Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 14:47

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Misc  |  Players Fiction  |  The walls of Ëadoran
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The walls of Ëadoran  (Read 3663 times)
janngus
Poster

View Profile
« on: 28 August 2009, 16:40 »

Among all cities in Ëarun, Ëadoran, capital of the Ëador Empire, is by far the largest and most populous. According to the latest Ëadorian census, almost three million souls call it home. Its huge commercial traffic, partly due to its own size and partly by its key location, ensure that passing travelers, adventurers and merchants, increase these numbers by something between five hundred thousand and a million and a half souls, depending on the month of the year. An aglomeration of houses, streets, temples, guilds and gardens that in some points sprawls over an area sixty miles wide and harbors the high temple of four mighty gods.

Such marvelous numbers show that Ëadoran indeed deserves the motto "The Hope of Ëarun", for ëadoraners live well and happy under the rule of Emperor Andrus II, Epic Swordsman and the Conqueror of Fruz. A most impressive fact is that Ëadoran is only 590 years old, far younger than most capitals of other kingdoms and empires, and, economic and demographically speaking, has accomplished more than all of these others. Equally impressive are the Walls of Ëadoran, a wonder by all standards, and a icon of the city.

Ëadoran has five rows of walls, and their history and Ëadoran's are intertwined.

Ëadoran was founded in a combined effort among the dwarven lords of Khazunruk-eiîmenu, the Dwarven Kingdom, and the lords of Garrison. Garrison was a city-state that thrived on commerce of goods by the high Ëadorthil and gave security to the river trade in the high Ëadorthil. However, the constant sackings on low Ëadorthil waters made the trip to the Northern Sea, the Sea of Fruz, risky and not practical, effectively closing the Northern Sea to dwarven and ëadorian trade. Guided by a diviner, Garrison settlers, dwarven masons and dwarven stonemoulders arrived at three river islands, six hundred miles down the Ëadorthil. The diviner famously proclaimed that there the Hope of Ëarun would be born, its splendour would be so great that all other cities of Ëador would fall under its rule and the might of this city would be the savior of the Dwarven Kingdom at the time of its darkest hour.

In the first years, a fort was built in the central, larger island, and two towers were built on the other two islands, with high and wide stone footbridges joining the two islands to the central. Houses and a harbor were built at the east riverbank. A mighty wall, 60 feet high and 20 feet thick, was built around the borders of the central island, and another wall, 50 feet high and 20 feet thick, was built around the established community on the east riverbank, with enough space inside for the increasing population. These were the first walls of Ëadoran and are called today The Imperial Walls.

-------------
I will continue the story later, it's about the biggest city in the world I created to DM my pnp game...

What do you people think, so far?
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2009, 05:04 »

That is very good.  I feel like I could see the massive walls and sprawling metropolis against the backdrop of the Northern Sea, as I make a descending approach from the hinterlands.  I'm rather captivated with the description; it appears completely coated in barbed plot-hook potential. 

let's hear more
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: