Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 11:49

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  10 minute rule for teams..
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 10 minute rule for teams..  (Read 10396 times)
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 August 2009, 04:00 »

Haha and a good opinion at that. I love how you closed the doors as Boy on us like 3 times, then let the 2 Peacekeepers out to kill the rest of us. Once I saw that I thought *I'm willing to bet this person isn't some new player who wants to bug some vets, they mean business* I must say, I am a little dissapointed in the Mordor defenders, I am always there to defend the city when I am on, and when I raid, we always get pushed back by Nuria, Ashe, and Guardian Angel, who so coincidentally happen to log on just in the nick of time to oppose our 6-9 Mords.

All's fair in Improved Invisibility and killing.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 August 2009, 14:18 »

Again, if they finish the raid THEY get the xp bonus and possibly items. Which means relogging is done solely to serve a personal ego and hold back other players. I don't care what the server is called, that attitude isn't good for anyone.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 August 2009, 18:41 »

Again, if they finish the raid THEY get the xp bonus and possibly items. Which means relogging is done solely to serve a personal ego and hold back other players. I don't care what the server is called, that attitude isn't good for anyone.

Or possibly they relog because it means they might get a decent party PvP. Personally I value good PvP WAY above exp and items - the exp can be found anywhere, sure it'll take longer but it's still easy enough to get...the items are harder, but they're not supposed to be easy to get ahold of - that's why a lot of them are powerful. Take the WKs armor - it drops pretty rarely, and if the raid is fought back maybe 30-40% of the time, that reduces the chance of getting it even further. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, we don't want every toon going to have awesome armor right from the start - you have to work at these things.

On a side note - back to the main topic...I can't remember if this has been brought up in the thread or not (and I'm not scrolling back to find out) - I think that if someone who has recently been killed is attacking your city, the 10 minute rule should not apply to them. That is - If you kill them, say in Druadan or Linhir or Poros, and they then go on to attack your city within 10 minutes, technically you're not allowed to fight against them, which makes fighting against the OTHER members of the team very very difficult because you can't use AoE spells even after the NPCs on the ground are dead.
I think if someone is in the Gate/Bridge area, the 10 minute rule should be ignored, and they are a perfectly legal target for anyone within 5 lvls of them. If you think about it - you could get a whole team of 10-12 people, have a "friendly" opponent kill them all, and then attack the city. The 10 min rule would mean you aren't allowed to attack them, and if they did it fast enough they could be completely inside the city before anyone is allowed to defend.

This does NOT mean that when they die they can come back, it just means that if they are there, they are a legal target. The NPCs don't discriminate against people attacking the city, they'll kill anyone, low/high, ten min rule or not. I don't see why we should have to watch our aim, since they're inside our city.

I also think that anyone who is attacking the city (but not those defending) should be a legal target, regardless of level, but that's another issue.

Long side note.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to: