Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 16:34

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  PvP Builds
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PvP Builds  (Read 10814 times)
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« on: 17 September 2009, 20:53 »

So I was thinking about some possibilities, and a Barb 15/WM 7/SD 1 came across my mind. I was thinking of having him using a rapier and a tower shield, with just clothes for armor. I tested it out, and I could squeeze out 62 AC Hasted, and I think it was 44 AB raged at lvl 23. He would get 8 attacks a round on top of that, though he doesn't have KD or Disarm. I'll see if I cvould do his leveling up sequence on the spot.

1: Weapon Focus: Rapier
lvl's 3-15 WM feats, Dodge, Mobility, Expertise, Spring Attack, and Whirlwind Attack.
18: Weapon Finess
21: Improved Critical.

Take SD at lvl 23.
Improvements? Oh also I made him Elf in this. No big reason, I just wanted to name him after Eol the Dark Elf for some odd reason.  Roll Eyes

All's fair in Improved Invisibility and killing.
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2009, 22:26 »

Where are the 8 attacks coming from? I see 4+1 from haste+1 from rage. Where are the other two?

I believe Maeglin22 already plays a toon calle Eol The Dark. I think he hasn't been on in awhile.
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2009, 22:39 »

Oh dangit! Haha oh well. Uh.. when you have greater rage you get an extra 3 attacks per round yes?

azurerogue
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2009, 23:34 »

I thought Greater Rage was 2 (one more if you have terrifying or thundering) but I could be wrong.

Account Name: .denikrut
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2009, 00:14 »

I am just getting all of this information off of the wiki. So I hope I'm right, haha.

sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2009, 05:37 »

Greater rage is +2 attacks, Thundering or Terrifying is +1 attack, and Mighty is +1 attack.
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2009, 14:21 »

I think a dexterity build will make a bad low and mid level pvp build:

1/ with your build, you will have 7 attack with a critical range of 10-20 (50%) x3 with a rapier 1d6 + 5 + 1d10 magic + 1d10 massive (major rapier) = 3.5 * [7.. 21] + 3.5 * 3 * [8..31] ~ 3.5 * 14 + 3.5 * 3 * 20 = 260 dmg average by round

2/ with a strength based build,  you will have 7 attack with a critical range 16-20 (20%) x3 with greatsword 1d10 + 5 + 15 + 1d10 magic + 2d10 massive (azog sword) = 5.6 * [32..40] + 1.4 * 3 * [54..60] ~ 5.6 * 36 + 1.4 * 3 * 57 = 440 dmg average by round

SD 1 level is useless for a level 20+ toon, most of spot items are useable at level 20

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 September 2009, 16:10 »

problems with the buid also include  tower  sheild on a sneak= -10 hide and ms.. go with a large sheild my barb wm sd was very dangerous str based with a battle axe and used a corsair large sheild with the +10 pierce dr.

Any player looking to hunt you down however and carying a few rerstore scrolls or spells will ruin your rage for you and barbs in pvp are signifigantly weaker due to that.

Even so my corsair butcher toon was feasome in pvp vs most toons especialy abes pally Evil
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 September 2009, 17:01 »

Hm... thanks for that info Noruas. And Endless yes I see your point. I would only lose 1 AC from that after all. How much Hide and MS would I gain from going 1 shield size lower? Also, how much AC would I lose if I didn;t go Dex based? I was planning on going scimitar in the beginning, but I realized they can't weapon finess. I was kinda hoping he would also be able to tank if necessary against the high AB Cleric AA, my guy, Anolnahuacatl, at lvl 23 had low 50's AB at the time, and his DEX wasn't even maxed out all the way. Also, I just remembered I didn't max out the tumble all the way, I think I got it to 15 for the Barb guy.

Also, I'd think that there would be enough Hide and MS boosting items (Elrond's Boots being a good example +15 in each) that it should counteract the Spot and Listen items. So I suppose if you invested some skill points into those 2 skills, then yes you could spot them. And I probably will not get any decent time to play now, RL is seeming to be more important then our wonderful server here.

Also, the main reason I posted this was because I've noticed there are no actual builds meant solely for PvP, or I think you can also call them twinks, on here. So... yeah!  Grin
« Last Edit: 18 September 2009, 17:04 by nwnolan » Logged

-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 September 2009, 17:50 »

Any player looking to hunt you down however and carying a few rerstore scrolls or spells will ruin your rage for you and barbs in pvp are signifigantly weaker due to that.

Restore rage has been fixed now I think.
azurerogue
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 September 2009, 18:17 »

Tower Shield = -10 Hide/MS
Large Shield = -2 Hide/MS

So you gain an effective +8 to both skills by dropping one AC.  If you get a Shield of the Night (+6 Large Shield, +6 Hide/MS) you effectively get +14 over an average tower shield. 

As for the change in AC by going strength based.  Here's what I'm getting:

I assumed 18 starting DEX with +6 from levels.

DEX: 10(Base)+6(+6 Robe)+8(+6 Large Shield)+13(36 Dex w/ +12)+6(Amulet)+6(Ring)+4(Haste)+4(Boots)+5(Tumble) = 62 AC

STR: 10(Base)+14(+6 Full Plate)+9(+6 Tower Shield)+1(Dex)+6(Amulet)+6(Ring)+4(Haste)+4(Boots)+5(Tumble) = 59 AC

So you'd lose an average of 3 AC assuming all other equipment is the same (I gave the strength version a tower shield because if you're wearing full plate I saw no reason not to - replace the Weapon Finesse feat with Armor Prof Heavy if you go str, in my opinion). 

Account Name: .denikrut
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 September 2009, 18:32 »

Even so my corsair butcher toon was feasome in pvp vs most toons especialy abes pally Evil

Yeah, I have bad memories about getting you near death and then u magically striking me a crit hit that managed to get me dead before I got you =P
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 September 2009, 19:03 »

So you gain an effective +8 to both skills by dropping one AC.  If you get a Shield of the Night (+6 Large Shield, +6 Hide/MS) you effectively get +14 over an average tower shield. 

DEX: 10(Base)+6(+6 Robe)+8(+6 Large Shield)+13(36 Dex w/ +12)+6(Amulet)+6(Ring)+4(Haste)+4(Boots)+5(Tumble) = 62 AC

STR: 10(Base)+14(+6 Full Plate)+9(+6 Tower Shield)+1(Dex)+6(Amulet)+6(Ring)+4(Haste)+4(Boots)+5(Tumble) = 59 AC

So you'd lose an average of 3 AC assuming all other equipment is the same (I gave the strength version a tower shield because if you're wearing full plate I saw no reason not to - replace the Weapon Finesse feat with Armor Prof Heavy if you go str, in my opinion). 

Hm.. I should find that shield then. Also, if I go Full Plate TS, then I probably shouldn't take SD then, because sneakign is pointless in it.

sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 September 2009, 19:14 »

Balrog's armor (gl on that Tongue), or the much easier to get full plate from Tomb of the Fallen both have +hide/ms on them.
Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 September 2009, 19:25 »

Also, the main reason I posted this was because I've noticed there are no actual builds meant solely for PvP, or I think you can also call them twinks, on here. So... yeah!  Grin

Your kidding right?

Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
nwnolan
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 18 September 2009, 22:48 »

Um... I didn't think I was kidding. Perhaps I should've refraised it and said low level builds, like builds that go till the 20's.

Also, what is the penalty for wearing full plate and goign around sneaking? Do those Hide and MS bonuses make up for it?

sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 September 2009, 23:19 »

Fallen plate is +16 +12 Hide/MS I think. And Zev has twinks (ie low level pimped out pvp toons).
« Last Edit: 20 September 2009, 03:06 by sestitodc » Logged
Sisyphus
Poster

to live is to die - to die is to live

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 September 2009, 06:45 »

Where do Shields of the Night drop? and from whom?

sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 September 2009, 07:07 »

In Morannon/Barad Dur areas, from the Priestesses.
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 September 2009, 14:53 »

Lmao..

If this were my topic i'd request a moderator to delete every post except Zev's and then proceed to suck up to him a bit and hope he shares some info.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: