04:28 »

We just did an isengard run with 7 ppls, when came the split time, it was just horrible. All the loots were droped in Eru' lounge, we were all using Dice to make roll, writing on a paper who's first, second ... This can't continu :/

I agree - I don't like that system much either, though it's not too bad if you get lots of the same thing.

1: A loot split area via Eru that should contain :
    - A chest to put all the gears aquiered during the run.
    - A pedestal that on use make a d100 roll for each team member in the area. It must classify them of the biggest to the smallest (Why not a d20, cause of too many chance of similar roll) and rolls must appear in combat log + chat log.

That's a pretty good idea - one thing is that the chest better not bug like the one in the bank does...that could be nasty. As long as there's no stupid "no stealing" script running it shouldn't bug. A floor would do just as well - as long as it was a big enough space and you could see all the items on it.

2: Now, with the intention to prevent of something that already happened, I would make you think about the addition of a script that make the character say when he's looting something. I have already seen it on some servers, exemple with the Edoras Commander Plate If the item is ID, then the player taking it should say automaticly "Acquiered Edoras Commander Plate", if it's not id, then "Acquiered Unidentified Armor".

That would be pretty good - it would stop people taking more than one thing when they went up for their turn (though I've never seen anyone do that without asking everyone first), and it'd also help while gathering all the loot. One thing that annoys me is that even if you can't ID something, and it runs the looting script, it tells you what the item is. That means that people can know whether something is worth picking up even without Iding it...which makes the Lore skill a bit useless (especially since the "lore" person in the lounge will ID everything for you for 1k, which is almost nothing, even if you DO pick up unknown items.)

This is the only way that got found to counter sneaky looter who keep stuff when no one see them, or when other are fighting.

To be perfectly honest - I've done that an I'm sure I'm not the only one. I always make sure that I don't do it with anything big or rare though...things like arrows+5 from Moria and such I generally ask about once and then just pick up myself if no one wants them, but if I find a large drop like armor or a weapon I always announce it to the party after I've IDed it. My experiences with on-the-spot loot splitting have all been pretty good. I don't think anyone has ever taken anything good on a trip I've been on without at least asking the people present if it was ok, and small things like arrows can be so common that they don't really matter.

If I'm looking for something specific, I generally announce it to the party when we start (like, "If you find a good shortsword, and no one else wants it at all, can I just have it rather than rolling for it?" or "If no one wants arrows give them to me, I can use them"), and so far everyone's pretty nice about letting me have small random things that I can use...if it's something big, or if someone else also wants it, I have no problem rolling for it.

All in all - a good couple of ideas. They could do with a look-over by one of the DMs, because I would actually find this change quite useful if it ever got implemented.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2009, 05:25 »

How about you run with the same 2-3 people that you actually TRUST and divide the loot up by who has the most use or desire to build a new character for?

I refuse to roll for drops. As one of the few, and I mean few (less than 6-7) that can actually be a truly productive part of the run I don't feel as tho I should have to share anything with the guy that died 10 times and caused 3 other people to die 4 times each because of it.

Helping out the lesser people is a reality in real life (welfare system, universal healthcare). But this is a fantasy game and that is one of things that I will let stay in real life.

Run with people you trust. Gather 2-3 other people, make dedicated builds, and farm it up.

*edit*

This is not to be mean or to call someone out just to satisfy my ego.

But...

If you run around with Rajado Banido, be ready to lose all of your drops. He will run to loot bags in the middle of fights and then play stupid when you ask what he took, usually claiming that he doesn't understand english. But make no mistake, he knows EXACTLY what he is doing and will do it every time.

One time in Mt he grabbed a suit of Knight armor, denied that he took it...and finally had to fess up when we all noticed he was suddenly encumbered and couldnt carry it...all the while saying "I don't speak english"...apostrophe and all...
« Last Edit: 01 August 2009, 05:30 by pinkpuff » Logged
Dumbledor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2009, 06:01 »

If you run around with Rajado Banido, be ready to lose all of your drops. He will run to loot bags in the middle of fights and then play stupid when you ask what he took, usually claiming that he doesn't understand english. But make no mistake, he knows EXACTLY what he is doing and will do it every time.

One time in Mt he grabbed a suit of Knight armor, denied that he took it...and finally had to fess up when we all noticed he was suddenly encumbered and couldnt carry it...all the while saying "I don't speak english"...apostrophe and all...

Then, you will love the idea 2, with it, there is no way to hide the fact that you took it.

I refuse to roll for drops. As one of the few, and I mean few (less than 6-7) that can actually be a truly productive part of the run I don't feel as tho I should have to share anything with the guy that died 10 times and caused 3 other people to die 4 times each because of it.

I understand you, however, it am facultative, when you run with friends, room Split is not necessary, but you must suppose that sometimes, like today for us, we have to teamed with persons that we don't know all.

Plus, to be concentrate on your run, one of you grab all the loots, and at the end, to let all your friends take a look on them, they are placed in the split room, nothing enforce you to use the roll pedestal, you can split them at friendly way if the actual party is ok with that.

Dum.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2009, 06:12 »

Don't get me wrong, I really like your idea. It's just a lot easier to take care of things like this on your own.

I personally happen to respect you as a player/person quite a bit, so I'll leave it that.
Khaine
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2009, 13:57 »

I like this idea. I used to play on a server called Path of Ascension, where they had a script that caused players to say "Looted <Insert Item Name Here>." whenever they looted an item. That way no one could ninja and go unnoticed.

The loot split room would also be nice for splitting loot. The way we did it on the other server was that we dumped all the good loot in a bookshelf and then rolled for either turns to pick or for the whole set (if applicable). There are however ways to "fake" a dice roll from using devices that make dice rolls and then announce the results in say, so having a pedestal (or the likes) that takes care of the rolls and announces them would eliminate any foul play in that department.

As Pinkpuff said, you can opt for going with a small group of people you trust completely, but that's not always an option for most players.

It's not paranoia if someone's out to get you!
destrug

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2009, 06:25 »

i agree with pinkpuff 100% on EVERYTHING he said. better yet, try soloing areas. if you lure pel kng outside and leave him there you should be able to farm keep. if soloing orthanc just stay away from beholders.(noone there to res you after death ray) lure npcs across bridge in rivendell. (why do you have to do all mobs when 1rst couple respawn fast enough and they all drop the same thing?) and stay away from that loot stealing bum.
Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2009, 07:03 »

Nothing I hate more then having to Roll the dice for a Rare drop with some loser you've been letting tag along that Dies constantly and does nothing in combat.  And I don't mean they have a crap build with useless items that cant hit anything effectively because if they were genuinely TRYING to do something then sure grab a die. I'm talking more about players that have the ability to do something but sit back in GS and say, i don't know..... refuse to cast a spell and instead just heal people with a weak healing kit with no healing points as a skill. Your kits aren't worth rare drops.
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2009, 20:49 »

Heh, why do I think I know who Zev is talking about Tongue

Ironically enough, that person is vital in the strategy that me and Noruas use to kill galadriel and Pel King each night LOL

As for the topic, I think only a line on the combat log showing who got each item will suffice. The rest, like others have alreayd said, it's better to solve by your own.

I don't mind other ppl joining me and then loot splitting - afterall, how did u ppl made friends and discovered who is trustworthy and who is not? I bet that it wasn't by mind reading Tongue
« Last Edit: 06 August 2009, 20:53 by Abimael » Logged
Dumbledor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2009, 05:23 »

ok, I surrender on the spliit area^^, we will continu to drop them in eru :/

I've send the script Turril need to make appear in combat log the taken loots as he asked.

Hope it will be up asap, today, the aragorn head just disappeared. Asking everyone, same response, "i don't have it"

Dum.
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 August 2009, 07:18 »

Yeah, it kinda bummed me out, even though I wasn't in the raid. However yes, I think that having it say what they picked up for all items is definetly a must.

All's fair in Improved Invisibility and killing.
Angry
« Reply #11 on: 08 August 2009, 16:15 »

I disagree with Pinks point, because some of the guys I party with (sounds like Im a hooker, eh?) are inclusive to a fault (Loc' can solo 99% of the places that he brings other people to, just to help em out), a nice quality in an online game where most dont know the others in real life.  Its great to let everyone play and be invloved, and maybe get a little instruction.  I seem to remember getting a TON of instruction from Zev and Parknutz early on, and a trunk of gear.  I was so thankful I do it all the time now, and some of the instruction actually stuck, so I dont suck nearly as bad as I once did.  

But in letting people along and getting the whole server better, there is exposure to the loot stealers and the me-firsters.  They may be rotten sneaks in real life, or they may be not bad people who somehow are under the impression that they are ok to do stuff to others online because theres no consequences.  Like cutting off the 280 lb truck driver and flipping him the bird while in your sissy Volvo, even though if you were face to face with him, youd cry and wet your pants.

The shout pickup system would keep an honest player honest, and give the nicer players a proof source to say, "Enough.  You cant come with us if you do that crap".
« Last Edit: 12 August 2009, 19:30 by Angry » Logged
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2009, 02:53 »

I'll just mention this because I don't know if everyone has experienced this.

On WoW, they have the absolute best loot system I think I've ever seen. Not all of this is possible in humble nwn, but hopefully it spawns some ideas.

There are several loot modes, the most common being "Free for All" or "Master Looter".
In "Free for All" anyone can access any remains.
In "Master Looter" the party leader designates one person to pick up all remains.
The default mode cycles through each player allowing them to pick up the most recently deceased target's remains, and then the next player will be able to pick up the next dead target's remains.
These modes aren't feasibly "scriptable" on nwn, so let's not pay attention to those.

All gold is divided evenly, already done here.

On items that are flagged as Green, Blue or Purple (item power scales up from grey to white to green, blue, purple) a little menu instantly pops up as soon as the remains containing it are accessed. There is a timer on this menu (I think it's roughly 30 seconds), you can choose to "Pass" to "Need" or to "Greed" for the item. Pass closes the menu. Greed will make a dice roll for the item, the highest wins the item. If anyone selects "Need" the priority is given to the "Need" tier and subsequent dice rolls are made with the highest winning. You are only allowed a certain number of "Need"s per "Instance" or "Raid" in our case; I don't know how many it is because I never saw it exceeded - most people only use it once or twice per instance/raid.

This was something I hoped to do with nwn2, because you can design your own pop up windows... It would be pretty simple, you could eliminate remains entirely and simply have an auto-pick that will automatically place the item that was "dropped" in the winner's inventory.
mirelbesic21
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 August 2009, 14:23 »

Well if someone is takeing loot and other notice it, well he will get on bad reputation and eventualy no one wont party up with him anymore. On other hand when you form a party witch is going to farm an items i allways recomended to put in leader a player who all know well (new party form). He pick all lot and as allways roll for it on spot you have agreed.

P.S. Wow is nice game but you allmost need to dedicate life to get somewhere and raid a places take a huge amount of time. Stoped play it with last expedition pack. Looks like the game wont see end soon Cheesy

janngus
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 August 2009, 14:53 »

Just a parenthesis, to try to make things fairer...

Rajado isn't a bad person, he really doesn't understand english well, and is a big effort for him to figure out the meanings, so in fights or when there's too much talking he may miss when people talk to him, or get the meanings wrong. I think a tell will get his attention, so he sees that people is talking directly to him and then he makes that effort to read.

He has no ill intentions, and is not playing dumb. Sometimes when suddenly he understands and talks well, it's because I'm helping him read. He's nice! Just be nice to him instead of shouting and calling him dumb, like I've seen a few times, (of course he'll get angry!) try to understand his efforts, and he will be nice as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be offensive, I'm just seeing that he's being misunderstood...

Now, on to the main topic again! Cheesy
« Last Edit: 25 August 2009, 15:05 by janngus » Logged
calbrenar
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 25 August 2009, 16:29 »

I enjoy grouping with him and have never had issues.  He even gave one of my lowbies some extra gear to bump his ac in giants lol
MasterThief
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 August 2009, 16:35 »

Ive partied with Rajado a couple of times and unfortunately he does run in and get the drops without even asking all be it hes a nice guy who doesnt speak alot of english it does tend to make you think twice about partying with him.

Since you are teaching him english Janngus maybe you could tell him that snatching the drops is wrong? Maybe in the first few groups he was with were doing this and he thinks its just the norm!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: