Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 14:09

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Module armory
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Module armory  (Read 7244 times)
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« on: 20 April 2010, 06:07 »

Before we start, I'm not advocating building a module armory to get weapons from - the subject of this discussion will BE the armaments present in the module. This will be long so if you don't like long posts, don't bother reading it.

Right. It's been a while since I made a suggestion post (and it's not a complaint, just a suggestion), so I thought I'd start with something that seriously bugs me, and move on from there.

Dimba's Axe.
Barbarian only.
Sonic damage.
Why? What possible reasoning could have been behind that? Seriously - I know you don't want to simply give out weapons with good extra damage, but giving it sonic makes it useless.
Now for the kicker. Bilgash's axe....SONIC BONUS. AGAIN. 2d6 sonic damage...Why?! It's EVEN MORE USELESS since it has no extra damage types and stat penalties just for using it.

Now that that's out of the way...I think some weapons are under-represented in the module. I agree there should be exceptional weapons that grant extra bonuses in exchange for a sacrifice (like a 2h weapon with more damage bonuses than an equivalent 1h) to make the less appealing weapons more playable - but I don't think that this should mean that ALL good weapons should be harder to use, only the best ones.

Here's an example.
  • Kukris are well-represented in the module. There are lots of different ones with varying abilities. This is good - keep it like that.
  • Maces are under-represented (from what I know) since the only good mace I've ever heard of is the Mace of Corruption. Seriously - that's about all I know.
  • Greataxes and Greatswords are well represented, with lots that have many powerful damage modifiers, like azog's sword, knights sword, Force of Nature, Balrog's sword, Baragor's greataxe, Greater Mordor Cleaver, Gorelack's Greataxe, BD storm axe. Shield ring makes these a lot more usable...
  • Battleaxes - a few of them, but most are crap. They're supposed to be the barbarians favourite weapon, but there are only one or two (greater corrosive is fairly good, mordan's blade is probably second) that are actually at all useful for a barbarian, since others use sonic damage (see above). The damage bonuses are also commonly resisted - Mestil's acid sheath and elemental shield are the two most common damage shields in the game for NPCs.
  • Rapiers - I've heard of quite a few good ones. Fairly well represented.
  • Gloves - I know monks can be hard to fight with using only your fists, but this is insane. Some of the gloves have nasty nasty abilities (level drain, divine damage bonus, wounding on a lot, con drain)...and then there's the Balrog's claws.
  • Handaxe - I hear there are one or two great ones, but not many others. Don't honestly know much about these.
  • Light hammers - where are these? They could be awesome, but there aren't any.
  • Crossbow - these exist ingame? What are there...two?
  • Spears - I hear there's one good one. Eomer's.
  • Sling - Couple of good ones (interceptor rings a bell), but mostly rubbish.
  • Scimitar - nothing major, very few ingame...this seems to be a trend.
  • Bastard swords. Loads of good ones. Not over-represented or underrepresented.
  • You know what else could be good? Two-bladers. I don't think I've ever heard of any two-blader builds, or any good two-blader weapons. They have that great WM deflect thing, but no one uses it because there aren't any good two-bladed weapons - maybe make a few two bladed swords that have +2d8 damage rather than +1d8 as would be on a longsword, so you get twice the bonus on both weapons in exchange for the lack of ac. Things like that make all the difference.
  • Clubs...and I mean proper clubs not magic fish.
  • Shortswords. I've heard of two really good ones that are pretty much Mordor-only because they drop in pelargir, but that's about it.
I'm not going to keep going. Partly because this list is already huge, and partly because I can't think of weapon types. There are at least 4 other types I haven't even mentioned yet.

I originally made this post to half-complain about the lack of good damage bonuses on battleaxes, because I have a barb who can't use most of them. Doing a bit of digging, it turns out there are more weapon types that have virtually nothing any good on them at all.
There don't need to be loads of amazingly high-powered weapons for every type, but it'd be nice to have three or four +5 enhancement weapons for each category, with different damage bonuses and maybe a couple with keen.

Another small thing - try to balance out which sides get which weapons, because right now some weapons can only be gotten by one side, with the other side having to make a new toon or trade just to have access - that's just not fair. I know most people have a toon on each side...but how many made that so they'd have access to the items?

Alright. I'm done. It's long because I think it's important and has a lot to cover, and needs to be long. To break it up into a series of questions and replies (Where is such and such a weapon in the list) just dilutes the point.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2010, 06:46 »

good maces exist lawson one of them is a prety easy find in outpost.

Light hammers?  Seriously?  lol  the only lighthammer users would be a shifter or dragon.

Uber crossbow to be found in lonley mountain from lowley dwarf archers   I mean REALY BADAZZ. +5  ENCHANT  not attack bonus and  KEEEN!!! My tool set dosent alow such items Props to ollie for the hacks!

battle axes?   yeah i havent seen a uber one but axe of the warlord with a keen wand is decent and scavy nega axe and even greater corrosive axe are ok  and all for sale!

clubs.  old reliable hillgiant club from ancient hillgiant is used by my sorc and sometimes by my shifters, for the decent magical damage and the Discipline + Cool

There is a new item thread in Gvm future talk  dream us up some weps with cool descriptions and nice abilities and postem Cheesy
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2010, 07:33 »

Light hammers?  Seriously?  lol  the only lighthammer users would be a shifter or dragon.

Ouch, that stings. My dr tank used a light hammer cause I was tired of always using the hill giant club :p +5, 1d6 neg, 1d8 sonic, +4 disc, +2 dex, 1d10 mass crits, and on hit blindness.

As far as shortswords go, you should check out the Mordor Osg bosses; Gothmog drops a good one. +5, 1d8 electric and acid, keen, 2d6 mass crits, only useable by ranger (and don't remember if it's umdable)

Given the quality of longbows found on the server, I definitely couldn't see myself going Xbow because of one decent one that drops in Lonely Mountains.

Overall, I think bastard sword is probably the best represented weapon type in game, atm. There are a plethora of good/great ones with a wide variety of damage types.

There are also several good scimitars in game, most of which can only be acquired by a Gondor :X Sunfire, Deep Sea Scimitar, and Chaos Wind drop from Mordor-aligned mobs.

I definitely agree though about it being annoying finding barb-only weapons with sonic damage on them, especially when thundering rage would add more sonic damage than is currently on the weapon :p
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2010, 15:20 »

The three weapons I would love to see more of are Crossbows, slings, and whips.  I have NEVER seen a crossbow, sling, or whip user on the game and I'm guessing it's because there aren't really good weapons of these types.  Like, I feel like crossbow should be just as important as a bow.  Gondor bosses use bows which is fine with me, but then Mordor bosses should get crossbows.  We already have really good bows: perferator, Bards bow, Azrwyns bow (sp?), The fighter only bow I think?  Haven't actually seen that one.  And I'm guessing the Osi boss on Gondor side drops a good bow, haven't ever seen in drop.  I just think, that if you made some really good crossbows, then there might be more crossbow users.

NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2010, 17:11 »

That's quite a fast response, I must admit. The one excuse I will make is that it was 5am and I was tired, but having re-read what I posted I do agree with it.

good maces exist lawson one of them is a prety easy find in outpost.

OK - fair enough, I'll cross maces off the "under represented" list and put them on "Average representation", like Longswords and daggers (which have a few powerful outliers).

Doesn't matter ^_^ they don't exist, and they should, just so that the option is there if someone wanted to make a light-hammer toon for whatever reason.

Uber crossbow to be found in lonley mountain from lowley dwarf archers   I mean REALY BADAZZ. +5  ENCHANT  not attack bonus and  KEEEN!!! My tool set dosent alow such items Props to ollie for the hacks!

Ok I didn't know about that one...other than that, are there any that are good but not fantastic?

battle axes?   yeah i havent seen a uber one but axe of the warlord with a keen wand is decent and scavy nega axe and even greater corrosive axe are ok  and all for sale!

Scavy has a nega axe? I only saw mordan's withering blade (which I have) and the greater corrosive axe that you can buy doesn't have all of the damage bonuses (doesn't have keen, for one) that the other "Greater corrosive axe" does.
At least assuming the one you're talking about is for sale in Edoras.

clubs.  old reliable hillgiant club from ancient hillgiant is used by my sorc and sometimes by my shifters, for the decent magical damage and the Discipline + Cool

Ok, that makes two good clubs I've heard of, assuming this one isn't the "Hill giant basher" which is the other one.

There is a new item thread in Gvm future talk dream us up some weps with cool descriptions and nice abilities and postem Cheesy

I will, I will. one problem I come to though is that I don't know enough about the LoTR universe to make them properly "in-universe" weapons.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2010, 17:20 »

As far as shortswords go, you should check out the Mordor Osg bosses; Gothmog drops a good one. +5, 1d8 electric and acid, keen, 2d6 mass crits, only useable by ranger (and don't remember if it's umdable)

...There are also several good scimitars in game, most of which can only be acquired by a Gondor :X Sunfire, Deep Sea Scimitar, and Chaos Wind drop from Mordor-aligned mobs.

OK I'll deal with yours in one big one Sest, since most of it is pretty easy...
Shortswords - I know there are a few, but they tend to be more for special bonuses (eg, hide bonus on shadowsilk, eye gouger for blindness) than just pure damage. I haven't checked out the "new" (it's still new to me) Osgiliath properly yet, so I have no idea what they drop...I'm slightly limited in that I'm going by items that were around the last time I played.

Scimitars I didn't know about - I'll retract what I said about them as well, and put them in the average pile.
Maybe swap a scimitar or two with one of the Mordor-only weapons to balance things out a bit - because having certain weapon types that only drop to one faction is very annoying and time-consuming trying to get ahold of them.

Meatheadthered

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2010, 20:13 »

I think your best option is to farm and trade gear till u get some decent stuff, then create your toon around the gear. I would like to see some Mauls tho, they just look so cool smashin someones head in with a huge hammer.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2010, 20:55 »

I think your best option is to farm and trade gear till u get some decent stuff, then create your toon around the gear. I would like to see some Mauls tho, they just look so cool smashin someones head in with a huge hammer.

That's the problem - farming takes an age, and trading means having something to trade in exchange (which means more farming), which all adds up to a very long time spent just trying to get the gear. Especially if you only build toons on one faction, because you shouldn't be forced to make toons on the other faction just because it has more or better items. I'm all for building a toon around a fantastic drop, but you shouldn't have to farm one boss just to get the weapon you need to build a toon, simply because it's the ONLY good weapon of that type available in the game.
Then you are limited with weapon choices because of the weapons available in-game, and can't build the toon you *want* to build because the only versions of that weapon available in-game suck...

Don't get me wrong - I think in general the DMs do a fantastic job of balancing both factions, but when one weapon is almost exclusive to one faction, or where it doesn't exist at all in a powerful form, is a problem that I think would be relatively painlessly remedied. I know thinking up weapons (especially backstories) is hard, but it can be done if you think of a weapon you would like to see in-game,suggest it so it can be worked in. There will always be complaints, but the DMs know what bonuses will be balanced with respect to other items more than I do, so I'll leave it up to them to pick and choose what they think will work. They can't pick and choose with no choices though ^_^

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 April 2010, 01:15 »

I added a strong mace in Osgiliath and another with Harnen.  Others with good damage types exist.

Scimmys are good and I just added the Sunfire which doesn't take an uber toon to get.

There are some good daggers and whips.  Not much, but out there.

Battleaxe has always been sparse - the dwaraxe kinda took it over.

There are some good double weapons.  Imrahil might have the best one.  Anyone know what the Stinger Lord is packing these days?

Shortswords I have to admit are hard to come by.  3 of the best are had by bosses, and I doubt you'll get one of those without a group.  However, those aren't that much better than some of the standard ones that even I can get.

Personally I don't see the club, light hammer, spear, dart, dagger, whip,... as really being major weapons of war which is probably why their availability has lagged behind.  I was in process of replacing all light flails with morning stars.

Mauls are cool, just no feats to focus with them.

Xbows have a particular niche in the world that is different than that of bows.  I think bows are for the dextrous, lightly armored types, and Xbows are for the heavily armored, strength-based grunt. 

The reasoning is:  the strength-based grunt doesn't have the finesse to aim well with a bow, and needs something that is more manageable for the close combat grunts tend to find themselves in.  The length of a bow, the length of an arrow shaft, the arrows stored on your back and the range of motion needed to use them just isn't easily accomodated by heavy armor... practically speaking (at least how I see it).  For Xbows however, bolts have short shafts/stored at the hip, are for shorter range and seems like they would generally be easier to aim (I don't have one around to try lol).  You never hear of great warriors specializing in these (i.e. famous archers exist, famous xbowmen... not so much). 

So what I'm saying from a game standpoint is that I'd like to add attack bonuses to Xbows for certain melee classes based on level, especially fighters.  Consider it like a combat skill they get good at. That way, the STR-based grunt could also be potentially dangerous with a ranged attack (which everyone will luv 'cause it adds another dimension to your grunts).  Whereas right now, unless you focus in it, you ain't goin' to hit a thing.  ...now I was in the process of explaining why I haven't been able to make this work in the past, but I think I just came up with an idea to do this lol.  Dang, where was this a year and a half ago!

The idea would be to add a bonus based on level if your STR modifier is higher than your DEX modifier so that DEX-based fighters wouldn't have massive AB with Xbows and ruin the purpose of AAs and bows.

anyways I talk too much
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 April 2010, 02:08 »

See Terror this is why we love you.
And I had no idea about the light flail/morningstar thing - but that's cool =D

I hope I won't have to remake this toon for a dwarven waraxe though... it's been slow enough as is without having to build for a whole other type of weapon...I don't suppose dwarves get the dwarven waraxe as a free weapon usage at creation, do they? Still have to take exotic weapon prof? =S

cosmic_pariah
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2010, 07:12 »

the finisher is not umd'able(shortsword from osg), There is only one good whip and that is from Elrond's punk of a son in riv. I have not seen any other worth a p drop in the snow. There is only one good light hammer and ses is the only one I have ever seen that has it. there are only 2 good daggers, one boss drop in BG tower, one from dol guldur necro, light flail is so under rep'd that it is a worthless POS that only an idiot would focus in, sling is a farg'n joke, interceptor is best I have seen since angel was wiped. Scimmy is also a lame duck, only 2 are even ok, unele and the one from scavy, there are pretty much no clubs at all, a few drop but are crap. Spears are about worthless unless ya get eomer's, there is one good q-staff and that is ragd's, fire pole is crap, so is the bludg garbage from misty giants...there are a couple decent morning stars.. nothing great but ok. Reaver's Star is best I have seen. Handaxe is so limited to boss drops you best not even make a user unless you already have the axe, there are a few (3) good ones, one from fuirnor, one mini-balrog, one ground'skeeper, Rapier is pretty much only for Mordor's.. Bard's being the best, venom and elf rapier(riv), a couple new ones I saw, all sh*t.. 1 dire mace 1 double axe, 2 double swords, war hammer is only dragon's roar Mordor kill only, and thunderbolt's, one drops in lonely but good flippi luck with that..oh one in osg(Mordor kill only again) but that one is good allign'd only.. Longswords are only obtainable if you are a Mordor or trade, PK's sword and Evenstar.. again, good luck..maces are the one from smaug's chest, 4d8 bludg is awesome, if you are so lucky to get it and corruptor, there are a couple not bad ones that drop tho, ret, and others. Katanas are only if you are a super farmer you will get the best (over 150 tries for me) from shadowsword's man in dol guldur, I have no idea if Avalanche even drops now that wipe. Dys Honor is OK, but only that, neg energy damage is so much a joke it aint funny..Halberds are ok, only a few but all not bad, scythe is well represented, a few of them a couple in faction neutral areas. plenty of bows, both long and short. some nice darts, some nice bullets, (if we had a sling worth a sh*t) one group of throwing axes (osg drop) or scavy.. club is a joke.. greatsword and bastage have several to chose from, greataxe is ok there are a couple Gondor only drops but bara;s is faction neutral(if you can kill him) battleaxe......nothing worth mentioning, all garbage come on, sonic damage on a barb weapon only  LOL..(that would be dimba's) I can't think of any more atm, but I kinda agree with Lawson, we need to have more weapons to choose from, we are really limited to a few that have ok stats, some with uber stats but still, let's liven the place up with obscure weapons worth a damn and we will have another couple years of toons to build.

longest damn post I ever made.....
                                                   cosmic
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 April 2010, 16:26 »

Funny thing is, now I've talked to you on vent I can picture you just reeling that off one after another...
And yeah we don't necessarily need uber weapons for every weapon class, some of them already exist, we just need not-bad ones to make it worthwhile building something without having the only good piece of equipment in the mod.

You guys know what is lacking better than I do though, because (as has been pointed out to me) there are a lot of good boss drops that I just don't know about, have never heard about, and probably would not have heard about in the next few months XD

schlix
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 April 2010, 07:26 »

there is a a club called blood fury: +5/neg1d6/keen/2d8mass crit. drops from rivendell mobs i think.

only thing that comes to mind abt weapons underrepresented, it would be nice to see a few more kamas - only decent one ive seen is soul prick

balorgs sword also suffers b/c it has sonic & massive crit on it. but you can still make a potent barb w/ those weapons. consider terrifying rage...with the right gear & build, you can get 100+ taunt. v nice for taking out hi AC opponents & casters.

The closer you are to danger, the further you are from harm. - J.R.R. Tolkien
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 April 2010, 00:36 »

There's been a good club floating around since before the First Age. I've only seen 1 player foolish enough to attempt getting it.  ent

Improved Kamas are one weapon that you most likely won't find. Just over abused by SD Monks.  evil7

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 23 April 2010, 13:31 »

What is differnce between good kama's and good gloves?

NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2010, 17:06 »

Kamas give more attacks per round - because you get the extra offhand attacks when you dual-wield. 8 attacks per round is more than enough with some of those gloves...without getting started on 10 attacks per round with a better weapon.

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 April 2010, 02:56 »

I'll fix dimba's axe.  I agree that some items are less represented than others, but I see decent weapons for every group (I just looked thru the weapons palette).

I am never opposed to hearing about crummy stuff that could be improved or isn't working.  If there is anything I like talking about, it's this game.

I personally use good/evil alignment restrictions on some things.  Being good/evil guarantees you easier access to a number of good items.  Keep that in mind.  Sometimes I have to use some restriction so that shifters or cleric-dragons can't use them.  A whip with 6d4 pierce on it is a good whip, but add that to other shifter damage bonuses as a one handed weapon and it starts to get out of control.

I wouldn't expect to see us try and even out what faction can get what weapon types.  It's too much work and I'd rather add new weapons when I make an area rather than utilize old... it cheapens existing areas if you re-use their items elsewhere - a problem we run into building these days.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 April 2010, 03:27 »

Agreed, evening out the weapons one at a time would be too difficult, but one plan you could use is to take a weapon that is known to be lacking to one side (say Mordor has a hard time finding Scimitars) and when you next update an area for Mordor, stick a good scimitar in there. It doesn't need to be the best ingame, and it doesn't need to be a currently available one, but it's new and it would help to balance out the numbers, even if only by a little bit.

Good/evil is a good system, because it carries risks (like smiting) and rewards you for taking those risks...

Was the palette reset since the wipe (I would assume so)? Maybe the weapons are just so rare that no one even knows they exist...it's entirely possible that the ones that seem to be lacking all drop to high level bosses, or in out of the way places which otherwise offer little motivation for going there, and people (meaning anyone other than retired people and farming vets) just don't know about them.

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 April 2010, 23:24 »

Xbows have a particular niche in the world that is different than that of bows.  I think bows are for the dextrous, lightly armored types, and Xbows are for the heavily armored, strength-based grunt. 

The reasoning is:  the strength-based grunt doesn't have the finesse to aim well with a bow, and needs something that is more manageable for the close combat grunts tend to find themselves in.  The length of a bow, the length of an arrow shaft, the arrows stored on your back and the range of motion needed to use them just isn't easily accomodated by heavy armor... practically speaking (at least how I see it).  For Xbows however, bolts have short shafts/stored at the hip, are for shorter range and seems like they would generally be easier to aim (I don't have one around to try lol).  You never hear of great warriors specializing in these (i.e. famous archers exist, famous xbowmen... not so much). 

So what I'm saying from a game standpoint is that I'd like to add attack bonuses to Xbows for certain melee classes based on level, especially fighters.  Consider it like a combat skill they get good at. That way, the STR-based grunt could also be potentially dangerous with a ranged attack (which everyone will luv 'cause it adds another dimension to your grunts).  Whereas right now, unless you focus in it, you ain't goin' to hit a thing.  ...now I was in the process of explaining why I haven't been able to make this work in the past, but I think I just came up with an idea to do this lol.  Dang, where was this a year and a half ago!

The idea would be to add a bonus based on level if your STR modifier is higher than your DEX modifier so that DEX-based fighters wouldn't have massive AB with Xbows and ruin the purpose of AAs and bows.

I am reposting this because I got it to work and we'll give it a try in the mod.  It's a change that doesn't alter the bottom (or upper) line really.  I decided to give a +1AB to fighters per 3 levels and +1AB to PDK/CoT/Pally/BG/DD per 5 levels (I view the afore mentioned classes as the STR-based grunts). 

Now you only get the bonus from levels if it is greater than your DEX modifier.  Reason being, if you are very dextrous you would rely on that natural ability to aim as opposed to relying on your skills from the classes you take.  Or, you wouldn't have developed those xbow skills if you were dextrous enough to do it better anyways.  Hope that makes some sense.  Besides, if I added the bonus to DEX builds you could have outrageous permanent-AB.

So we'll hopefully see this soon.  There are some decent bolts at the fletcher merchants.  If this causes people to use xbows more, I'm sure you'll start to see more interesting xbows and bolts to go with.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 April 2010, 00:16 »

You're the man, Terror - it could prove to be a more useful long-ranged tool for your standard fighter-types than a longbow. Right now even if a competent hitter with good ab picks up a longbow, they probably won't get much more than about 30-40 ab with it tops. Depending on the build, this could allow hitters who get very good ab normally to get half-decent ranged ab as well.

It'd certainly mean they won't be completely useless against ranger-types who they can't hit - like the guards at the Black Gate. It's really difficult to hit them when you don't have a proper archer, and it can be annoying trying to trim them down if your mage doesn't have quite a few horrids (since they're pretty much immune to everything else)...this might not make Str-based grunts (as you put it =D) a match for a properly built PC archer in long-range combat, but it at least means they're not completely useless in situations like that, where the NPCs are attacking from somewhere out of reach, or somewhere that can NEVER be reached.

Speaking of BD (just off the top of my head) - can I suggest putting in doors that lead to the top of all the towers, on the inside (by which I mean on the opposite side of the gate to the way PC attackers come from), so that people can get down if they accidentally get stuck up there?
It's really annoying having to rely on a DM if you get stuck in the glitch, and it makes sense that there'd be a way up there - since the archers get up there somehow.
If it's possible, you could make them one-way doors as well, so that you can only get DOWN not UP, which doesn't make them any easier to take down since you still couldn't get up there to hit them, except by accident.

ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 April 2010, 16:05 »

The archer towers have had doors for awhile.

(\__/)
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 April 2010, 19:10 »

The archer towers have had doors for awhile.

The towers you pass going into the black gate, and then into BD itself (I think the exact location is Isenmouth or something...?) have doors? I know CU has doors to it's archer towers.

So why does no one seem to know about them? Every time I go I get warnings not to get stuck on top of the towers (I think it's something to do with the opening doors pushing you up there) and that only a DM can move me down. Do people actually know about these doors?

ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 April 2010, 19:54 »

All those towers have doors, but none of you are adventuress enough to look a couple of feet away to look for a door.  cwm21

(\__/)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: