Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18 April 2024, 07:35

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Factions
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Factions  (Read 2446 times)
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« on: 15 October 2009, 10:08 »

I see in the pocket that you arent allowed to cast the dominate spells on faction NPC's can someone clarify what that is? I can see that if you Gondor or Mordor then the city npcs etc are your own faction but if im a Gondor for instance can i dominate in the corsairs? Lorien? Baradur? Outpost etc? If Mordor pelegair? Rivendell? etc

I'm confused to whether because NPC's are friendly to the other side are they regarded as faction NPCs and as such not allowed to be dominated?

ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2009, 16:17 »

The rule is you are NOT allowed to dominate any NPC that is of faction Gondor or Mordor. The only exceptions are the shopkeeps in O City and Bandit Lair but only for shopping.

This prevents massive xp loss, faction hostilities, and an easy time getting thru hard areas.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2009, 17:22 »

Everything is immune to dominate, charm, confusion, mind fog, etc in hard areas so I guess that's not a valid point.

The only reason I see for that rule is that if you PVP and have an already dominated faction npc the attacker could eventually attack the dominated guy and thus getting faction hostile by accident.

Basically, what you're saying is "don't build crowd controllers, our NPC's won't be able to kill you easily then!"

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2009, 03:17 »

I really haven't put mind immunity or immunity to those spells on anything other than a boss recently, so there are certainly a few decent faction NPCs that you could use to your benefit.

As long as you don't try to PvP with a dominated faction NPC, I doubt you'll make anyone unhappy.
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2009, 10:04 »

Thanks for the replies so i can dominate anything in the corsairs, Lorien, Outpost, pelegair, and Rivendell as they arent gonds or mords just friendly to them... Is baradur counted as part of Mordor? Sorry if im being a bit dense here  Smiley before the wipe i had decent success dominating in issendor thats why i ask but there werent as many faction friendly npcs as far as i remember.

Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2009, 20:04 »

Actually corsairs, rivendell, barad dur, harad, edoras, helms deep etc are all factioned areas.....the only reason you are not to dominate a factioned npc is because IF you get into a pvp and the other player is attacked by, defends against, kills etc the dominated npc of the same faction then the player will end up having his faction hostile, loss thousands of exp for faction killing.
  If you are in an area like the corsair city, or helms deep where same factions dont travel to often you can risk dominating an npc, but if you get into a pvp (attacked or u attack) you had better release the dominated creature first, and any exp loss becuase of your dominated npc will be taken by myself or another dm ie..if u cost Gondor player A 3200xp then Gondor player will end up getting back from staff, and then we will take that exp from you as well.
 Frequent issues with this will cause other steps to be taken

radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2009, 10:06 »

K Turril thanks for the clarification  Smiley so if i dominate i better not get caught  wink

Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2009, 15:11 »

yep that is is in a nut shell Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: