Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 11:58

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Work for builders
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Work for builders  (Read 3777 times)
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« on: 17 May 2010, 09:48 »

Grin  I know you guys have nothing to do so here goes a few suggestions from me laugh

Maps in M.E. and their deniziens are my primary focus here I will list a few and add more as it occurs to me.

Fanghorn forest.    The ents had a actual fear of fire and the few that Saruman killed were killed by flame.  Keep the ent bosses uber powerfull hitters as they are just plz remove epic dodge from the slow forest giants and give them a slight flame vulnrability.
  also I think it might be cool to find merry and pippen hanging out there make them like the uber current inhabitants of hobbiton maybey.

Hobbiton.  C'mon tone down the uber already!  the rangers protected the shire from danger, as it is the rangers should run to the shire for protection.

new harrad areas...........    awsome man love it.

Mirk wood..  any chance on seeing legolas and / or his father fingolfin there? 

Lowbie goblin caves.. I would like to see the bosses stiffened up a bit they are in perma dp areas after all and close toihome cities.  and make em tough  give em a nasty surprise or 2 Evil

Dol Guldur.  Turn Living??  Tons of lame.  otherwise   Great area love it.

Riven dale Loose the mages or reset their spells.  especialy no timestop please. Give them epic spell focus evocation and a bunch of nasty evo spells instead.  also please cut the number of spawns in half say and let them  not respawn every 2.5 minutes   the elves of middle earth were a vanishing people not a vast ever multiplying horde!

Dale..  Must here be 5000 uber warriors in laketown?  c'mon where are the regular inhabitants and the not so uber warriors?   also the respawn rate.. bleh.  I mean all im asking for on alot of these areas is a chance that a non dr gollem or hitme bard pm can have a chance at killing the stuff there at lvl 40.  A few of the tough things i can agree with,  but hordes of them and respawning every 2 minutes is just disheartineng. Cry 
    The logic is that a lvl 40 individual in middle earth should be considered verry verry powerfull   not weak compared to say 50% of the friggin npcs.  Give the players more room and freedom to be the Powerfull protecters and heroes of middle earth.  or the agents of its doom. And let the bosses be the only things that would need a large party to handle   and by bosses i mean the big boys of m.e.  not every boss. *looks at shagluck and kicks him*

« Last Edit: 17 May 2010, 09:53 by Endlessorrow » Logged
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2010, 17:47 »

I full agree with Endless
Rivendel, Dale are no more visited even by veteran party...
why ? too hard and too boring ! you spent your time to res and run  Cry

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2010, 18:32 »

For Rivendell, Rivendell East, and Rivendell West, I think the biggest problem is how the spawns are spread out like they are. It's impossible to pull less than about 20 npcs at a time, which requires a large party to deal with (and results in mostly lackluster loot). I'm not sure what the problem was with the previous spawning method. One other thing that makes the spawns difficult for solo/small parties are the Mordor disj from the wizards. Even with 29 caster levels, every time I go there Mordor disj results in a full dispel of my buffs.

Aside from boss drops, the only noteworthy loot from Dale/Lonely Mountains that I've seen are the sniper helms from Dale for true sight/day, and The Wall shield from the dwarves at Lonely Mountains. However, the real problem (from my experience) is that the server always crashes whenever there is a raid doing Dale and Lonely Mountains. I'm not sure if it's just pure coincidence, or if something in those areas causes some strain on the server, but of the 8+ times I've tried to do Dale and Lonely Mountains with a big party, the server has crashed every single time.

Hobbiton is a bit of a joke atm. All it does is frustrate anyone that goes to it, and wastes their time. The Dunedain Rangers are also a big joke. Four of us tried farming Old Forest/Buckland/Woody End last night, and none of us understood the reasoning for making mobs with ~75 ab, that hit really hard, and any time they get to near death just run away with super speed and despawn.
olof

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2010, 22:02 »

However, the real problem (from my experience) is that the server always crashes whenever there is a raid doing Dale and Lonely Mountains. I'm not sure if it's just pure coincidence, or if something in those areas causes some strain on the server, but of the 8+ times I've tried to do Dale and Lonely Mountains with a big party, the server has crashed every single time.

This was a pretty severe "wtf" for me with eastemnet. I've (accidently) crashed the server alone running through these areas trying to get to celebrant. And no, I don't want to waste an hour killing effortless NPCs just to get from A to B, so adding true seeing and those ridiculous anti-GS traps isn't going to help.

...and wastes their time.

Don't even get me started on that. Water mazes are bad enough to run through, but to add the slow effect? I avoid those maps just because wasting time moving isn't fun. I thought the intention of a module was to make it fun Tongue

Spawns in the middle of bridges too... harad bridge crossing, for example, has an npc spawn on it that can make it impassable depending on how they move. To boot, they're blue to mordor so you can't kill them either. You just have to stand there and wait. Exciting!
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2010, 03:53 »

Definitely - work for builders.

As I've made changes, the load of things that I have to support has grown considerably.  I'm finding that things I thought worked are not always working which eat time.  That said, I like to do most of it.  So when stuff doesn't work, let me know.

Keep this stuff coming, constructively.  Most of my time is spent testing and working on things, so I've fallen behind the curve about game play in the mod and need your input about this stuff to know.  I've only been to Dale, Lonely Mtn, Rivendell, Fangorn or past Bree a time or two for each.  I'll definitely look into making the areas more accessible, but it's always a work-in-progress.
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2010, 01:48 »

Four of us attempted a Rivendell Raid earlier today, and all of us suffered from extremely bad lag. People kept on d/cing, were unable to move, use abilities, click, etc.
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2010, 10:26 »

Work for builders? Can you do my kitchen please  Grin

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2010, 15:40 »

I removed all summons and familiars from NPCs in Rivendell.  Sorry fairies, no more bunnies for you.  That should cut the number of NPCs by about a third.  We'll see how that does after it gets updated.

@Rad:  kids man, kids are for cleaning your kitchen  Smiley

P.S.  tried to update all the BD casters to not have timestop
« Last Edit: 20 May 2010, 15:49 by Terrorble » Logged
Snake
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

When there is Light....There is Darkness.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 May 2010, 09:59 »

kids man, kids are for cleaning your kitchen  Smiley

No, kids are for eating. Anyone who plays mordor can tell you they make a good snack.

"If god wanted you to live, he wouldn't have created me."
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: