Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23 April 2024, 18:52

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Alternative Tank ?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alternative Tank ?  (Read 5200 times)
Thiagow2008
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« on: 12 November 2009, 20:09 »

Dwarf - 4 sorc | 10 pm | 26 DD   -    lawful neutral or evil

3 sorc 10 pm 1 sorc 26 DD

stats str 10 - dex 14 - con 18 - int 14 - wis 8 - cha 12

pre epic feats

dodge, toughness, expertise, improved expertise, skill focus heal or weap finesse , skill focus discipline, weapon focus of choice or imp parry

epic feats

epic DR III
epic energy resist one of each
grt dex II
armor skin or esf discipline

skills

disc 43
heal 43
tumble 20     u still have 46 left
parry??

ab is completly rubbish, 40ish with finesse - 27 w/o it ( lol )

the point of this build is to tank pretty much everything

HP is close to 800 i guess with +12 con or even higher than that

u get really high dr and decent ac, adds imp inv and will be hard to hit you, u dont lose ac when flat footed cuz of def waraness or something like that so will be hard to hit you and when they do you will cancel most of the dmg

if the calculations are correct u get 42 physical DR ( 18 from DD + 9 from feats + 5 from 6 soak 5 item + 10 resist from items = 42 ) and 15 elemental ( 10 from feats plus 5 from items or 10 if u manage to find one ) so basically the only problem will be magical/pos/neg/divine dmg, will be great if you can find items with atleast +5 resist from each and ofc bigger bosses will still break your DR with their insane physical dmg

you can have 80ish ac with +6 gear +5 boots haste and imp exp, 85ish with bard song

the porblem will be raiding MT ( if you make it mordor ) cuz of divine might, but with 85ish ac ( if you got a bard in the raid ) you will be dodging some PKs attacks so the main problem will be aragorn

idk if parry/def stance stacks with imp exp but if it does youll get 89ish ac ( with bard song ) and will be parrying some attacks, but if not dont put skills in parry and use imp exp

problems

the problems of this build is: no str so you wont be able to carry much stuff and most of what you can carry will be heal kits anyway, but since this is not a solo build the party members can carry the drops

low disc: not a str based, so you will be getting KD if they can hit you, i recommend using disc gear and a viable choice would be trading armor skin for esf disc ( i got armor skin in the last lvl so it was bonus, i dont think u can get esf in DD bonus feats so trade one NON bonus epic resist feat for esf and get the epic resist in the bonus feat )

extremely low ab: you wont be hitting anything besides 20s so, yeah, that sucks and even when u hit the dmg will be embarrasing lol

but honestly the MAIN problem of this build will be lvling, if i try this i would only be lvling in a party or from big quest xp ( eomer/sistra aragorn/wk)

so... suggestions ? even the str based type of this same build is good but with high ac is even better hehe

there must be some mistakes cuz i just thought of it

sorry bout my english/spelling :p

« Last Edit: 12 November 2009, 20:21 by Thiagow2008 » Logged
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2009, 20:52 »

definitely need more PM levels to get Epic Warding. Take PM lvls to 15 or 16.  I'm pretty sure the AC is garbage so you will get hit frequently and against the harder bosses you won't last all that long.
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2009, 20:57 »

Why go sorc? Make it wiz, dump in int and get more skill points and some higher lvl mage spells.
Thiagow2008
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2009, 22:10 »

well i know some str types of this build that can tank good, i just added ac to it. idk if it could get epic mage armor with 14 pm lvls, but if it could it would be great, so 4 sorc/wiz 14 pm and 22 DD, since DD DR is every 4 lvls you would lose only 3 DR, and could add epic mage amor and epic warding, so ac would be hitting 95s with bard song probably and more DR from warding in exchange for 2 epic feats, not sure what now, since all epic DR and epic resist are a must, or maybe its possible to get all, just need to grab these 2 feats in pm bonus lvls ( wich is epic spell and epic resist i guess )

if the minimum lvl for epic spells using a pm is 20 than it doesnt worth it, cuz the main thing of this build is DR, i just added ac as a bonus, if 18 is enough, 4 wiz 18 pm 18 DD, you will lose 6 DR in exchange for more ac and temporary DR from warding, but the problem with warding is that ends quickly, so when it ends you will be taking way more dmg, specially from ubber bosses, cuz you wont kill the bigger bosses before warding ends, unless ure in a big raid

« Last Edit: 13 November 2009, 08:52 by Thiagow2008 » Logged
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2009, 11:18 »

Maybe you should go down another tank route and build a PM with Epic dodge instead of DR I was thinking of 19 PM lvls (after lvl 20) for epic warding and mage armour and either rogue or SD coupled with bard. The benifit is if SD catching them flatfooted helps with low ab (solo) or rogue sneaks help with low damage (party). If you went the SD route i would take dex to 25 and then pile on the str and depend on items to boost hide & MS, no point if rogue as your damage comes from sneaks and having no HIPS you need that extra AC boost. 

Having built a DD 22 /SD 1/Rogue 17 he was pretty effective but gets creamed on Crits but has a decent sneak attack and hide (str based) with items, good for soloing some areas and the dr is a handy backup, i find myself using him more as a tank than sd though  Grin

A bard 14 sd 10 pm 16 might also be a decent alternative but the damage is pitiful.

ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2009, 16:32 »

Parry will only work effectively if your skill is 10 points higher than your AC. In this world it's not very practical for those with 70+ AC.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Thiagow2008
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2009, 19:11 »

i was thinking more in a raid tank, so pm is a must imo, the str based type of this build is already good, can tank most of the stuff, but with the same DR + high AC would be even better, even bosses could miss some attacks at you, so i really liked the idea.

there are 2 types of tanks: AC tank or DR tank, i simple tried to merge them and create an AC/DR tank

i would like to know the minimum lvl necessary for pms to get epic spell, that way i would give up some DD lvls to get epic mage armor/warding, to reach close to 90s ac and boost my DR, that way ppl would miss me a lot and when they manage to hit, i wont lose more than 10 dmg i bet ( unless from unresistble dmgs ).

imo is one of the best tank builds, or maybe the best one
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: