Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 00:42

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Archer Builds (& Other Ranged Weapons)  |  Cleric WM Monk archer
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Cleric WM Monk archer  (Read 14104 times)
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« on: 04 September 2009, 14:55 »

Pink you think this could be worked out?

15 cleric  unless I can get 14 cleric 6 wm dont have a level atm so not sure it can be done.
5 WM
1 monk
22-35 cleric
2 WM 1 monk
1 cleric
17-20 crit hit and x4 right? 

Go Zen archer and divine might for added damage.
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2009, 15:03 »

Uh... if going archer why WM? There Weapon of Choice Feat only works for melee weapons. And we don't have Keen on bows so that crit range isn't possible with a bow.

All's fair in Improved Invisibility and killing.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2009, 01:07 »

Man, I wish you could...would be crazy.
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2009, 17:56 »

I didn't remember WM couldn't focus on a bow...which is frankly stupid.  You can put KEEN on a freaking club why not a bow then...Weapons Master....isn't a bow a weapon
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2009, 18:37 »

Well, if you want to get into the technical aspect, then there really is no reason why a WM couldn't specialize in the use of bows...

However, if you go into the more PnP/RP aspects of the class, think of it as an individual honing their art through years of practice and practice.  Now, while a marksmen certainly earns that same sort of prowess in his art, there are already classes for that - the Arcane Archer, for instance.  Now, granted, there are more restrictions on this, but the Weapon Master class is taken almost directly from the actual PnP version.  In that same book(if I recall correctly), there is more for the "bowman/crossbowman" than just the Arcane Archer(aka, non-magic-related ranged classes), and so from a PnP standpoint, there was no need to make the WM have non-melee opportunities.

Also, how does one "ki strike" with a bow?  I just picture a Kamehameha, which from a bowshot would just prove disastrous....

nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 September 2009, 19:51 »

Yes, if you don't go Arcane Archer when you make a build then anyone with a Damage Reduction Buff would just thwart you. Unless Ki Strike does apply with Bows?

Also, is there anyway we could put a longow/shortbow as feats into the WM Weapon of Choice? I am thinking not since you would have to make a new feat, but well, I don't know anything about scripting. Also, why do Clubs get Keen and Longbows don't?
« Last Edit: 06 September 2009, 20:09 by nwnolan » Logged

charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2009, 08:29 »

Sorry technically you can PUT keen on a club but I pretty sure there are KEEN clubs.  Now I am of the opinion that keen should only apply to edged weapons but a "harder"  club or a yew long bow would be ok.  Which would increase the crit range. 

this would increase the crit range for sure Tongue
Self-yew English longbow, 6 ft 6 in (2 m) long, 470 N (105 lbf) draw force.105 LB draw force... those little people and 105 lb amazing.
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 September 2009, 17:40 »

There was a discussion on the forums as to how we viewed Keen, and if we shoudl take the literal meaning of it which would only apply to slashing weapons, or go Out-of-the-Box and say that it applies to any well made weapon. I liked the second idea A LOT better. Grin

pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 September 2009, 20:53 »

I don't see how anyone could or would think that "the literal meaning of it which would only apply to slashing weapons"

Define the word 'keen' and you have your literal meaning.

Someone start a real topic, please. Most of the banter in these forums lately is more closely related to the conversation 80 year old women have when getting their hair done than it is for a game with such great possibilities.
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 September 2009, 22:43 »

There is a prestige class called Deepwood Sniper in PnP that has some of the WM abilities.

I believe they get concealment reduction 10% every 4 levels. Keen arrows and crit mulitplier on the bow. Cool class but I doubt CEP would add anything like that.

So basically the threat range on a longbow would be 18-20 x4.
azurerogue
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 September 2009, 01:23 »

I don't see how anyone could or would think that "the literal meaning of it which would only apply to slashing weapons"

Define the word 'keen' and you have your literal meaning.

Someone start a real topic, please. Most of the banter in these forums lately is more closely related to the conversation 80 year old women have when getting their hair done than it is for a game with such great possibilities.

You're right, your posts are much better.
« Last Edit: 09 September 2009, 16:12 by azurerogue » Logged

Account Name: .denikrut
janngus
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2009, 13:21 »

You guys that are around for a longer time than me, what's pinkpuff's problem?
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 September 2009, 14:06 »

He doesn't get laid enough... Shocked Grin
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 September 2009, 14:18 »

keen (kēn) adjective. having a sharp edge or point; that can cut well a keen knife, a keen edge; sharp or cutting in force; ...

Keen can't be placed on a bludgeoning weapon because it doesnt have a freaking edge!

Seriously pink thats like saying why am I not getting slash damage with club?...

NOW if you call it something else that would be FINE.  Bullly club....mac daddy hammer....it just can't be a "KEEN" club.

Park that sounds about exactly right on when we need.
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 September 2009, 15:13 »

Wait.... did that say, sharp point? Sounds to me like arrows should perhaps have keen on them.
Oh, as for you Jaangus, I am going to have to agree with Charlie on this one.

janngus
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 September 2009, 15:21 »

However, there is the "Impact" magical property to bludgeoning weapons, that does that as well. I think that for the sake of simplicity, in Neverwinter there is only "Keen". Seeing things under this light, as an "umbrella term", there is nothing wrong about non-slashing keen weapons, even though this notion would be literally impossible.

It's a magical property that could be called "critical enhanced" and only that, and we wouldn't have this discussion, but ppl at TSR decided that the name would be "keen", and here we are talking about it...

In the end, I think that just the fact that you can't cast keen edge in the non-slashing weapon, and the rarity of this property in magical items that aren't slashing, make it valid to have on a magical item. I mean, why there can be a mace that heals, or a belt that throws fireballs, but no keen clubs? (heck, even daggers can't have a keen edge casted in this game!) It's a magical property as well, only that.
« Last Edit: 09 September 2009, 15:33 by janngus » Logged
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 September 2009, 20:48 »

Lmao, yeah.... bring up the ability to get laid when you live 3 blocks from the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and don't spend 10 hours per day playing a game or trolling the forums Tongue
azurerogue
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 September 2009, 23:58 »

There's something wildly amusing to me about the fact that you imply you're better than anyone else here because you live near a beach and don't spend "10 hours a day" playing a game or trolling the forums.  For someone who has so much fun and isn't as obsessed with this game, you sure do spend a lot of time commenting on the amount of time others are online/posting.  You also seem really uptight for someone who is, apparently, enjoying their life so much.

As for trolling:

Lmao, yeah.... bring up the ability to get laid when you live 3 blocks from the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and don't spend 10 hours per day playing a game or trolling the forums Tongue

Yeah i won't lie, once I realized that i couldnt stab any of the posters I almost decided to stab myself.

Someone desperately needs to get a job.

The first three are you three most recent posts.  The fourth one is like #5 or #6.  Who trolls?  Since I've joined this server, you are the most consistent forum troll I've seen here.  So don't act like you're cool because you live near a beach - it obviously doesn't make you any happier than anything anyone else here does, or you wouldn't be so negative all the time.

Read before you claim you're not a troll: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

EDIT: Before you comment on the length of this post, it took like 3 minutes to write including time to search and copy your posts...shouldn't take much longer to read.

Account Name: .denikrut
The Joker
Poster

Event DM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 September 2009, 02:09 »

Seriously guys? Seriously?  If I had mod powers on this forum I'd take care of it myself, but since I don't - can someone please clean this up and set this topic back on track?  Although really since a longbow WM is not possible on NWN, it should just be closed and possibly removed(?) altogether...
Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 September 2009, 04:50 »

And he's not Joking.  thefinger

Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 September 2009, 05:10 »

Uh-oh!!!
      Someone woke up HazMatt..........Run Away!!!!  icon_blackeye

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 September 2009, 14:31 »

Ollle are"keen" arrows possible?
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 September 2009, 16:17 »

Sorry. At this moment "Keen" is not possible on arrows or bows.  Cry

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 September 2009, 18:58 »

Unfortunately some people just don't think far enough ahead to understand what would happen if some of their 'thoughts' became reality.

A 17-20 crit range archer with a 4x multi? That wouldn't be overpowered would it?

Why are we talking about this again? Archers are too weak? Really?

And yes, I troll every few days, why not, it costs money to live where i do and I get bored at work. Maybe some day I can end up in the basement of your parents house with you, but until then...

charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 September 2009, 19:07 »

Ahh that would exactly the same as a really good hand axe wm build - the shield.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to: