Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16 April 2024, 09:13

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Melee Builds  |  Helmed Horror - Druid 8/Shifter 10/Weapon Master 22
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Helmed Horror - Druid 8/Shifter 10/Weapon Master 22  (Read 9175 times)
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« on: 19 August 2009, 02:52 »

Aight, so this turned out much worse than I expected, but it also has some advantages and.... It's different!  Grin
In summary, I think the wizard 24/druid 6/shifter 10 is much better AC/AB, even though it's temporary. The only advantage of the weaponmaster helmed horror seems to be its crit range and damage.

Base Race: Human
Alignment: Any Neutral

Starting (final) Stats:
Str 8
Dex 15 (18)
Con 8
Int 14
Wis 18 (27)
Cha 8

I've specified which class you're taking by writing # (Class), which means every level thereafter is that class until you see a different class in parenthesis.

1 (Druid) - Alertness, Dodge
3 - Weapon Focus (Scimitar recommended)
4 - Wis +1
6 - Mobility
7 (Shifter)
8 - Wis +1
9 - Spring Attack
12 - Wis +1, Expertise
15 (Druid) - Whirlwind Attack
16 (Weapon Master) - Wis +1, Weapon of Choice
18 - Weapon Proficiency Martial
20 - Wis +1
21 - Weapon Focus Greatsword
24 - Wis +1, Improved Critical Greatsword
27 - Blindfight
28 - Wis +1, Weapon of Choice Greatsword
30 - Great Wisdom 1
31 - Epic Weapon focus Greatsword
32 (Shifter) - Wis +1
33 - Construct Shape
34 (Weapon Master)
36 - Dex +1, Great Dexterity 1, Epic Prowess
37 (Druid) for 40 spellcraft (+8 saves vs spells)
38 (Weapon Master)
39 - Armor Proficiency Heavy or Toughness
40 - Dex +1, Armor Skin

The attack schedule, unbuffed, and in shape is going to be 60/55/50/45 at 13-20x3. The good news here is the +6 weapon is the only thing that adds to the +20 AB cap; which means there's a theoretical +14 you could get from party buffs...
I recommend stocking up on Bless and Aid potions for 62 AB.... and haste potions if you can get your hands on them. The only place I know that sells bless/aid pots is the little shop in Moria.

The AC is much less than expected at:
10 Base + 2 Armorskin + 4 Tumble + 7 Dodge from Shifting + 6 Armor + 6 Shield + 6 Deflection + 6 Natural Armor + 4 Dodge from Boots + 4 from Dexterity + 6 from fully buffed dexterity (+12 to Dex) = 61

I guess the good news here would be traveling with a bard - with song and haste you have 71 AC. Not great either.... but higher than the cleric! Capped at 66.
You can use expertise mode to boost your AC by +5, but you lose 5 AB of course.

You're going to have a hard time maxing your important stats like str/con/dex without outside help methinks...

If you plan on doing this, I'd assemble a crack-set of gear before hand so you're not totally disappointed.... laugh
« Last Edit: 20 August 2009, 01:48 by Rade » Logged
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2009, 02:59 »

You are right on that it's different. And another bonus is everytime you get Morded you don't have to rebuff! Also, it hits 64 with a good Bard song correct?

All's fair in Improved Invisibility and killing.
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2009, 09:59 »

nono

Rade you have to check your build (error level 32 and 33 are shifter)  Grin

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2009, 01:48 »

nono

Rade you have to check your build (error level 32 and 33 are shifter)  Grin
Haha, thanks. Typo.
Godsmack
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2009, 19:19 »

I'd suggest taking druid at lvl 40 instead of 37 to get 43 in spellcraft.  when you add the +2 from int score thats 45, so an extra +1 saves vs spells.  Ok so its 1 less discipline but I think the trade-off is worth it.

My account in game is RainWhenIDie by the way...
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2009, 02:14 »

I'd suggest taking druid at lvl 40 instead of 37 to get 43 in spellcraft.  when you add the +2 from int score thats 45, so an extra +1 saves vs spells.  Ok so its 1 less discipline but I think the trade-off is worth it.
The bonus, as with Tumble, is based of your base skill point investment, not your post-ability-modifier score that shows up in the character sheet. So the cap of effectively is 40 skill ranks in spellcraft (or tumble).
Godsmack
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 August 2009, 02:16 »

Unless this has been coded on Gvm this way, it is actually the modified score that counts. Unlike tumble which is the base score...

EDIT: As quoted from the NWN wiki:

"Unlike with other skills (such as the AC bonus from Tumble), the saving throw bonus is based on fully modified ranks (not base ranks). Hence Epic Skill Focus in spellcraft grants a +2 bonus to all saving throws against spells."

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Spellcraft

psalmanzar
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 August 2009, 07:55 »

I have a question about the AC aspect of this build.

The AC calculation includes a +6 armor bonus, a +6 shield, +6 deflection, +6 natural armor and +4 from dodge boots.  Under default nwn settings, on shifting, all AC bonuses from gear regardless of type are converted into deflection AC, and because this doesn't stack, only the highest bonus is applied. 

What I want to know, from someone who has built one of these before is:  will it work?  I can't remember any mention in the GVM wiki about an alteration to the application of gear AC on shifting, and so I would have never planned for having an AC this high on a non/monk non epic mage armor shifter.
Godsmack
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 August 2009, 09:48 »

There is a Shifter script in place on GvM, see here:

http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm1/wiki/index.php/Shifter_and_Druid_Shapes

I cant see any mention of the AC stacking on this page, but trust me it does. 
All items merge for all shapes.

azurerogue
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 August 2009, 16:49 »

The wiki is often out of date.  This is more a more reliable source for GvM Shifter stuff (scroll down to third or so post):

http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=397.0

Account Name: .denikrut
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 August 2009, 17:06 »

I was just about to say exactly that and suggest checking the "Class changes" sign in Eru's pocket. Those signs are the most up to date information going, and they're very easy to find  Grin

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
psalmanzar
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 August 2009, 17:44 »

The wiki is often out of date.  This is more a more reliable source for GvM Shifter stuff (scroll down to third or so post):

http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=397.0

Thanks for the replies everyone.  That thread hit the nail on the head.
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 March 2010, 13:01 »

heh, was pondering a wm shifter along these lines! I was thinking irongolem instead as the double axe would provide an extra AC-bonus for the WM and the extra attack would help (or 2 if you manage to squeeze in improved 2 weapon fighting with ambidexterity and dex 15)

Such a pitty theat you cannot select weapon proficiency with druid of shifter levels. Otherwise minimum wm levels and maximum shifter could work for the azer or minotaur. Also a pitty that none of the melee-oriented shifter shapes use druid weapons. That leaves elves with longsword in epic drow shape...but AB and AC would be mediocre at best I think.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 March 2010, 07:19 »

I think theepic drow could have realy good ac  but much would be dex.  still my shifter   gets 80ish ac in epic drow form   but it uses base str  so you would need a str based build to play it  so yeah  mid 50s ab proly.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: